It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey YOU! On the left!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: network dude
I have a question for all those on the left, and the one guy on the right, who sounds like he's on the left.

Do you plan to ever drop the hatred and hyperbole over the election and just accept things as they are? I ask this in hopes that we will all move on, grow up, work together, and grow up. (I think grow up on both sides is key)

We have been staunchly divided over the election. All that is fine. I'll even play the "what if" game here and say that if Hillary won, at some point, we on the right would have to "get over it" and accept things for what they are. So how about it?
Are you willing to accept the way it is, and move forward? Are you willing to work together?

I'm happy to. Right up until someone on the right can't help themselves and comes out with a "snowflake" or "Leftard" comment, then I'll go right back to thinking you're all pathetic excuses for human beings.

I'm willing to try though.

That's all we can ask. I'll try to do my part.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: network dude

You do not want to work together. Not on women's issues or ACA. I thought infrastructure would be a good meeting place. But then I saw where massive cuts are planned. I don't see how jobs are just going to appear in the rural areas when people will need a good income to afford the new health care plan, whatever that is. And to afford charter schools since public education is on the chopping block now. And on foreign, I have no idea what the plan is there, so no idea what common ground is there.

can you explain the way the new health care system will work for me please?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Maybe most of you have heard of this, but I'd like to share it, if you have a moment to read it.

I think a great thing my papa taught me was the Serenity Prayer that he learned when he was in AA when he was younger.

Neither of us subscribed to any religion, but the overall message I think is important, even though I'm not an addict. The mindset it can put you in has gotten me through many emotionally stressful times in my life, and I know a lot of people on both sides have been stressed by the virility of the election arguments.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Instead of God you could really use anything, self, universe, etc.

Grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change.
I cannot change the outcome of the election, I accept that fact.
Courage to change the things I can
I did use my chance to vote the way I saw fit, sometimes feeling such a responsibility can make you scared or nervous.
And Wisdom to know the difference.
That last part can be tricky, but....we could all look out for one another while we figure it out, in a civil way I'd like to think.

I love that prayer it can be applied to so many different aspects of life.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

What plan did you vote for, ACA or repeal. Those are the only two choices.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

a very nice message. I fully agree.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What plan did you vote for, ACA or repeal. Those are the only two choices.

I didn't see the new health care on the ballot. But I want to know what the new plan is all about. You already disapprove of it, so I just want to be informed before I make any comment out of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What difference does it make to the right the expression of "hatred and hyperbole" ? The left has NO power. So why is the right so obsessed with what the left is doing. Just STFU and govern the country with your right wing policies.
edit on 20-1-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I will not accept taking away women's right to do what they want to their own bodies.

I will not accept demeaning and discriminatory practices like "stop and frisk".

I will not accept going back to letting states discriminate against the LGBTQ community.

I will not accept taxes going up for the poor and middle class, but going down for the very rich.

I will not accept a waste of my tax dollars to build a wall that will NOT solve the problem.

I will not accept banning refugees sanctuary just because they are the wrong religion.

I will not accept legislation that helps the very rich and their business, while fleecing everyone else.

Other than that, I'm pretty open to working with the new administration.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
America is moving forward and becoming great again with or without them,they are welcome to come along or if they choose they can spend the next 8 years pouting and having temper tantrums.

link   

edit on 20-1-2017 by kaylaluv because: oops

link   

Well, If I was a real asshole, I would bring up the "blame the last guy" rhetoric that has been thrown around for the last 8, but I don't feel like being that today, I think we all need to put this behind us and move on.

So why did you still mention it? I'm sure we will have plenty of people blaming Obama for Trump's failures. The partisan Right is not any better than the partisan Left.

Trump is president as of noon today. In 4 years that can change. For now though, we who reside inside the US need to stop the tears and arrogance. Stop fighting and start working.

That's easy to say now that the Right controls the WH and congress. Too bad the Right didn't have that attitude when Obama was in office. That's the hypocrisy coming out.

If trump does bad things, everyone will call him out, everyone. And if he does good things, half of us will recognize it. I just think if more people were able to move forward instead of fighting like hell to remain in the past, we could make some positive growth.

More hypocrisy? Spare me the kumbaya bull#. You had your chance to work together with the Left and fought tooth and nail to not do so. Now that you have the seats of power you want to act high and mighty.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

When it is repealed the pre existing conditions will be repealed and the mandatory enrollment which will bring it all down. I like the ACA just like it is, but would prefer universal.

Isn't this your thread? I thought it was about working together and moving forward. The ACA was an example of where we can't work together and move on.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Well for starters you are trying to work on the right things, but at the WRONG TIME.

You cant fix any of those things until you restructure lobbying and monetary influences in congress.

The following things are ALL things that BOTH party can agree on and SHOULD work together on.

