It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holographic Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
excellent reading.
where did you come across the journel.?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The article on there touches only on the smallest aspects that are covered in Talbot's book of the same name of the article. I place the book up there as one of the greats that should be read along with Sitchin's 12th Planet and my personal favourite, Spot Goes To The Zoo (he saw a zebra while he was there!) ;-)

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
If you look at how a hologram is displayed - the beam split, one to the surface of the object to be shown, the other by way of a mirror to the object's surface -

it sounds a bit like the Sunlight reaching Earth, but also reaching Earth by way of it reflecting off of the Moon.

Funny how The Moon in tarot cards is a distortion of truth.

Maybe it is placed exactly so as to block out aspects of light, rendering some things unviewable. That one sounds more likely to me than the actual physical world being generated by a hologram, I don't think light (heat) creates, I think sound is what gives things physicality.

I think that the combination/interaction between Light and Sound would manisfest physicalilty...?!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I love it, Perfect, who thought of this one. This explains everything, and just goes to show that the mind is over everything else. Your perception of reality is unique, and if you can teach yourself to bend your laws you can shape your world. Have fun !

dh

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerhot
if you can teach yourself to bend your laws you can shape your world. Have fun !

The most profound instruction! This is the way things are changing and a justification for our endless tip-tapping
Thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Aspet's work is probably describing the speed of thought, like,telepathic communication. I believe thoughts to have mass and shape, and able to be sent and recieved!

Kushi_Master (-_-)

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
Aspet's work is probably describing the speed of thought, like,telepathic communication. I believe thoughts to have mass and shape, and able to be sent and recieved!

Kushi_Master (-_-)

I didn't quite get what you are trying to say.

dh

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the autistic spectrum disorder explains a lot of things
these are people who cant see the wood for the trees so cant operate a normal life
the gating mechanisms in the brain are broken down by birth trauma, vaccination, whatever.so they see the world as it is - infinite, and from the masses standpoint - chaotic
No wonder they want the small details of everyday life to remain exactly the same
They have the same input that dowsers and radionic practitioners seek ,methodically over space and time, but uncontrolled
The guy in the linked article sees the relationships of numbers in terms of images flowing together to create results
This is the way things actually work
www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 12-2-2005 by dh]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day, about the brain having it's own reality and stuff. What if my world is different from your world? What if my New York is your LA? What if I'm reading this and you wrote something about.....um.....polar bears, but my mind translates it to......penguins and someone else's mind translates the samething into ice cream? It would be like all of our minds are a branch off of something . A "god" perhaps? Interesting indeed.

dh

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The world is what you want it to be
There ia a massive paradigm shift going on as the Schumann resonance accelerates, while the HAARP network seeks to control the change
This website seems to acknowledge a steady state of the quickening whilst in reality the vibration is up around 12 or 13 Hz and very close to the awake state
www.fosar-bludorf.com...

Or rather
www.fosar-bludorf.com...

[edit on 13-2-2005 by dh]

dh

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This appears to be the theme of David Icke's next book, due out this April
A way out of drudgery and enslavement through pure will
The mental picture leads to the downfall of the tyrants and all their adversary methods

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I just purchased The Holographic Universe yesterday and I'm already on page 132. The book is just so fasinating. The concept of a Holographic universe is far more interesting than you think (or at least I thought).

Anyway, great reading. I'll finish it up probably tonight and tell you what I think about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
in the book The Holographic Universe Talbot gives an analogy which may explain the "instantaneous" particle communication. He describes a fish in a tank being videoed from 2 cameras at 2 different angles. You only get to watch the 2 seperate monitors. It looks like 2 seperate fish but their movements are synchronised perfectly of course. Similarly, the "seperate" particles may, at a deeper level, be the same particle. "Bing". I found that to be one of the nicest analogies for something incredibly complex I'd heard in a long time.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Some of you seem confused about the references to the universe being a hologram, as in a computer generated light show or a type of matrix movie. Well, thats not what is meant in the book.

Life is real, when you get cut thats real blood, its not fake holographic blood, LOL! Talbot simply compares the properties of a hologram to the properties of life. One of the properties of a hologram is "A part of something contains the information of whole something"

You see a holographic image is made by lasers bouncing of mirriors and off a object, lets say a apple. This creates a "Ripple of light" like when you throw two stones in a pond and the ripples meet each other creating a interference pattern. This interference pattern is then captured/recorded onto a special holographic film. This in turn creates a 3D image of a apple.

