It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Liberal Terrorism in Washington DC!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The poster in question was talking in the context of this election in particular. In all fairness, we cannot know exactly how the more rabid subset of Trump supporters would have taken a Trump loss especially if there were widespread rumors of election fraud (counterpart to current Russian hacking crap). There is really no way to know.

Now, we can look at the past and in that context we can say that this level of violent agitation is pretty unprecedented. I am pretty sure the South was fairly unhinged when Lincoln got elected, and they might have been nasty, but they didn't have quite the capacity for travel we have today.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They should be arrested. Deadly force should be reserved for those who are threatening life and limb in some way.

Martyrs are what they want.

As it is, any tiny little bruise is going to be a rallying cry. You know why BLM was chaining themselves up to access points. They were hoping to force the LEOs to have to physically wrestle them out of the way so they could cry racist police brutality.

You know that.

I understand. But just FYI...look where this is going.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I understand.

These are scary times. The left really does look like its working up to attempt violent revolution, but violent crackdown by law enforcement at this point is what they want. They want to look justified. They want everyone to think their cries about fascist police state are true and a violent crackdown gives them that wish fulfillment.

The last thing we need is for them to be able to recruit.

Besides, the swamp does need draning. If they burn it down and trash it, that would be one way to do it.
edit on 20-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The poster in question was talking in the context of this election in particular. In all fairness, we cannot know exactly how the more rabid subset of Trump supporters would have taken a Trump loss especially if there were widespread rumors of election fraud (counterpart to current Russian hacking crap). There is really no way to know.

Now, we can look at the past and in that context we can say that this level of violent agitation is pretty unprecedented. I am pretty sure the South was fairly unhinged when Lincoln got elected, and they might have been nasty, but they didn't have quite the capacity for travel we have today.

I am the rabid subset of Trump supporters. I think he could be the best President ever...but I will judge by his actions. I would protest or complain formally if she "stole" the election illegally. But if she simply won...I would do what everyone on the right does. Bitch and moan and hope for a better result next time.

Unless you count the nuts...that even we on the right call nuts...or the KKK, Skinheads, etc....we would NEVER harm another American citizen without good reason. And politics are NOT a good reason. That is who we are. That is why we deserve and approve of guns. We don't act like idiots. We are reality and law and values and morals.

They are not.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Ohanka
Sounds like they need to get the National Guard in.

If they refuse to cooperate they should be fired on.

"Disperse! Oh, you don't want to stop blocking traffic and smashing Starbucks windows? Well by God we'll just shoot into the crowd!"

Terrific job playing into that whole "fascist" meme

Hey quit flipping the script! You fascist!

I'm legitimately hoping my lack of suppprt for shooting into crowds of rioters gets me called a liberal. Already got called a right winger in one thread today so if I can manage to get called a left winger in the same day, that'll be a first for me.

Here's hoping

No prob...LIBERAL! Just kidding. Shooting into crowds is obviously wrong. But shooting may be justified if one person (being shot) is about to harm another person. I would NEVER advise shooting into a crowd. Kinda like fish in a bucket

Just a joke!

Don't tease me. So close, yet so far

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I understand.

These are scary times. The left really does look like its working up to attempt violent revolution, but violent crackdown by law enforcement at this point is what they want. They want to look justified. They want everyone to think their cries about fascist police state are true and a violent crackdown gives them that wish fulfillment.

The last thing we need is for them to be able to recruit.

Besides, the swamp does need draning. If they burn it down and trash it, that would be one way to do it.

I agree. But the last thing we need for them to be able to do is harm others. I draw my line a little closer to home than you.

Until this is a war, I won't worry about recruitment. We are about 50/50 at the moment and if Trump does anywhere near what he has promised...that will grow. The plan is to become 60/40...and the war is won without any blood. But if by hook and crook we can't get there...well...my old signature used to be "I'm too old to fight a war, but I have some mean computer skills".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

BAD monkey!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OK...taking a break.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

They are chanting, "There are 450 people here, there are 60 riot police approaching. What are we gonna do? Take it to em hard!"!

So yea, peaceful protestors right?

May Darwin bless them with their just reward!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Get out of here you leftist wing pos liberal scumbag.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have the perfect solution:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Free speech means you can harm people and break things now.

