It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is wong with Trudeau and the Inauguration?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: InTheLight

Well more Canadians spending their tourism dollars at home would sure help the Mom and Pop industry here at home .The people that can afford to head south with a weakened Canadian dollar will do so .Us smaller actors will have to get more bang for our buck at home and we have lots of places within Canada to see for the first time .

I get damn sick of the cold/icy Winters here and need the warm Florida sun once in a blue moon.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

There is pretty mild weather on the west coast and I hear tanning beds are every where LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

it's called texas lol don't act like your the only ass holes w oil

"Three years ago the US was behind Russia, Canada and Saudi Arabia."

More than half of the US's remaining oil reserves are in unconventional shale oil, Rystad Energy data show. Texas alone holds more than 60bn barrels of shale oil.

www.ft.com...

STFUKTHXBAI

edit on 20-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It looks like the US is suckling more and more.

www.eia.gov...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I like Florida weather, watching palm trees swaying and dolphins jumping in and out of the water.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Actually, no, they do not. Steven Harper was not at Obama's inauguration either

Justin Trudeau isn't snubbing Trump by not attending his inauguration. He is simply following the long, long tradition of Canadian prime ministers not attending. In fact, it's highly unlikely Mr. Trudeau was even invited to attend. If he tried to go, that's what would be rude. Stephen Harper wasn't at Obama's inauguration, either. No one called that a snub at the time. Because it wasn't. The protocol in Washington is that heads of state are not invited to the inauguration. So stop trying to turn this into a scandal. Canada will indeed have enough issues dealing with Trump without Canadian reporters trying to invent and perpetuate slights against him.

www.therecord.com...

Do any leaders from other countries attend? World leaders do not usually attend inaugurations, which are considered a domestic event. Nevertheless, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte or their spokespersons have all made a point of saying they will not attend.

ottawacitizen.com...

EDIT: To confirm the above, an article regarding Australia's ambassador to the US attending the inauguration.

Mr Hockey tweeted this morning confirming he would be attending the event. “Yes I am attending all the events,” he wrote on Twitter. “The ‘Heads of Mission’ are the only foreign officially invited. It will be an historic few days!”

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade had also confirmed the ambassador’s attendance to News Corp last week.
“The US State Department has advised that as in the past, foreign delegations will not be invited to Washington for the President-elect Trump’s 2017 inauguration and that heads of state and governments will be represented by chiefs of diplomatic missions in Washington,” a DFAT spokesman said.

www.news.com.au... f6598c551b95da00731f5cb0b

So, since the State Department does not invite foreign delegations, why are you mad about Trudeau not attending?
edit on 20-1-2017 by JimSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If I remember right a muslim transgendered male-->female that's an atheist and bisexual has a vote weighting of 1000 votes per vote. A white christian male has a vote weighting of 0.001 votes per vote. Of course there's a whole range in-between 1 and 1000, starting with white female at 1 to 1.

I would absolutely love a legit source for that claim.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Well more Canadians spending their tourism dollars at home would sure help the Mom and Pop industry here at home .The people that can afford to head south with a weakened Canadian dollar will do so .Us smaller actors will have to get more bang for our buck at home and we have lots of places within Canada to see for the first time .

The recent implementation of Wynn's fraudulent carbon tax is hurting everyone in Ontario. I can't see that little gem helping anyone, including new tourists.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

If I remember right a muslim transgendered male-->female that's an atheist and bisexual has a vote weighting of 1000 votes per vote. A white christian male has a vote weighting of 0.001 votes per vote. Of course there's a whole range in-between 1 and 1000, starting with white female at 1 to 1.

I would absolutely love a legit source for that claim.

Not sure about all these links, you can go through them. There is a lot of information out there on the standard features of fractional voting systems as well as the ability to hack them ;-)

Google Link

The BlackBox article is interesting as well as Howard Dean Hacks GEMS System. There may be a link to a congressional hearing as well, where it was admitted that the Diebold machines were easily hackable.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimSmith

I think that's pretty self explanatory from my OP ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: AccessDenied

eats many of us sitting at home watching the inauguration on CNN ...

Be careful there!
Listen with caution. #CrookedNewsNetwork #ClintonNewsNetwork #CartoonNewsNetwork

Not to worry... Twas pure sarcasm on my part. Not that the CBC isn't without corruption or fault, it's still better than CNN.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No, I read your rant. I just don't understand it fully. I am no Justin fan either, but your whole premise was based on him not attending something he was not invited to - and neither were other world leaders, including close friends of the US. So can you admit you were incorrect and this was simply a liberal bashfest? Those can be great fun, but it's best to have them based in some fact

Will you blame the State Department for not inviting world leaders?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We know what he is ,Good riddance any way.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Treudeau is history IMHO...for him to remain in office he will have to switch his target audience to the numerical majority...the boomers....which means "capturing" them again....and....a reversal on his Marijuana stance would bring them all back into the fold and split the young vote......sooooo....because I dont see Canada following up on his promises to expedite the changes to this legeslation....methinks he is going to reverse himself and surprise people in an attempt to remain in power....IMHO it will not be enough and Canadians will spin on him and look for a Northern Trump.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Why would he reverse his stance on legalizing MJ? It will be a booming industry.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I like Florida weather, watching palm trees swaying and dolphins jumping in and out of the water.

It's also a good place to get your face gnawed off by someone hopped up on bath salts.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

We don't hang around the busy spots.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

No, I read your rant. I just don't understand it fully. I am no Justin fan either, but your whole premise was based on him not attending something he was not invited to - and neither were other world leaders, including close friends of the US. So can you admit you were incorrect and this was simply a liberal bashfest? Those can be great fun, but it's best to have them based in some fact

Will you blame the State Department for not inviting world leaders?

Well, if he wasn't invited, then he wasn't. I am a little surprised, but in a way I can understand it, him being a liberal pansy an all that, why would anyone want him around, especially Trump who is a nationalist, the two have little, if anything, in common. No, wouldn't blame the state department, what the US does, is what they do. Thanks for bringing that up, re the invites. If it were me, I'd crash the party and show up with a case of Crown Royal ;-0

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Opps, duplicate post

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/20.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Maybe Trump didn't order in enough pudding? Or maybe it was the wrong flavor?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That episode made me laugh quite a bit with the two announcers ... as is, of course, tradition.

Anyhow, Trudeau is as he does. Things will proceed as they will. I didn't notice a bunch of other world leaders there, either.

I'm not broken up about it.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join