It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey YOU! On the left!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I have a question for all those on the left, and the one guy on the right, who sounds like he's on the left.

Do you plan to ever drop the hatred and hyperbole over the election and just accept things as they are? I ask this in hopes that we will all move on, grow up, work together, and grow up. (I think grow up on both sides is key)

I consider myself fairly liberal and left wing but, knowing you guys in the states love your two horse race, it had to be Trump or Clinton, so I wanted Trump. I despise the man, he's a bully (just look into the way he acquired land for his golf resort here in Scotland). I'd have wanted anyone but Hillary to win. I hope Trump does well for the sake of my American family and friends and the world. I think more liberals should take a leaf out of my book....

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
a reply to: network dude

How sad, on the day you got what you wanted, you still keep on attacking!

Truly despicable and hardly respectful to the significance of what the day should mean for you.

Seriously, very bad form, you talk of the left being triggered, snowflake etc, yet you can't quit even when you're winning...this is what will be your undoing.

Quit while you're ahead.

How in the world is my looking for common ground "attacking"?

Read the OP. Good, now read it again.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: solargeddon

How sad, on the day you got what you wanted, you still keep on attacking!

Truly despicable and hardly respectful to the significance of what the day should mean for you.

Seriously, very bad form, you talk of the left being triggered, snowflake etc, yet you can't quit even when you're winning...this is what will be your undoing.

Quit while you're ahead.

How in the world is my looking for common ground "attacking"?

Read the OP. Good, now read it again.

Common ground? After a year of name calling and insulting anyone that even questioned the New President.

Continue your gloating. The libtards and snowflakes expect nothing less.....

edit on 20-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The mere fact that you chose to author yet another thread is attack enough and on a day you should really be pausing to take in your victory.

Sad, very sad.

I don't need to re-read the OP, it was bad enough the first time.

Just relax, take a load off enjoy your moment...its not going to last forever.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Please remember you are not in the Mud Pit and keep it civil without name calling or political trolling. Thanks.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

See I don't understand how any of these fanatics cannot just ACCEPT THIS!

I am about as hard left as you can get. Not trying to toot my own horn, but trying to make a point. People on both sides cry about the loudmouths on the other side, which are always a loud and vocal minority. All the while when a few loudmouths on their OWN side yell, they say, "well not all of us are like this."

THIS is why we cannot ever get along because we are all idiots as a species. We are so entitled and greedy that we can't have our cake without getting angry that someone else has a piece of cake that wasn't ours to begin with.

So a couple of months ago, he won. I was deeply saddened for this country but posted a thread on how, while I disagree, I will wait and hope he does something good. Some good folks answered, but I have also seen other examples of this.

But no....once again we have to judge our opposition by vocal minorities.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
is 8 dupes an ATS record ?

You're like my wife. When she clicks on something, and her computer takes a minute to process it, she gets impatient and spams the button - then wonders why 6 instances of Photoshop open at the same time....

Lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

But see this right here is why some of the left is not interested in what sometimes comes off as a "faux olive branch" just because the right won. What is worrisome is that right now the right literally controls everything except a few states. but on a national level, the right has every ability to undo or do anything they want despite half or more of the voters wanting something different.

So will I accept the olive branch? Yes.... IF it isn't handed just because the other side won and IF it isn't handed as a way to say, "we love you....now watch us do a hundred things you hate and stop whining."

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Really? What about the Supreme Court judge he wanted? Or the other 150 posts that were left vacant because the senate wouldn't approve them?

Or how about any of these?

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.
Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill – Makes it so that women raped overseas while working for foreign contractors have the right to have their case heard in an American court instead of having their case mediated by the company they work for. Only Republican men voted against this, but it passed.
Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.
Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of “pre-existing conditions”. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.
Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.
The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.
Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming “too big to fail”. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.
Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.
Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.
Unemployment extension bill HR-4213- Would provide additional aid to the millions of Americans still on unemployment who are just trying to support themselves and their families. Republicans blocked this bill for 8 weeks before it finally passed. Republicans blocked this for 8 weeks before it finally passed.
Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.
No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.

And those were just some of the progressive provisions. On the conservative side, there are these, and more:

Prohibition on the use of funds for the transfer or release of individuals detained at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on the use of funds to modify or construct facilities in the United States to house detainees transferred from United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on use of funds to give Miranda warnings to Al Qaeda terrorists.

All of these are bills the Republicans blocked. So no, Obama didn't get to do anything he wanted.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tebyen

Wow, that is a great post. Now I am sad. Why do republicans like to suffer and live sub standard lives?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What shocks me most about this election is, half of you American's think he will destroy your country and the other half think he will do good.

Trump will do exactly as he is told by the elite or he will face suicide just like every ruler of the world.

Good luck though

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join