Only if you have certain political views.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

ALRIGHT !
Let's get that puppy to "GAS MONKEYS" and START the show!
Richard LOVES green...
edit on 20-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The police in D.C. don`t play games like the police in ferguson and some other places do by standing around watching the looting and rioting.the terrorists in D.C. are going to get roughed up a bit and tossed in jail before the looting and rioting get out of hand.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Terrorism is creating a climate of fear that's so strong people are unable to express political views for fear of death or reprisals, this is just a few isolated cases of college kids throwing some stuff at police at worst.

I would say then, by your definition, the politically correct movement has strayed VERY MUCH into the realms of terrorism then.

The PC movement has most certainly created a climate of fear so strong that people are unable to express their political views without fear of reprisals. That is a straight up fact.
Look at professor Jordan Peterson; he has recieved threats, abuse, intimidation and stands to lose both his job and his licence to practice as a clinical psychologist, all because he has an opinion that does not fit in with the PC movement's notion of what is acceptable. He gave a talk (it's on YouTube) where he read out a letter he received from another academic that reported their students saying they were afraid to speak their mind for fear of repercussions. He said he has received many such letters and, having seen the way that both trump voters and brexit voters have been abused (among others) for daring to have their own opinion, i find that very easy to believe.

See, this is where i have a real problem. I would say that i am a liberal person, I am a libertarian i believe that fundamentally we are all born equal, i don't care what you do in your personal life, i don't care what you do in your bedroom (which includes any and all consenting sexual practices between adults, like having Russian prostitutes urinate on your bed for example, not just the more widely accepted Adam sticking it to Steve or eve on eve action
), i wouldnt have voted Trump (or Hilary for that matter) and i would never see myself voting conservative here in the UK...
However, more and more I am forced to sympathise with the likes of trump voters and brexiteers (of which i'm neither) because of the utter hypocrisy and dangerous thought policing of the PC brigade.
They espouse apparently liberal ideology but, in practice use intimidation, threats, and even violence, to repress dissenting opinions. They're more right wing in that sense than the right wingers!
To try to FORCE people to speak, and even think a certain way, on penalty of being ostracised, losing their job, damage to their relationships, verbal or even physical abuse or, in fact, by CRIMINALISING certain thoughts and opinions, is ABSOLUTELY facist (anti-liberalism) and straight out of 1984!

How there is anyone on this thread attempting to downplay, excuse or weasel out of calling this out for the BS it is by arguing technicalities is beyond my comprehension.
There should be total condemnation of this from all sides, unequivocally.

No "well, it's only a BIT of violence, damage to property, arson, assaulting police etc." Or "well, you can't call it terrorism, it's just people using violence and intimidation to try and get what they want" or the good old "well, in a hypothetical world that i just invented YOU'D be doing it too".

For god's sake, can't we all just put the BS political points scoring to one side and just say "yeah, smashing stuff and hurting people is bad"(and no 'but'), "yeah, it is left leaning folks doing it this time, we can all see it and we distance ourselves from it because they don't represent me", "yeah, sometimes PC culture goes too far", "yeah, sometimes i'm wrong" and so on...

If the Democrats had come out and said "yeah, we lost the election, we got it wrong and it's our own fault" (instead of blaming everyone else) straight out of the gate then i am certain there wouldn't be HALF the animosity we're seeing now. I think people have been told they've been cheated, that Trump is somehow not legitimate (which i truly don't understand), that somehow there's been some kind of terrible injustice, so frequently and so fervently that it has incited this level of extreme reaction.

I wish people on both sides would just get over themselves and start actually being constructive....

ETA: sorry for the rant

edit on 20-1-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: gortex

Thank God this rabble isnt equipped with the IRA's riot strategies and tactics

That is the bright side of these "progressives". They are not. Very bright.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Fake protesters paid for by the opposition.

Project Veritas Plants.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Officer down unresponsive.

National Guard Lining along 7th.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well, no one needs to be able to harm someone else, and I'm not saying they should be able to.

I think this should be stopped before it gets to a fever pitch and we do end up at a Kent State.

Thing is that I'm not sure our LEOs have the fortitude to push to stop it before it gets to that point, and I'm fairly positive these snowflakes are the sort full of the glory of revolution with none of the real consequences. They don't understand what it is they are asking for, but the ones who have pushed them to this are counting on that.

They aren't what are universally called "useful idiots" for nothing.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join