Now this "Holographic" 3D image of a apple, has properties diffrent from a regular 2D photograph of a apple. Say you cut the 2D image in half, well now you have two images of two halves of a apple. Now take the holographic film of the 3D apple, cut it in half, shine a laser through each part and Viola! Two perfectly whole apples! Now cut thost two pieces into twos so now have 4 small pieces, shine a lazer through each peice you now have 4 whole apples.Now cut that film into a thousand, you now have images of a thousand whole apples. And so on. This property of a hologram sets it apart from a regular photograph.

How can that be? you say, Well each part of the hologram, contains the information of the whole. Which talbot stresses in the book. How does this apply to the universe? you say. Well look at your body, each cell of your body contains all the information of the whole. Thus DNA is holographic, Thus you body is holographic. Heck your body contains all the information of the universe from your little atoms I could create universes if I had the power. (A big enough lazer LOL)

Our brain acts as the holographic film. It is simply converting all these interference patterns to Images, Smells, Sound ect. And Anything You would like to add please do. It really gives you a diffrent outlook on how reality is constructed. The reason why scientists can't locate memory is because memory is contained in every cell of the brain its NON-LOCAL.

NON-LOCALITY is also a property of the a hologram. It's also stressed in Talbot's book, He refers to objects in time-space as non-local which i will not get into right now. He also goes into conciousness being non-local, because we all think consciousness being located in our brains right?. Well in his book he explains how the consciousness can leave the body creating OBE's and allow phychics and remote veiws to see things through time and space.

I hope this clears some misconceptions about a matrix movie reality,that people confuse the word holograms with.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by RandomKungFu]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
oh geeze, where to start.

in the beginning of the article, yes he is talking about entangled photons. these have NOTHING to do with holograms. believe me i work everyday with both. it is true that these "entangled photons" can communicate faster than light, but because of the uncertianty you cannot know what information is actually being sent. this renders the process useless.

a hologram, the way he desribes it, copies the diffraction pattern from the two lasers bouncing off the object. similar to youngs two slit experiment (which is used to prove the wave nature of light). the diffraction pattern is actually a fourier transform. we use this technology for many things from fingerprint identification to image recognition. it is true that a small peice of the diffraction pattern can generate the whole picture again, sort of. blocking out the outside of the pattern will result with a blurry picture. this is because the fine details are on the outside, and the bigger detains are more in the middle. a cool application is like when a satalite maps a terrain it actually scans it. the scan then has seems where each line is put together. when you take the diffraction pattern and block out the verticle dots, you will actuallty take out the horizontal lines and make the picture look smooth.

the author is trying to link to totally unrelated things by only telling half truths. that is why you have never heard of this. there is no phd by his name, so i'm assuming he doesn't have one. it would behoove him to take an undergraduate course in optics.

Urn

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I just purchased The Holographic Universe yesterday and I'm already on page 132. The book is just so fasinating. The concept of a Holographic universe is far more interesting than you think (or at least I thought).

Anyway, great reading. I'll finish it up probably tonight and tell you what I think about it.

i just recieved my copy a few days ago, and i got to roughly the same page as you did the first time i cracked it open as well (about one third the way through)....i just couldn't put the friggin thing down...its just the coolest book ever...its the most facsinating, and mind blowing thing i think i've ever read....

all i can say about this book is... WOW
simply WOW

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Urn]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
apparantly theres more space in our atoms than "matter"...
Which also points towards illusion, as our physical selves are nearly 100%...nothing

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
As it's been stated above, it's actually an excerpt from the beginning of the book "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. No, he doesn't have any PhDs that I could find, he's merely 'reporting' on the subject with his own opinions thrown in now and then. I almost have the book completed.

Trust me if you don't read the book - It has nothing to do with anything like the Matrix. The book in a very basic nutshell is talking about how everything (Because of the said holographic properties.) is interconnected with everything else and that the mind forms reality around itself based on this higher, interconnected implicate order... Not how people are human batteries hooked up to computers.

I will say that the only comparision between The Matrix and this book is the fact that it theorizes that if someone was able to 'control' the higher functions of the holographic brain, then that person could literally create a realitive reality around them as they see fit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join