It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Donald Trump!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I for one, would like to welcome our new dumpster-fire-in-chief, Donald Trump. And I'd like to applaud your foresight in having a marching band play the theme from Monty Python at your inaugural concert.

Touché Donald, touché.

We have now entered the greatest comedic season this country has ever known. A loud mouthed halfwit has somehow convinced half of the country he's going to take America back to some vague point that no one can really put their finger on, not even him.

America has now become a caricature of itself. A drooling drawing by a man child of his version of "America", with friendly fascism as the art teacher.

What does it all mean?

Some people feel they've got their country back. Others see Mussolini, or Hitler. I think that's giving Trump too much credit. On both counts.

I remember walking to the red line subway in L.A. on my way to work after Obamas first victory, and as I'm going down the escalator some people were coming up the other side, and were singing about "change" and all smiles and enthusiasm. I remember just shaking my head, because even though I liked Obama, I knew nothing was going to change. And it didn't. And it won't under Trump.

Think you got your country back? Really?

Reality would like to have a word with you.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I love Statists who chant gleefully at their new Puppet in Chief each inauguration, only to slowly find out their "Champion of the People" was full of horse sh*t and sold out to private interest groups and "the higher ups".

Hopefully this time will be different, as Bob Marley once sang, "Time will tell"

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Reality: "don't listen to that person up there 👆 they are just a bit distraught and rambling nonsense. Don't worry, you really do got your country back"

Sooo, I talked with reality......

edit on 20-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

He's only just been sworn in lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The Liberty Bell March by John Phillip Sousa.. How freekin apropos. Great march title. Fits so well with our freedom loving liberty loving cohorts. But just like all things symbolic, it is a two edged sword. I wonder if his people even knew the other sense of that march.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Trumps policies will affect even those on the right that voted for him. They will suffer as well. Then they will be the "snowflakes" asking....why didn't someone warn us.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The Liberty Bell March by John Phillip Sousa.. How freekin apropos. Great march title. Fits so well with our freedom loving liberty loving cohorts. But just like all things symbolic, it is a two edged sword. I wonder if his people even knew the other sense of that march.

Someone had to know. I'm a sure a few people were laughing on the inside.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Congratulations!!!!

You just passed Virtue Signaling 101!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Congratulations!!!!

I don't know what that is.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Reality: "don't listen to that person up there 👆 they are just a bit distraught and rambling nonsense. Don't worry, you really do got your country back"

Sooo, I talked with reality......

Sounds like fake news.

ETA: Am I doing that right?

edit on 20-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
These anti Trump threads are getting real boring.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I knew I should have bought stock in facial tissue and snow shovel companies.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think spring is coming early this year, the snowflakes are just melting away!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I knew I should have bought stock in facial tissue and snow shovel companies.

They're tears of laughter more than anything. These next 4 years will be hilarious, if I'm not locked in a FEMA camp somewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I really don't care what happens to America anymore.

I'm blessed to have enough resources and contacts to live anywhere I want. I can thrive if there's a internet connection.

My only problem is trying to figure out where I want to live.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hail TRUMPOTUS.

I have never heard a leader make such a spot on speech about what needs and is going to be done. He spoke from the minds of the people!

Need one like him in the UK!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I didn't know ATS had fortune tellers. Any more fake news coming out soon?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: seeker1963

Congratulations!!!!

I don't know what that is.

He's referring to people passing judgement and acting holier-than-thou about a guy that's been in office for two #'ing hours, while neatly ticking off the trendy buzz-words as you wax prophetic about it all.

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
"it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"

Happy to help

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm beginning to dislike the negativity at this site. All the political chaos here is making me want to puke. Trump is now our president, he won a vast majority of the counties votes in America. He was elected because people want hope for the future and I see so many people trying to create chaos.

I see the people spreading this negativity as not very intelligent, they are going to destroy the civility in our country. Hillary lost because she was the wrong choice of the Democratic party. They should have picked someone without so many skeletons in the closet.

Bye guys, be back when things here get more civil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join