It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Presidential Speech A Little Lackluster?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As much as I support President Trump, I do feel as if his speech failed to hit on notes that past presidents have done. I understand what he was going for by saying that "America is going to belong to the people again" But I didn't feel it in my soul as it should have been felt. I guess after the last few presidencies America has become numb to what is said by higher officials.

Let us all hope he goes through with his Promises to our country.

Congratulations Mr. President and Godspeed.

What are your thoughts on what was said and how you felt about it? Possibly I have hyped myself into thinking something more exciting was going to summit from his speech.

Aside from my skepticism, this is a great day for me and for our great country The United States of Ameica!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

failed to hit on notes that past presidents have done

That`s because he is unlike any other president, he isn`t a politician or a lawyer.

His speech was consistent with his campaign promises/wishes.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Exactly. He's still campaigning. We saw it at the press conference a few days ago and we saw it again today. He's a sales(con?)man. He doesn't actually know how to act as President.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
What are your thoughts on what was said and how you felt about it? Possibly I have hyped myself into thinking something more exciting was going to summit from his speech. !

Agree. Felt flat. Like an encore from a stump speech. We already know what's wrong. Hopefully we'll see much less of him as he rolls up his sleeves and gets to the work of the people.

link   
His speech reflected how he has been talking.

He waxed poetic, he was thankful, inclusionary, but also, he means business.

Sometimes we take for granted when people say they are going to do something because the people who intend on action don't have to give you a great speech. They'll just give you results.

That being said, I thought his speech suited him and also suited the American People.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Exactly. He's still campaigning. We saw it at the press conference a few days ago and we saw it again today. He's a sales(con?)man. He doesn't actually know how to act as President.

He has to keep campaigning to try to pull more in his direction...nothing wrong with that...they do it through their enttre presidency

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Does it matter how to act? I thought that acting was part of the problem...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How dare you say so ???!!! This was the best presidential speech ever11111!!!! You must be a Hillary shill

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

He recycled his campaign speeches , not impressed either but not really surprised.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ummm...NO...not exactly...I would rather a man that gets things done...than an effusive teleprompt...if if if if if if iffer...

And I'm glad to hear you admit that the previous holders of the office were only...acting...the part...Ronald Reagan notwithstanding...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hey just declared America is moving away from globalism towards nationalism.... how is that lacklustre

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I have to agree. I feel like his speech was just a rerun of his rally speeches. Like Xcalibur said, it was an election speech, not an inauguration speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Speech? Really? I don't care if the President is a deaf mute. Words mean doodly squat. I want a President that takes actions that can help the USA.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

The current president was literally the star of a TV show for 11 seasons. Do you really want to play the semantics game?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
what did you guys want him to say?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

His speech was pretty bad as far as presidential speeches go, but I kind of expected that from a non-politically-correct, non-politician human being.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
what did you guys want him to say?

"Round up the Mexicans, arrest Obama and could someone please get me the nuclear football"

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Hey just declared America is moving away from globalism towards nationalism.... how is that lacklustre

Sure he can say a lot of things but what he needs to do is be vehement in his speeches. Repeating the same phrase repeatedly and using the same three hand gestures lacks that. In order to get anything done he needs to be convincing to congress, the senate, the judicial branch, and we the people. Without their support his presidency will stagnate and become what we all fear.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Our best Prime Minister wasn't a good orator and didn't have charisma or media presence forget celebrity and judge the job he does-which hasn't even started yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

exactly, those who can`t get things done become good at giving speeches, those who can get things done have no use for giving speeches their actions will speak for themselves.
I don`t care what a president says I care what he does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join