1. Congregational term limits - This was one of trumps issue.

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector - Trump made an effort even before taking office by putting a 5 year clause in his cabinet to prevent this.

6. Transparency - His mouth will ensure he is the most transparent POTUS ever

So instead of the left trying to grill Trump for not starting till Monday or his tweeting , hold him to the fire on the important issues. While the Right does the same.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What difference does it make to the right the expression of "hatred and hyperbole" ? The left has NO power. So why is the right so obsessed with what the left is doing. Just STFU and govern the country with your right wing policies.

consider it an olive branch. I just want to know if those on the left have any desire to work together?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Maybe most of you have heard of this, but I'd like to share it, if you have a moment to read it.

I think a great thing my papa taught me was the Serenity Prayer that he learned when he was in AA when he was younger.

Neither of us subscribed to any religion, but the overall message I think is important, even though I'm not an addict. The mindset it can put you in has gotten me through many emotionally stressful times in my life, and I know a lot of people on both sides have been stressed by the virility of the election arguments.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Instead of God you could really use anything, self, universe, etc.

Grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change.
I cannot change the outcome of the election, I accept that fact.
Courage to change the things I can
I did use my chance to vote the way I saw fit, sometimes feeling such a responsibility can make you scared or nervous.
And Wisdom to know the difference.
That last part can be tricky, but....we could all look out for one another while we figure it out, in a civil way I'd like to think.

I love that prayer it can be applied to so many different aspects of life.

-Alee

There is no God who listen's to our prayers. There's just government corruption and pirates stealing from the American people. There are just too many successful evil people to suggest God participates in the affairs of men. So either God doesn't participate or God is just a fairy tale and doesn't exist. Any "evidence" for the existence of God seems purely subjective as far as I can tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You do not want to work together. Not on women's issues or ACA. I thought infrastructure would be a good meeting place. But then I saw where massive cuts are planned. I don't see how jobs are just going to appear in the rural areas when people will need a good income to afford the new health care plan, whatever that is. And to afford charter schools since public education is on the chopping block now. And on foreign, I have no idea what the plan is there, so no idea what common ground is there.

What women's issues are you referring to? The PPACA should be modified to relieve the burden of higher cost patients from those that are required to have it. It was poorly designed [a variation of Romneycare] and the unintended consequences are now known. All the plans that require funding have to go through Congress; the Trump team may well want to do in programs just as people in Hell want ice water.
Don't panic, yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If people don't want to get behind Trump and support him, I really don't have an issue with that.

I'd be the same if it was Hillary.

Blame Mandela, blame solar flares, blame mass insanity. . . but Trump is president and I am glad. Especially glad it wasn't Hillary.

So to those who oppose everything Trump?

Go for it.

I don't care what your opinion is. We may end up agreeing from time to time because I will probably find things that I don't like about the Trump administration.

Don't really care either way.

Your opinion is not going to affect my life.

Unless you all get real pissy and start killing people. But I hope that's only a small percentage of you authoritarian-fascist-leftist nut-jobs.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

When it is repealed the pre existing conditions will be repealed and the mandatory enrollment which will bring it all down. I like the ACA just like it is, but would prefer universal.

Isn't this your thread? I thought it was about working together and moving forward. The ACA was an example of where we can't work together and move on.

I'm waiting to hear what the new plan will entail. I already know I couldn't afford the last one, so I'm hoping this new one will fit in my budget and also not punish me if I can't. But as I said, I don't know what it's all about yet, so speaking about it seems a bit premature.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Honestly, in my little corner of the world, I'm seeing a lot of smug, sore winner conservatives carrying on.

No doubt there are many butthurt liberals, but to me, there seems to be an equal amount of the above mentioned conservatives as well.

edit on 20/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: introvert

Why are you concerned about the Left and how they are going to conduct themselves? You have bigger things to worry about.

The Right now controls congress and the WH. You can no longer blame everything on Obama, Hillary or the media. You got what you wanted and now it's time for the Right to grow up and act like adults.

We will see if they can rise to the occasion or if they are going to continue being childish, conspiracy-minded hypocrites.

Good luck.

Well, If I was a real asshole, I would bring up the "blame the last guy" rhetoric that has been thrown around for the last 8, but I don't feel like being that today, I think we all need to put this behind us and move on. Trump is president as of noon today. In 4 years that can change. For now though, we who reside inside the US need to stop the tears and arrogance. Stop fighting and start working.

If trump does bad things, everyone will call him out, everyone. And if he does good things, half of us will recognize it. I just think if more people were able to move forward instead of fighting like hell to remain in the past, we could make some positive growth.

Why is it so important to fuel the hatred? Is there a prize?

This right here:
Stop the piety party crap and get on with life and the work to be done.

As they say if the shoe were on the other foot.....
We can all act like a spoiled little 6 year old or we can act like adults and get things done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join