It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Donald Trump!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't you have some more false equivalence between riots and shooting people to make?

Go back and read what I said. There was no equivalence except in your own mind. Besides OP sounded like he was disappointed in Obama too.
edit on 20-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This day also marks the Birth of the Resistance!

And in four years, the Resistance may well take power back and formally end the Electoral College and the Republic.

Remember, pay backs are a #itch!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Responding to somebody trying to throttle back all the comments about shooting rioters with "they shouldn't be rioting" sure seems like you're trying to put the two on equal footing.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Responding to somebody trying to throttle back all the comments about shooting rioters with "they shouldn't be rioting" sure seems like you're trying to put the two on equal footing.

OK, first, this isn't the thread for that discussion.

But second, do you think they deserve to riot for some reason?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

This day also marks the Birth of the Resistance!

And in four years, the Resistance may well take power back and formally end the Electoral College and the Republic.

Remember, pay backs are a #itch!

They are.

And the left should be learning about that, and hopefully those in power are aware of this right now. Thing is. If America is booming and happy. How many people are going to take off and idenitfy well with leftist inclusion which is why they aren't doing well now. Leftists are inclusive, they`ve oretty much excluded everyone.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm beginning to dislike the negativity at this site. All the political chaos here is making me want to puke. Trump is now our president, he won a vast majority of the counties votes in America. He was elected because people want hope for the future and I see so many people trying to create chaos.

I see the people spreading this negativity as not very intelligent, they are going to destroy the civility in our country. Hillary lost because she was the wrong choice of the Democratic party. They should have picked someone without so many skeletons in the closet.

Bye guys, be back when things here get more civil.

What is this "civility" in our country you speak of? Maybe I'm late to the party..

Must be, most people were civil when I was young. Sure I may be sixty one and an old coot now, but at least I have seen real civilization.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I'm beginning to dislike the negativity at this site. All the political chaos here is making me want to puke. Trump is now our president, he won a vast majority of the counties votes in America. He was elected because people want hope for the future and I see so many people trying to create chaos.

I see the people spreading this negativity as not very intelligent, they are going to destroy the civility in our country. Hillary lost because she was the wrong choice of the Democratic party. They should have picked someone without so many skeletons in the closet.

Bye guys, be back when things here get more civil.

What is this "civility" in our country you speak of? Maybe I'm late to the party..

Must be, most people were civil when I was young. Sure I may be sixty one and an old coot now, but at least I have seen real civilization.

From what I've read the 50's and 60's weren't exactly civil.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Did you ever get that wooping by your friends that you were asking for so much?

Things will change.. 2016 was unprecedented, the alt-right burst on the scene, Trump actually won.. we're living in a state of affairs that NO ONE could have predicted only a few years ago.

The moral is high on the right.. They know their influence will wax. They're looking at throwing a rock through that Overton window.. How far can they go? How much will this victory legitimize the dissent? And how much will the barefaced partisanship of the media and the establishment alienate people as these ideas become steadily more popular as these ideas actually start being discussed. The liberals can't hold their own in a debate.. they've painted themselves into a little extremist corner and they're only getting more ridiculous by the minute. And people are already tired of them.

And with liberalism having become the chosen ideology of the establishment liberals will be painted more and more as establishment lackeys.

We're going through an ideological paradigm shift politically, that has been a long time coming now. God knows where we will end up. But one thing is clear, the progressive dam has broken. The brainwashing is failing..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
Did you ever get that wooping by your friends that you were asking for so much?

Things will change.. 2016 was unprecedented, the alt-right burst on the scene, Trump actually won.. we're living in a state of affairs that NO ONE could have predicted only a few years ago.

The moral is high on the right.. They know their influence will wax. They're looking at throwing a rock through that Overton window.. How far can they go? How much will this victory legitimize the dissent? And how much will the barefaced partisanship of the media and the establishment alienate people as these ideas become steadily more popular as these ideas actually start being discussed. The liberals can't hold their own in a debate.. they've painted themselves into a little extremist corner and they're only getting more ridiculous by the minute. And people are already tired of them.

And with liberalism having become the chosen ideology of the establishment liberals will be painted more and more as establishment lackeys.

We're going through an ideological paradigm shift politically, that has been a long time coming now. God knows where we will end up. But one thing is clear, the progressive dam has broken. The brainwashing is failing..

Nope, sure didn't. I guess I gave Trump supporters too much credit.

Riddle me this, if the progressive dam has broken why is the left more galvanized and present then they've been in a long time? Do you really believe the same leftists who stayed home because they were sure of a Hillary win will do that next time? Or that people are just going to bow to Trump now? Lol.

