It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Presidential Speech A Little Lackluster?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If you STILL need to hear another speech to feel good about this particular transfer of power, I don't know that you ever will.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Heck, it was real...how's that for a change? I found it both strong and courageous. Refreshing.

edit on 20-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: YouSir

The current president was literally the star of a TV show for 11 seasons. Do you really want to play the semantics game?

Ummm...why...are you saying your an expert fencer...?

Well let me riposte with this reiteration...I much prefer a man that gets things done than one who stands behind a podium...tragically lost...because the words on the screen failed...and ended up merely speechifying the issues...rather than rolling up his sleeves and doing the peoples work...

The grand difference...is that I will actually give the man a chance...while you piss and moan about whether his speech was presidential or not...

Have you really nothing positive to say about all the corporations that are now bringing investment and jobs back to the country...before...the man even being sworn into office...merely from the calculated threat of raised taxes on their products...

But you go right ahead and feel your imagined pain and angst...if it makes you feel better that is...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nothing lackluster about his speech to me. He said the magic words: America and Americans first -- ALL Americans. That's all I needed to hear. That's all that needed to be said. And now that's what he needs to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Why does the world have a problem with America pulling back and working on itself internally for a while?

All my 39 years Ive been hearing how other countries dont like us because we get involved where we arent welcome.

We aren't toppling governments for a change, we are trying to mind our own business, but now everyone acts like we should hold everyone's hand through the storms

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
He was elected for ACTION. We'll see plenty of that!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Presidential Historians, CNN and even Dems disagree with you. Whether you liked the content of the speech or not, it no doubt has huge implications. Nothing lackluster about that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The market started liking it, then they pulled back a little as Trump went along.

The tone has been set. The market is cautious and awaiting action. The rhetoric is largely being ignored for now and I know I'll be holding back until any kind of pattern develops. If it stays erratic there's no point in getting involved. I can't deal with that kind of volatility.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Why does the world have a problem with America pulling back and working on itself internally for a while?

All my 39 years Ive been hearing how other countries dont like us because we get involved where we arent welcome.

We aren't toppling governments for a change, we are trying to mind our own business, but now everyone acts like we should hold everyone's hand through the storms

I don't get it either. Not at all. It's like we're the proverbial pushmepullyou -- If we do nothing, we're isolationists; and if we do something, we're interfering.

But the inarguable and undebatable bottom line is that our government's first and primary responsibility is to us. No one else. Period. We are truly blessed and privileged to be in a position to help others, but it is not our responsibility to do so.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

We don't actually. We want that. All sides do, but Americans are highly involved in the social aspects of our society. Economic issues are 3rd world problems, but as America slips economically fear forces economic issues to become the priority. When America pulls back, they begin to earn their wealth again, they get comfortable and begin to demand more socially. So it flips. Social issues are 1st world issues. Gender and race equality, the environment etc.

People don't like these things, but it is very good for the longevity of our society. Besides, let others have their voices heard too. We may have such great differences in what we want our country to be, but it can't just be about one groups voice. Trump is with us for 4 years or 8 years. We will choose the next person for a reason. I am hoping for Sanders if he doesn't die first. He's the total package for me and really connected with people in a more positive way than Trump. Trump is just bad with people, but let him do his job and we shall see.

It's been an emotional election. It's time to focus on getting things done. Whatever your cause.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lacklustre pretty much sums it up.
I didnt like it, no different than his campaigns

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If he delivers on all his points, then I suppose it will be looked back on in a more favourable light. Only time wil tell.
I just didn't like it

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I was just grateful that he didn't refer to himself in the third person. For once...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
He wrote the speech himself. Remember presidents usually have speechwriters.

Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
At least he didn't deliver a speech was an hour and forty five minutes long like William Henry Harrison did.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Junkheap because: Clarity.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Exactly. He's still campaigning. We saw it at the press conference a few days ago and we saw it again today. He's a sales(con?)man. He doesn't actually know how to act as President.

Well he needed to continue to campaign since he been under full frontal attack from the left since he past 270 votes....

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Checking out how the msm spin doctors are crafting things on CBS & CNN and I'm starting to realize how brilliant the speech truly was: They have to make his points to address them and their sold-out bias is falling very, very flat (flatter than ever) in the face of the realism.

edit on 20-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
He wrote the speech himself. Remember presidents usually have speechwriters.

Something to think about.

I guess it is hard for people to get use to someone that hasn't been a politician their whole life. Anyone remember how Obama couldn't say a complete sentence off the TelePrompter his first four years and he has been basically a professional politition most of his adult life... how soon we forget

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Reminded me of Nuremberg!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
he did say we were going to conquer the mysteries of space and eradicate disease from the planet.
hahahah

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join