It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Trying to Start a Holy War?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The Lord sent the Donald to save us all , it's only right he be repaid.

I know a religious nut job who actually thinks this. she follows it up with and he'll do something about the gays.

just sad.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: jellyrev

It's so facking lame.
I feel bad for this planet, including myself.

We should all be friends and be building giant spaceships and exploring our universe.
Not building more walls and churches and other cultural devices that divide us.

We think alike.

I'm all about Equal Rights/Equal Treatment - - and science to improve this planet and move beyond it.

It boggles my mind how many millions of dollars have been spent to stop Equal Rights. Mostly from religious belief.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Last I checked Trump was a Christian. I thought his speech was awesome though. Too long has the word "God" been missing from the American vocabulary.
When I'm frowned upon for saying Merry Christmas whilst every other Religion/acronym of the month garners the freedom to say, do and dress with impunity while at the same time abmonishing anything Christian, talk about the 8 year double standard...

127:30

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Posts about conspiracies on ATS? Things really have changed!

I myself find it strange that all of the people who called Putin "Hitler" when he invaded Crimea and claimed he shot down that plane suddenly think it is fine to unite with him. Particularly as all of the New World Order plans throughout the years mentioned uniting the US and the Soviet Union.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

For an agnostic/atheist like Trump...

Why do you think that? Everything I've read has said Trump was raised Christian and is still Christian, albeit not a conventional or orthodox Christian.

I'm sure I'm not the only non-Christian who felt a bit less safe when listening to that.

What exactly was said that worries you?

I'm not challenging you... just trying to understand where you're coming from and why we see this so different.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Perhaps that was the intent... not so much for all non-Christians but perhaps to let those middle eastern ISIS folks know that the new president has no ties to the Muslim religion or lifestyle. A solid indicator of change in the white house and definitely not subtle at all.
Should we be worried, I don't think so unless your non-Christian religion is Muslim related.

I, personally, do not have a problem with his speech, I figured he was just reinforcing the values so that we know what we are getting. I do think he is pushing the transparency to the max here and perhaps that is what is really bothering some folks.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
Perhaps that was the intent... not so much for all non-Christians but perhaps to let those middle eastern ISIS folks know that the new president has no ties to the Muslim religion or lifestyle. A solid indicator of change in the white house and definitely not subtle at all.
Should we be worried, I don't think so unless your non-Christian religion is Muslim related.

I, personally, do not have a problem with his speech, I figured he was just reinforcing the values so that we know what we are getting. I do think he is pushing the transparency to the max here and perhaps that is what is really bothering some folks.

We will re-enforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the earth.-Trump

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldsteinWell Obama is a Muslim in hiding, what was he supposed to say?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I do get it, and as your quote points out, he isn't trying to start a holy war... that war has been going on for a long time. He did say he was looking to shut the current Islamic terrorists down, perhaps ending a war in progress. Sounds like a plan to me. I wonder how it will be achieved.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

"i wonder how it will be achieved"

me, too. he also said it would take less than 30 days.

the other big question - will they take their oil?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Is this standard procedure for these kind of events? Am I just out of touch??

The latter... out of touch

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: kibric

I don't remember all of this rhetoric when Obama was inaugurated.
Not even Bush was this over the top.

Seriously. whats going on?

Obama was nothing but rhetoric. All the I I I s , uh uh uh s, and me me me s . 75 of these in his parting speech . In his own words : "just words , just speeches"
Promised something good , and did the opposite. Sums up the 8 years . One hecuva megalomaniac .

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

For an agnostic/atheist like Trump...

Why do you think that? Everything I've read has said Trump was raised Christian and is still Christian, albeit not a conventional or orthodox Christian.

I'm sure I'm not the only non-Christian who felt a bit less safe when listening to that.

What exactly was said that worries you?

I'm not challenging you... just trying to understand where you're coming from and why we see this so different.

He's culturally Christian but certainly doesn't demonstrate any of the values of a religious Christian. "Corinthians two"... I mean, the guy knows less about his bible than I do.

As far as what worries me? It's when a man like that claims to be the president of all Americans but then panders only to the Christians (and conservatives), it's a bit troubling. He's increasing the Christian right angst machine and can (and has a little already) easily direct that towards religious, sexual, and ethnic minorities. So yeah, it's worrisome.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

He's culturally Christian but certainly doesn't demonstrate any of the values of a religious Christian. "Corinthians two"... I mean, the guy knows less about his bible than I do.

Okay. I see what you're saying. My own confirmation bias got in the way I guess because I actually look at that as a plus. I am not a conventional Christian and I'm pretty weary of the version of Christianity that's been shoved down our throats for too damn long now. But at one time I had the impression that Trump subscribed to the "prosperity gospel" -- as in "God must love me more because I have more money" -- so I checked into it and was happy to find that wasn't the case. He's more the Vincent Peale positivity type Christian.

As far as what worries me? It's when a man like that claims to be the president of all Americans but then panders only to the Christians (and conservatives), it's a bit troubling. He's increasing the Christian right angst machine and can (and has a little already) easily direct that towards religious, sexual, and ethnic minorities. So yeah, it's worrisome.

I got a very different impression from his inauguration speech. I didn't feel he was pandering at all. I felt like he had suddenly realized the full magnitude of the moment -- and his future responsibilities -- and was giving the glory to God so to speak.... probably the only entity Trump feels is superior to himself! He wasn't doing it to pander. In fact, I got the impression his biggest fans weren't at all happy with much of what he said because he didn't pander to them enough.

I'm pretty sure we're all going to be surprised by President Trump -- including himself. I have the very distinct feeling that something changed in Trump... or maybe "clicked" is a better word. I just hope it's in the best way -- not the worst. But that means many of his current supporters will be very disappointed (and rightfully so), and many of his current detractors will be very pleased (and, again, rightfully so). There's no way around it if he really intends to be a president for ALL the people.

We'll all find out together I guess.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate the tweak to my perspective!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You have every right to be concerned. He said in public he never asked god for forgiveness of sins. He said in public he can commit murder. He deceived Jesus' own followers with promises of riches and miracles. His followers are so obvious, its like they have a mark. Prophecy that I was taught since 6 about the anti christs. Now, whether this is true or not does not matter. What matters is what is real in Trump's head.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Trumpster promised to remove Islam from the face of the Earth, so, yes.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Does he get the nuclear codes today?

He has Rods from God. Ironic ain't it?

Much better.

No radiation.

Just a big f'kin hole in the ground where 5 mil people lived their lives and dreams.

Probably throw the Earth off it's axis if unleashed.

Nuke codes are so 1980.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Did any of you watch the prayer service on Sunday?

Pretty much every single faith was invited to give a prayer. I say Jewish, Sikh, and several others up there. I know an imam was invited, but I didn't catch if one was there or not.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I thought the god references and prayers from conflicting religious leaders was the funniest thing I've watched in a long time.

Almost as ridiculous as 'God save the queen', an anthem I have never sung or ever will, seeing as I don't believe in any gods and I'm against a constitutional monarchy.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You have every right to be concerned. He said in public he never asked god for forgiveness of sins. He said in public he can commit murder. He deceived Jesus' own followers with promises of riches and miracles. His followers are so obvious, its like they have a mark. Prophecy that I was taught since 6 about the anti christs. Now, whether this is true or not does not matter. What matters is what is real in Trump's head.

In his head?

Are you religious? How old are you and who told you about the antichrist?

Do you understand what you are saying?

The truth does matter and you will die from climate change not holy war.

So get your BS in order. A will would be a good start. The Great Melting is coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join