It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now That Trump Is President...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Really Congrats President Trump.

Being on the same stage with Schumer,Obama,Clinton and company.

And manage to be cordial.

I wouldn't have been.

Yep , I would have had some 3 meat Troll BBQ . In a major way. But I am not Presidential and do not claim to be...
Trump in 2020
Peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let the royal rumpus begin! Trump was chosen (the unwitting tool IMO) as the leader for the anarchistic capitalists who now have control of all three branches of the federal govt and many state govts.

Some people are destructive anarchist street protesters, like at the Inauguration, while others are destructive anarchists from their offices in Washington and state govts. Trump will do what the Congressional anarchists tell him to do. Trump has already done the work for self-proclaimed anarchists such as Steve Bannon.

Anarcho-capitalists in charge now will burn down govts to make way for corporate control.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Testosterone?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All leaders, all power, all politicians should be held accountable, scrutinized, and have their feet continuously held to the fire. None should be given blank checks or unopposed free reign. That goes for both (and all) parties and ideologies.

I was never an Obama supporter. To me, Obama was a corporatist faux liberal who talked a good talk, but then imprisoned whistleblowers, allowed the perpetuation of torture, signed the NDAA, when faced with obstruction rather than conceding defeat or continuing to press for real compromise, instead pushed through a flawed and (while in some ways good for many, maybe even a majority,) incredibly unfair and burdensome healthcare "reform" act that detrimentally impacted the lives and wellfare of millions, just so he could have a "legacy" (one very shortly to be dismantled) ...and continued our involvement in disastrous foreign policy and oil wars. I don't hate the man or wish him any ill, but that's my honest appraisal.

The only things I agreed with him on were civil rights and social progress. Everything else... he did his corporate backers' bidding, and strengthened the military industrial complex. It took people getting frostbite and severe injuries for weeks during peaceful protest in North Dakota before he would act to stop the DAPL, in a largely symbolic move that probably can't possibly stick in the incoming government. And he subjected Chelsea Manning to enormous pain and suffering, only finally - and partially - pardoning her on the way out. (And some others weren't so fortunate.)

Clinton would have perpetuated that same status quo, and her corruption had become impossible to deny for all but her most ardent and relentless supporters. Likewise, I don't hate the woman, or wish her any ill. But that's my honest appraisal.

So do I support Trump? Not so far.

Trump, for his part, takes office with unprecedented disapproval ratings, a proposed/nominated cabinet filled with corporatists, a record of direct and documented self-contradiction, already having walked back some of his promises, a completely contrary tone and choice of words now that he's elected contrasted with his campaign rhetoric, a litany of disturbing statements during his campaign that give me and many others enormous pause, and the same promises we've heard a thousand times before about bringing back jobs and restoring the government's transparency and accountability to the will of the people. Again, I don't hate the man or his supporters and bear him and them no ill will ... on the contrary, I pray for him, and this country. As I believe I should all our leaders.

But... Administration after administration, congress after congress, Congress Literally Doesn't Care What You Think

So unless he is willing to truly get big money out of politics, and makes a real effort to do so, I see nothing changing in the long term.

In short... I will give him the same benefit of the doubt I've given every president in every party... for a very brief window of time. After which, it's our job to hold him accountable. Just like every president in history. It's not my role to defend or apologize for what our leaders do.

I will give him a chance, despite my concerns. We shall see.

Peace.
edit on 1/21/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Are you saying that you don't believe that tRump is in violation of the Emolument Clause of the Constitution?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, I am saying that. I do not believe he is in any violation of any law or rule, save perhaps the unwritten rule that says politicians are to ignore the people who elected them.

I reserve my right to change that assessment if evidence to the contrary is submitted.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Did Hillary get sworn in yet?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Last I heard, she went back to hiding in the woods.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't think were supposed to acknowledge things. Some people here post purely to propagandize: they have no relationship to the concept of truth, and therefore coherency - which literally means "to correlate" i.e. an observed property in the world should help shape the formation of a belief.

Empiricism - science - facts - reality - is being trivialized by insane people who apparently have been the perennial powers that be of the western world. Before it was aristocrats, but between Trump, contemporary capitalists and histories aristocrats, there is literally no practical difference. All of these people make up fantasies to legitimize their behavior. They hide from facts like climate change, how human beings work, etc - the only time they care about science is when its personally advantageous for them.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

That's a solid and very honest assessment of Obama.

ETA: And really a solid post all around. I hope that Trump is successful in terms of advancing the country economically, socially, and otherwise. I don't wish for him to fail in that. But I am deeply concerned with his rhetoric and his actions thus far and I suspect that he and many of his supporters have an extremely different idea of what would constitute "success" in this context. In fact, I know that many of his animated white supremacist supporters (such as Richard Spencer) most certainly do have a drastically different idea of what a successful presidency would look like. Let us hope that those with their hands on the wheel make wise choices to the benefit of us all despite differences, misunderstandings, and vitriol.
edit on 21-1-2017 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

that is an awesome pic

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yes, he does.

The only reservations that I've run across were the fact he hadn't, by law, been retired long enough to take the post. But a waiver is allowed, and was achieved. So that particular problem, really wasn't one.

I have had a few issues, but most have been put to rest.

Now, he needs to do the job. Folks'll be watching, of that we may be sure. I'll be one of 'em.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nope he started immediately by signing an EO on the ACA

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nope he started immediately by signing an EO on the ACA

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I often wonder on this rationalizing argument; like some sort of cosmic feng shui you know like me saying the world is an ugly aborted fetus rasping for air, versus you saying it's a beautiful diplomatic process where we should all be held aghast that someone supporting something told you to shut up and then to complete your yang you need to ask why you should be cordial... who is right who is wrong maybe they violated you emery which way and im out of bounds and you have every right to ask why you should be cordial. Maybe more info?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: windword

Trust me. I feel like hitting Trump with a slow burn impeachment proceeding that has been carefully built up over time is a good thing and the best way to combat him. Trump will hang himself SOOOO gloriously because he is so ignorant of how the system works. Unfortunately to do that, you have to grit your teeth and bare with him for a short while.
Impeachment for what? Why are people throwing this nonsense into the airwaves before he's even had 24 hours in office? Really people are hysterical. At least Obama did some insane stuff before anyone threatened impeachment. And truly he's done some outrageous stuff you know like Libya without Congress and such...I think people just don't like Trump but ya know it's not grounds for impeachment. Can people get a grip on reality already ... This is tiring.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Martin75

Let's take DeVos as an example. What does she possess that makes her qualified to head the DoE? Michigan's education system is abysmal following her influence.

In my mind the best thing she brings is choice. I think everyone should have a choice.
Yes but I think way more at stake here... We have a battle with the globalist Bill Gates Common Core or should I say Communist Core and Rotton to the Core....
edit on 22-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Why should she avoid questions? Because she knows who and what the enemy is and you cannot argue with people who are nutty.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Speaking of bad cabinet picks and such, does anyone remember Obama putting Kevin
Jennings in as Safe School Czar? Please get real here. How about Communist Van Jones ex con...... How about that nut ball John Jdren whose idea of democracy is putting sterilants in
The drinking water of entire population without their knowledge or consent because of the Elites desire to depopulate the planet. Can we get some sanity here finally ?
edit on 22-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join