It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously? Schools reportedly to black out Trump's inaugural address

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

WOW

Now the inauguration ceremony is a "controversial" event?
Holy crap what other parts of our national record would you have censored?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The way the Democrats (in general) have spoken to others this election cycle is the exact reason why they lost on every front of the political spectrum.

The fact they cannot see this and just get worse and worse?
It is an amazingly fascinating psychological phenomena, and I'd say it's akin to hysteria.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'd like it clear I don't like the politics of any group because they are, in my view, simple minded.
But some are worse than others at certain junctures you know?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We are lucky schools are still a local issue. Censoring the inauguration will be cause for board members to be unelected in the next cycle. "Why are you against our government _____(insert board members name here)."

This SHOULD be presented as a matter of CIVICS and should be free of political agenda.....too bad our teachers can't handle that properly anymore.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Aw, c'mon guys, Really! Is it a case of partisan bias or "actual" concern "for the children"!

Don't you think the establishment education systems needs for all the narratives to be in place so they can teach the "correct(ed)" view of history.

Heaven forbid some "live broadcast" shows crisis actors being put into place, cameras being setup, that sort of thing. Or some faux pax like the BBC premptive WTC-7 collapse back on 9-11?

Perhaps these rampant stories of some "event" being triggered by the inauguration is just "too real" for these educators, and they just want to shield the Children's from potentially horrifying and life-changing events occurring live on TV. Much better to wait for the official narrative, rather than promote any free thinking on potential events.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

We are lucky schools are still a local issue. Censoring the inauguration will be cause for board members to be unelected in the next cycle. "Why are you against our government _____(insert board members name here)."

This SHOULD be presented as a matter of CIVICS and should be free of political agenda.....too bad our teachers can't handle that properly anymore.

Do they even teach Civics or POD anymore?

I highly doubt it when I hear so many people screaming we are a Democracy and if you ask them "What is a Constitutional Republic?" they have no idea what you are talking about!

This didn't happen by accident, if you know what I mean......

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This didn't happen by accident, if you know what I mean......

You are correct!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So.
In Utah students needed a permission slip to watch Obama speeches. Seriously.
Linky, linky...

Where was you thread about that?
Or, are you like the rest of the delicate Trumpanzee snowflakes; it only hurts your feelings when somebody talks bad about your führer?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NotTooHappy

That was for an address/speech, not an inauguration and not censorship.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Of course not.
It's only censorship when Der Führer, or another republican hack, is being blocked. Am I right?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

A classic example of why the left is dangerous. You guys are always rationalizing your extremism.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: kaylaluv

WOW

Now the inauguration ceremony is a "controversial" event?
Holy crap what other parts of our national record would you have censored?

I believe it is only Trump's speech he is refusing to show.

Why? Because Trump is unpredictable. And Trump has made very controversial and inflammatory comments.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy

Of course not.
It's only censorship when Der Führer, or another republican hack, is being blocked. Am I right?

If parents are given a choice to let their kids watch or not even for this "controversial" inauguration I'd have no problem with that.

I suppose that too is a matter of perspective.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: NotTooHappy

Of course not.

If parents are given a choice to let their kids watch or not even for this "controversial" inauguration I'd have no problem with that.

I suppose that too is a matter of perspective.

It's not the old days, where you only get one shot of watching it on the news.

In my grade school days, I lived across the street. When there was something important on TV, my class would walk across the street and watch it in my living room.

If parents want their kids to watch/listen to Trump's speech - - - today they can easily sit with their kid(s) at home and watch the gabillions of re-runs.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NotTooHappy

Not aware of this equally as wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What are those comments?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What are those comments?

Brett Meteyer informed parents he would let students watch the ceremony but not Trump’s speech.

www.libertyheadlines.com...

As first reported by Watchdog.org, the backlash started Tuesday when a parent shared the teacher’s email with Michigan radio talk show host Steve Gruber, who happens to have kids in the same school district. The email, subsequently posted to Gruber’s Facebook account, stated that since the Trump team had not provided Meteyer with a preview of the speech, he worried about what Trump might say: “I am anxious about showing Mr. Trump’s inaugural address, given his past inflammatory and degrading comments about minorities, women, and the disabled. I am also uneasy about Mr. Trump’s casual use of profanity, so I sought an assurance that as their teacher, I would not be exposing children to language that would not appear in G- or PG-rated movies.”

edit on 20-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Nice, what are the comments?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You people are ridiculous. The inauguration lasts all day. This isn't a national holiday. Kids should be focused on learning. His speech will be widely available on the Internet. Calm down fanatics.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Nice, what are the comments?

I do usually read comments.

But, in this case, I'd only be interested in those directly affected. Not random posters.

Trump is definitely unpredictable and has made derogatory and inflammatory comments.

Therefore I find the teachers reasoning reasonable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join