It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Donald Trump!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: underwerks

Congratulations!!!!

You just passed Virtue Signaling 101!

I don't know what that is.

He's referring to people passing judgement and acting holier-than-thou about a guy that's been in office for two #'ing hours, while neatly ticking off the trendy buzz-words as you wax prophetic about it all.

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
"it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"

Happy to help

Thanks for that! I love learning a new phrase that keeps me from thinking about something.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm beginning to dislike the negativity at this site. All the political chaos here is making me want to puke. Trump is now our president, he won a vast majority of the counties votes in America. He was elected because people want hope for the future and I see so many people trying to create chaos.

I see the people spreading this negativity as not very intelligent, they are going to destroy the civility in our country. Hillary lost because she was the wrong choice of the Democratic party. They should have picked someone without so many skeletons in the closet.

Bye guys, be back when things here get more civil.

What is this "civility" in our country you speak of? Maybe I'm late to the party..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Considering there were anti-Obama threads made in the past 24 hours you better get ready for four years of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Congratulations!!!!

He's referring to people passing judgement and acting holier-than-thou about a guy that's been in office for two #'ing hours, while neatly ticking off the trendy buzz-words as you wax prophetic about it all.

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Happy to help

Thanks for that! I love learning a new phrase that keeps me from thinking about something.

Learning what virtue signaling is has absolutely nothing to do with stopping one from thinking about something. Being able to call a spade a spade isn't indicative of a lack of thought.

Except in the small minded, incapable of more than one thought at a time kind of folks perhaps. You're welcome, though!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Congratulations!!!!

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun

Happy to help

Learning what virtue signaling is has absolutely nothing to do with stopping one from thinking about something. Being able to call a spade a spade isn't indicative of a lack of thought.

Except in the small minded, incapable of more than one thought at a time kind of folks perhaps. You're welcome, though!

Buzzwords that incorrectly label something so the person can fit it in a little box so it's easier for them to understand? Yeah, no shortcuts to thinking there.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Incorrectly in your mind, anyway. I don't think you're the ultimate authority on what's what so I mean...deflate your ego a bit maybe?

The appeal-to-emotion arguments get old. Are they virtue signaling? I can see the argument either way. But recognizing that you use logical fallacies in your posts doesn't mean I'm incapable of thinking about your posts. Indeed, recognizing them for what they are requires thought in and of itself.

Probably shouldn't be casually dismissive when complaining about something being casually dismissive, eh?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pepe is ready to build the wall... are you?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Killer bunny Trump has the libs screaming run away run away.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Incorrectly in your mind, anyway. I don't think you're the ultimate authority on what's what so I mean...deflate your ego a bit maybe?

The appeal-to-emotion arguments get old. Are they virtue signaling? I can see the argument either way. But recognizing that you use logical fallacies in your posts doesn't mean I'm incapable of thinking about your posts. Indeed, recognizing them for what they are requires thought in and of itself.

Probably shouldn't be casually dismissive when complaining about something being casually dismissive, eh?

You do realize by posting your version of "virtue signaling" you're doing the exact thing you're accusing me of, right? Maybe you should drop some of that ego and stop worrying about showing everyone how virtuously right wing you are.

I mean, you criticizing me is just you trying to signal to everyone how right you are, right?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Someone needs to go sit back down at the kid table.
Listen you are clearly triggered.
As a relatively new member I should inform you this will be the badge you wear for the duration here. Have seen many posters like yourself commit blog suicide.
Remember that.

You go from the world is ending and we just elected worse than Hitler.

Some people feel they've got their country back. Others see Mussolini, or Hitler. I think that's giving Trump too much credit. On both counts.

To...

I knew nothing was going to change. And it didn't. And it won't under Trump.

Nice 180 in the same paragraph.
But it only muddies the water of whatever point you are trying to make here.
Also makes me not want to have a legitimate discussion with you seeing as you started your thread with stuff that usually comes out of elementary school kids mouths. But I digress...

Enjoy your new president!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So is Pepe now the most effective way of getting rid of BO?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

My version? I posted the version that comes up on google, bub. I didn't write it, nor claim any ownership of it. That's like saying me posting the definition of "vehicle" is just my "version" of the word. So much fail.

It's always funny when one of you bleeding heart liberals comes fresh off your "I'm gonna be in a FEMA camp" posts (there's that pesky appeal to emotion fallacy again) and instead of addressing any actual points simply resorts to calling me a right winger. I say funny because the right wingers on ATS are just as quick to call me a left winger. You guys should form a club or something

Now since you've devolved into having to apply labels while you complain about people using labels, I'm gonna go ahead and bow outta this "discussion." Given your need to have the last word I expect some sorta attempt at a witty parting shot, and you can have that. Enjoy

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Hey you get outta here with pointing out the inconsistencies in the diatribe. That's uncalled for and unneeded. And definitely isn't wanted, either.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I like it, good sir. S & F, and all that jazz.

link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Someone needs to go sit back down at the kid table.
Listen you are clearly triggered.
As a relatively new member I should inform you this will be the badge you wear for the duration here. Have seen many posters like yourself commit blog suicide.
Remember that.

You go from the world is ending and we just elected worse than Hitler.

Some people feel they've got their country back. Others see Mussolini, or Hitler. I think that's giving Trump too much credit. On both counts.

To...

I knew nothing was going to change. And it didn't. And it won't under Trump.

Nice 180 in the same paragraph.
But it only muddies the water of whatever point you are trying to make here.
Also makes me not want to have a legitimate discussion with you seeing as you started your thread with stuff that usually comes out of elementary school kids mouths. But I digress...

Enjoy your new president!!

I don't think it's me that's "triggered" in this thread.

If typing my thoughts on here is "blog suicide" than so be it. Oh well. If I cared what people thought I'd be grabbing ankles for Trump like most people here are. Honestly, did you even comprehend the quotes you just posted by me? The one you're claiming I'm saying Trump is worse than Hitler I specifically said that's giving Trump too much credit. And the second is just reiterating the thoughts from the first. Seriously?

Responding emotionally to something you should have thought about first is the hallmark of "triggered". And that's not me in this thread lol.

link   

Let me just say ...

Happy Nobama Day!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

My version? I posted the version that comes up on google, bub. I didn't write it, nor claim any ownership of it. That's like saying me posting the definition of "vehicle" is just my "version" of the word. So much fail.

It's always funny when one of you bleeding heart liberals comes fresh off your "I'm gonna be in a FEMA camp" posts (there's that pesky appeal to emotion fallacy again) and instead of addressing any actual points simply resorts to calling me a right winger. I say funny because the right wingers on ATS are just as quick to call me a left winger. You guys should form a club or something

Now since you've devolved into having to apply labels while you complain about people using labels, I'm gonna go ahead and bow outta this "discussion." Given your need to have the last word I expect some sorta attempt at a witty parting shot, and you can have that. Enjoy

The FEMA camp line was a joke, I'm making fun of Trump with this thread.

You triggered bro?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

NOT really WE knew he was a wild card .
WE just ambushed you to break things up and rebuild ,WE KNEW there was an EPIC mess already and WE may have a fight with China .
Other than that ,GLORIOUS CHAOS again I know THAT game.
"SNOWFLAKE" is a bit of snow or a liberal only.
WE are KILLBOTS ,ALTRIGHT or some OTHER Prog Dema labeling ploy.
"SNOWFLAKE "was a right wing condescension GET your own..

edit on 20-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I like it, good sir. S & F, and all that jazz.

Thank you. Even if we disagree on most things, I always respect your opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't you have some more false equivalence between riots and shooting people to make?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join