It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously? Schools reportedly to black out Trump's inaugural address

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Link to the old 'Praise Obama song' thread.....
ATS Thread

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: seasonal

Leftists just keep looking more and more stupid and bitter. The country is laughing at you.
Keep it up

"The country"? We leftists are part of the country too, you know - at least half of it.

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

If Hillary had won would you still have the same opinion?

Knowing just how angry the anti-Hillary people would be, and knowing that anger would filter down to their kids - yes.

No way to know for sure, but I'd bet the farm that had she won there'd be no censorship in this case, or elsewhere across the country. None.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You think being called a snow flake is a personal attack-------PROOF

The kids need to be punished for the noose. The build the wall was another snow flake being overly sensitive.

And you being sure of things does not make me feel warm and fuzzy. If the kids can't behave themselves then there are rules in place, USE THEM.

I think you may have a horrible view of anyone who doesn't agree with you, and they need to be shut down. I believe the opposite, if this were Hillary the faint, I would demand the inauguration be shown.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Leftists just keep looking more and more stupid and bitter. The country is laughing at you.
Keep it up

"The country"? We leftists are part of the country too, you know - at least half of it.

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

Knowing just how angry the anti-Hillary people would be, and knowing that anger would filter down to their kids - yes.

No way to know for sure, but I'd bet the farm that had she won there'd be no censorship in this case, or elsewhere across the country. None.

Yep.
They would be singing her praises... about how she loves cheese pizza... oops, I meant the children.
edit on b000000312017-01-20T08:55:46-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 08:55:46 -0600800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You leftist are not 1/2 just as the rightists are not 1/2. Your numbers are not legion-your group is a fluke just like the rightist.

Most Americans are center minded people with the exception of pro-abortion and anti-abortion and things like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There view is it is only a one way street-agree of shut up-and we will force you to shut up.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I would demand that the HRC inauguration be shown.

I'm sure they could get her to the podium, prop her up and if she didn't faint it would be a heck of a show.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You don't agree with what the schools are doing and you want the people involved fired, i.e., shut down.

You're the snowflake.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It IS decisive and the election has been inflammatory

However this election cycle has seen a lot of firsts in our countries history and I think it should be allowed for them to watch it.

The medium has always been a way for the common man to be actively a part of history as it takes place. We shouldn't shelter our kids from taking part.

Besides that, it would be a great way to create a learning/teaching opportunity for educators

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nice, HRC would have been a big mistake, and I don't think she could have handled the stress.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Fired for cause, not just because my feelings are hurt.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I know for a fact every child's eyes would be glued to the television in public schools and their ears filled with how important it is to watch the first WOMAN presidents inauguration.

Giving my buddy a ride to his mechanic this morning I turned to NPR and my lord it was hilarious. They tuned into the protesters chanting F!*K TRUMP, F!*K TRUMP! Haha played it for about 30 seconds then tried to spin it saying they were chanting, TRUMP TRUMP! Haha NO WAY that's what I heard! FCC is going to crack down on that haha.
edit on 20-1-2017 by AtheAlmightyOne because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No one has said they aren't allowed to watch it - just not in the classroom. It will be all over the internet and can be watched in its entirety.

It would be good for a parent to sit down and watch it with their kid.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Oh your feelings are definitely hurt. I can tell how upset you are.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There is nothing particularly surprising about this. Schools have long been the left's gateway indoctrination centres where independent thought is termed as toxic male behaviour, and those who show any signs of individuality are controlled with Ritalin.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Keep it up

Yayyyyy for common core!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

lol

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

inflammatory and degrading language

that teacher is either lying or completely out of touch with reality,i feel 100% safe in assuming that teacher has never heard some of the rap music kids listen too.There is nothing a president could say in an inauguration speech that would be more degrading or inflammatory than rap music.
short changing kids of an education is what liberal teachers do best.

edit on 20-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They haven't really taught children anything for the past few decades.

The education system is nothing more than one big babysitting club.

Sad..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Inviting that kind of trouble? You mean being able to have a conversation with people that you may or may not agree with? It's funny how that tolerance word gets thrown around until it's the lefts issue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join