It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Bristol Police Taser Race Relations Adviser In The Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Judah Adunbi, 63, was a founding member of the city's Independent Advisory Group, which works to improve ties between the police and ethnic minority communities.

He was tasered after apparently being mistaken for a wanted suspect by two police officers.

www.bristolpost.co.uk...

Judah claims he went through a similar ordeal involving police in 2007 in another case of mistaken identity.

And believes the incident on Saturday morning around 9am was a racist attack.

He said: "The first time round it could have been an accident - but a second time, that's a racist attack. I'm happy to say that. I know it was the case."

The 63-year-old was returning home from a routine walk with his pet pooch Hazel when he claims the police pounced without provocation.

He said: "I was just finishing my walk and coming home. Police were driving up the road and caught a glimpse of me. When they saw me I had my hood up so it's impossible for them to think I am who they were after.

"One of the officers came right in my face. They insisted on trying to antagonise me. I started to see red and thought it was happening all over again. I felt frightened and terrified because of what happened previously."

This is incredible. I'm literally in shock. I thought Bristol Police had chilled out to some extent. What's happened? Is it a serious lack of education? Maybe they all need degrees in common sense.

Speaking of sense anyone who's obviously inhaled fifty football pitches worth is hardly going to pose a threat.

Dread Lives Matter.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I highly doubt it went down like that. Where is the other half.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Glad to see TPTB are using race to divide the people all over the world.

In the US his dog could be dead, and he could have been shot.

He wasn't following the police's orders. BUT the orders were not necessary. The police in this instance seem to be in the wrong. Sue them and make them change their disgusting policy.

Edit: unless there is something that happened before the recording started.
edit on 20-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Can you find it?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

If there is another side it will come out.

The police in this instance seem to be in the wrong. But we only have the last part, and that is the bad part. Hope there is body cams.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I highly doubt it went down like that. Where is the other half.

I live in Bristol and it actually went down, the way we see it on video. He was out walking his dog, the Police approached him and asked him his name as they were looking for a suspect in connection with a crime.

He refused to give his name, which is his right and the nervous officer after roughing him up a bit decides to Taser him in the face.

If anything the officer broke the law as she did not warn him she would use it. She fired, then shouted the warning. It's an embarrassment for Avon and Somerset constabulary.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
If the video is correct:

I have to tell you, the police have to watch how they treat people.

The public being supportive and "nice" is a special relationship, and these clowns in the video used a bunch of the very limited respect up.

Bad thing can and are happening to stop the heavy handed policing.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In the face? Really?

Punishment: Marley gets to tase the face right back. Everyone goes home happy, and the officer buys the puppy some treats for electrocuting its master...

For life.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

When did she "decide" to Taser him in the face? Or are you just using hyperbole and disregarding the fact that the probes tend to land where they land and there's only so much control to be exerted over that? Poor probe placement doesn't equate to a decision to Taser somebody in a sensitive area.

Is it actual law that UK law enforcement are required to warn, or is it simply a best practice? Sort of a big difference between "should, if possible, do this" and "required by law to do it all the time, every time, no exceptions."

Hyperbole aside, this is surprising to see. The fact that this guy is a race relations advocate isn't really germane, as anybody can break the law at any time and being a race relations adviser doesn't preclude one from potentially breaking the law. Just surprising to see the apparent inability to de-escalate things on the part of the LEOs, since that's usually a point of pride for UK cops.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

When did she "decide" to Taser him in the face? Or are you just using hyperbole and disregarding the fact that the probes tend to land where they land and there's only so much control to be exerted over that? Poor probe placement doesn't equate to a decision to Taser somebody in a sensitive area.

Is it actual law that UK law enforcement are required to warn, or is it simply a best practice? Sort of a big difference between "should, if possible, do this" and "required by law to do it all the time, every time, no exceptions."

Hyperbole aside, this is surprising to see. The fact that this guy is a race relations advocate isn't really germane, as anybody can break the law at any time and being a race relations adviser doesn't preclude one from potentially breaking the law. Just surprising to see the apparent inability to de-escalate things on the part of the LEOs, since that's usually a point of pride for UK cops.

Hyperbole?

Fact 1 she tasered the guy in the face, pure and simple.

Fact 2 Police have to warn people they will use the taser before firing it, not whilst in the process of firing it.

Call it hyperbole if you like, but the taser should never had been drawn in this situation. They should have just arrested him, if they thought he was the suspect, but it just demonstrates that NOW the U.K Police are granted the use of Tasers, it's easier to taser someone then answer questions after the event.

One thing for sure though, if this had not been caught on camera by his neighbour, the story coming from the Police would no doubt have been very different.

Hyperbole?
edit on 20/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join