I know you and others feel like you're part of some big "change" but the reality is in 4 years a new administration will be coming in with a mandate to wipe away everything Trump has done up to that point. All the rhetoric you're riding high on right now is just that, rhetoric.

Welcome to America.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Depends on where you lived, up here it was pretty good, but down in Detroit it was all messed up. Now there is lots of civil unrest here, I guess it was inevitable that the chaos in the rest of the country would rub off on the people here.

It helps that we have a lot of deer hunters, once a year we can go out and kill something. It relieves the stress.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

edit on 21-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: editing

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You're delusional.

Sweden is the most progressive country in the world and the votes for the immigration party have increased a 1000% in only 10 years.

Tell me that is not indicative of an ideological paradigm shift. This is also true for the whole Western World.

A lot of these kids that are protesting now will grow up. You think going to college will be the end of their learning curve? No, it's only the beginning: the point where they're at their most naive. People are waking up, and not to some conservative truth either, but to the corruption of the globalist elite and their agenda.

These kids don't need to be convinced to be republicans or conservatives, they only need to realize that the progressive agenda is in fact an agenda, an agenda that is being run by a ruthless cabal of globalist elites. This also ties in nicely with the obsessive victim mentality of liberals, you only need to convince them that they are in fact being exploited by this other group of people. So you pretty much just change who the villain in their grand victim narrative is. And they already hate rich old white men so you only need to convince them not to hate all other white people or blame them for the crimes of the elite. It's just a slight correction to their worldview.

I have to say though, it's really almost a huge surprise that you people - that are so obsessed with your own victimhood and the victimhood of others - haven't jumped on the conspiracy theory bandwagon yet. I mean, here's a chance for you people to blame EVERYTHING on some shady conspiracy. And you people ARE conspiracy prone, I mean the whole view of the patriarchy in feminism is conspiratorial in the extreme even though it is lacking in substance. So you people are clearly willing to believe in absurd conspiracies and claims even when the evidence is lacking. So why aren't you people conspiracy theorists? And bear in mind I'm not saying that conspiracy theorists are gullible here or that they have victim mentalities - because I don't see conspiracy theorists actually making excuses and blaming their own failures on some outside entity - they simply acknowledge a conspiracy if there is one. So why aren't you people conspiracy theorists? It's because you people are conformist shills, and that's it. Conspiracy theorists are often contrarians if anything, you guys are total conformist shills though and that's the answer to the question. You guys are simply conditioned like clockwork by external stimuli and that's it, you people simply follow the herd. Even if the herd is brain-dead and its ideas are fundamentally flawed. You guys aren't conspiracy theorists because it's not politically expedient or popular to be, but quite the opposite. Being a conspiracy theorist is essentially what you guys are pretending it's like to be a progressive, you get attacked by the media, all official institutions and are even shunned and or laughed at for entertaining certain ideas. How you people can continue to imagine that this is your reality though is utterly beyond me. Seeing as you're always supported by the media and a million other institutions including academia. It's quite ridiculous and just another giant example of cognitive dissonance to add to the list.

I have to say, it's pretty damn hilarious to see you liberals defend scum f*cks like George Soros though.. I mean, he's the biggest capitalist scum bag ever, the very definition of a villain. The cognitive dissonance of you people never ceases to amaze me.

And how long do you think people will continue believing lies like the wage gap? You people have been repeating that lie for over 10 years now and we've been debunking it for 10 years too. How long can you keep perpetuating lies before you lose all credibility? And this is just one out of hundreds of pretty progressive lies.

Either way this will take time.. It took close to 30 or 40 years before your ideology ended up as the dominant one. We've still got decades to go. We're brand new, our influence will continue to wax. Especially since the establishment have taken sides so clearly now. They've essentially made us into the default opposition. Meanwhile, on the flip side you can't be a progressive now without being an establishment shill. That's just the way of the game now, you don't think the youth will appreciate this sooner or later? The only reason they haven't already is because they are too damned dumb to realize this. You always need to reach a certain critical mass for the sheeple to change their ways. And then once you hit that magical number people will automatically start mind controlling themselves quite unconsciously into following whatever is the new trend. This is because people aren't actually conscious and sovereign beings, they just think they are but in reality they are products of the collective consciousness and the collective consciousness has a deindividualizing effect. You think the rebellious youth of the future will want to be establishment lackeys? You guys are played out.. sorry but you're 50 years too late. It's not the 60's any more. You guys are dinosaurs, you're living in the past man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join