It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously? Schools reportedly to black out Trump's inaugural address

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: seasonal

Leftists just keep looking more and more stupid and bitter. The country is laughing at you.
Keep it up

"The country"? We leftists are part of the country too, you know - at least half of it.

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

I bet if the oligarchs and scum that control far too many things were not in charge of public perception and things were even...that the left would be closer to 15-20% at best.....noone who thinks freely could ever truly lean left.....i have to say this as well..you lefties are gonna be fixed whether you like it or not!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So what are these comments that are so bad? Almost sounds like you don't really have a source.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

So what are these comments that are so bad? Almost sounds like you don't really have a source.

Link was provided.

originally posted by: Annee

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: kaylaluv

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

WOW

Now the inauguration ceremony is a "controversial" event?
Holy crap what other parts of our national record would you have censored?

I believe it is only Trump's speech he is refusing to show.

Why? Because Trump is unpredictable. And Trump has made very controversial and inflammatory comments.

So you want America destroyed...changed all around but are afraid of the one who may actually do it...gotcha.

I swear these kinds of thoughts...the levels of subconscious programming going on here rivals the most extreme religious mindcontrol ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The link does not mention the actual inflammatory comments you seem sure occurred.

Do you have any of these comments or are you standing by a story that didn't mention them either.

As it stands your source provides no comments and so far neither have you.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The link does not mention the actual inflammatory comments you seem sure occurred.

I never said they were inflammatory. I have no idea why you think they are significant to this discussion.

The link to comments is at top of linked page.

Are you just trying to be argumentative?

edit on 20-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Bingo, that's a no.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

WOW

Now the inauguration ceremony is a "controversial" event?
Holy crap what other parts of our national record would you have censored?

I believe it is only Trump's speech he is refusing to show.

Why? Because Trump is unpredictable. And Trump has made very controversial and inflammatory comments.

So you want America destroyed...changed all around but are afraid of the one who may actually do it...gotcha.

I swear these kinds of thoughts...the levels of subconscious programming going on here rivals the most extreme religious mindcontrol ever.

You sure put a lot of your words and thoughts into what I actually said.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Oh I must have incorrectly read when you wrote " And Trump has made very controversial and inflammatory comments".

What did you mean?

I believe it is only Trump's speech he is refusing to show. Why? Because Trump is unpredictable. And Trump has made very controversial and inflammatory comments.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The email, subsequently posted to Gruber’s Facebook account, stated that since the Trump team had not provided Meteyer with a preview of the speech, he worried about what Trump might say: “I am anxious about showing Mr. Trump’s inaugural address, given his past inflammatory and degrading comments about minorities, women, and the disabled.

edit on 20-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What I posted to kaylaluv was in referance to what that member posted not to what the idiot teacher said.

Your shown predisposition to "white christian males" of the "good ole boy" variety lays your posts bare. Peddle your agenda elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

What I posted to kaylaluv was in referance to what that member posted not to what the idiot teacher said.

Your shown predisposition to "white christian males" of the "good ole boy" variety lays your posts bare. Peddle your agenda elsewhere.

Excuse me.

I thought FACTS of what the teacher actually said was most important.

He was not banning the inaugural.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Oh, so the baseless story with no source is your source. Go it. You don't have to respond.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

From the op:

However, Carol Birdsong, a school district spokesman, said late Thursday, "there has not been any type of districtwide directive regarding watching the inauguration, either live or replayed, and to our knowledge, no principal has banned teachers from watching the event with students as might be appropriate."

Per the "district spokesman" no less.
Which is MUCH different than what the principal of the hs in question was spewing:

“She told me that Independence High School is going to focus on learning and moving forward and staying on curriculum and they would not be stopping class for the inauguration,” Mrs. Roberts said. “She told me that news happens every day in this country and they won’t be stopping class to watch the news.”

Like I posted previously we are lucky that school decisions are made at a local level and not a federal one. The board in question will have to answer for the principals actions and decisions. I am pretty sure school boards are still voted in, and as such can be voted out. The hs student in question watched the Big O's speech at school but not trumps.......gee that is not discriminatory at all is it?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Trouble? That is opinion. So, by your standard, half of the class would want to see it so it is ok to not allow it. This is a national tradition that should be shown in every school.

It shows anyone an be president if they work for it. It shows how an 'immigrant' can become the first lady. The FIRST in centuries.

I am looking forward to the end of bs like this.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I am looking forward to the end of bs like this.

You and me both!
In days past this would have been a small part of a civics class. Watch the speech, write a summary, no big deal. The lengths people will go to to push an agenda never ceases to surprise me. This was history in the making. Trump is the first presidential candidate to beat a woman to become president. That may never happen again.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

According to some here, his inflammatory talk is too much for the kids listening to rap music and watching southpark.
edit on 20-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Gosh, you guys are a bunch of snowflakes. All butthurt over nothing. The teachers have probably already discussed and taught how a president gets elected. Those kids are on their way home from school right now, to go watch the inaugural address on the internet. They didn't miss out on anything.

Your conservative tears taste pretty good right now, though, I have to admit.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

no tears here
hillary is not taking the oath of office

nice to see you not address any of the actual facts in the article
typical of your last few months posts
as is your parting shot

keep preaching the tolerance though .......

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Gosh, you guys are a bunch of snowflakes. All butthurt over nothing. The teachers have probably already discussed and taught how a president gets elected. Those kids are on their way home from school right now, to go watch the inaugural address on the internet. They didn't miss out on anything.

Your conservative tears taste pretty good right now, though, I have to admit.

I find it quite interesting where "they" tried to take this.

My original post was a simple statement - - that the teacher in question was not banning watching the inaugural - - - only Trump's speech - - and why.

Got asked for source, so I provided.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join