It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now That Trump Is President...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Can he now officially be criticized? Since November every criticism of Trump was met with "Wait until he's actually President." While every praise of him was usually followed by, "He's doing more as President before he's inaugurated than the past few Presidents did while in office."

So now that he's officially in office can we finally point out that his Cabinet picks are terrible? How about his advertised replacement for the ACA? Can we point out that it primarily benefits the rich?

Or do we have to wait until Monday when he actually starts doing his job?

You're absolutely right. Now the work starts and the results of it will become manifest. One can make informed criticisms instead of talking about their feelings.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Nationwide Tea Party protests, promoted by Fox News and other right-wing mainstream media and encouraged by GOP politicians, commenced on February 27, 2009 with events in somewhere between 40 and 50 cities depending on whose counting.

I'm not saying the left should have it's own Tea Party, I'm just pointing out a little historical context.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Can he now officially be criticized? Since November every criticism of Trump was met with "Wait until he's actually President." While every praise of him was usually followed by, "He's doing more as President before he's inaugurated than the past few Presidents did while in office."

So now that he's officially in office can we finally point out that his Cabinet picks are terrible? How about his advertised replacement for the ACA? Can we point out that it primarily benefits the rich?

Or do we have to wait until Monday when he actually starts doing his job?

Well, any intelligent person would tell you to wait until there are actually actions and results of said actions to nitpick before making claims about people in a job that they haven't even caught their stride in doing, yet.

This is the problem--everyone is so quick to bitch and moan about things that haven't even happened. It's a reflection of modern news agencies, where caring about being first is more important than having facts to back up the opinion/report.

Don't be a part of that problem.
edit on 20-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No don't criticize him.

Just ignore him.

Pretend he doesn't exist.

Don't support him.

Don't argue with any of his supporters.

Just sit for two years and bide your time.

Then we he screws up real bad you say, "I TOLD YOU SO!".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Prove what?

Whatever your brain comes up with. Feel free to prove Trump is a plant from Uranus and the real billionaire is sitting on the back side of Mars talking sports with Elvis Presley.

Right now, I don't care. Your new President is a human jack-o-lantern with a bad wig. And that jack-o-lantern is going to make your hero Obama look like a first-grader caught cheating on a test.

YEEEEEEEEEEEE-HA!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Whatever your brain comes up with

It's not about what my brain can come up with. I didn't write the "Emolument Clause". I didn't write the Logan Act.
edit on 20-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You made the accusations. Prove them!

Or is it more fun crying?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Wow... good job.

Where's the link showing the indictment?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Can he now officially be criticized?

It certainly wasn't stopping you before.
Not sure why you feel like making this thread to ask us if you can do something you already have been doing there Triggey McTriggerstine.
Weren't you the OP of the thread criticizing him for waiting till Monday to start making America great again?

I hope you are prepared to wear this
of ignorance you all are so masterfully pinning on yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Wow... good job.

Where's the link showing the indictment?

TheRedneck

You'll find that in the Articles of Impeachment.

I predict that Trump will be relentlessly impeached, with a continuous flow of accusations that will distract, hinder and undermine Trump's trust, confidence and authority, but not necessarily remove him from office.

Trump made a lot of enemies on the campaign trail.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm not saying the left should have it's own Tea Party,

I say do it up!
We can call them the trig party!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

At least let the first shipment of febreze get delivered to remove the stench in the White House.

Wow. You went there. WTH?
Your guy won. He has no one to keep him in check.
Just show some grace already.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Tonight will be the first time in a long time that a first lady has experienced the celebratory bang in the Whitehouse.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Well his acceptance speech was his first act as President....and he knocked it out of the park. That one will go down as one of the greatest speeches ever.

Yeah if you're in grade school and have never heard a speech before and hadn't heard his campaign promises over and over that he changed his mind on

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

whats not to like about america first?

link   

Investigate And Indict Donald Trump For Felony Violation of the Logan Act

"PoliticusUSA brings you news, political commentary & analysis from a liberal point of view. We're independent and fact-based but never lacking for grounded, hard-hitting opinions. At Politicususa, liberal means open-minded; we don't subscribe to any agenda but the truth."

Distribution: Website
Bias: left biaspolitical

Politics USA publishes information from a left biased position with an advocacy for liberal causes. The editorial content and headlines are often loaded with strong words to appeal to emotions and stereotypes. They may publish misleading reports, cite unverified sources, reference bogus reports and omit information that may damage their cause. The information provided should be regarded as speculative opinion and/or propaganda. It is among the most untrustworthy sources in the media.

Fake News Checker

link   

I predict your bias is clouding you.
I'LL EVEN PLACE a large BET!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I predict that Trump will be relentlessly impeached, with a continuous flow of accusations that will distract, hinder and undermine Trump's trust, confidence and authority, but not necessarily remove him from office.

So, in other words, you predict the liberals are going to bitch, whine, cry, and attempt to obstruct with their little minority in the House and Senate? My God, Amazing Kreskin... is that you?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Just fyi. Impeachment qualifications are vague at best. We are going to need Republican support to move forward with any impeachment proceedings. Currently the Republicans aren't even concerned with vetting Trump's terrible cabinet choices, so the odds of them finding any reason to impeach Trump under the emolument clause is going to be a tough sell. The best you should probably be hoping for is that keen eyed Democrats and Constitutional lawyers start building a case against him (it should be a rather large folder). Then in 2018 if the Democrats can retake Congress, at THAT point is when it would be best to pursue impeachment.

If the Democrats push too hard on this issue out of the gate, they'll just harden the public against them and people will end up taking them as seriously as Republicans yelling about the ACA repeals during the Obama years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join