It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously? Schools reportedly to black out Trump's inaugural address

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Students at Independence High in Tennessee will not be allowed to watch the inauguration today according to a student and her mom. Teachers are not allowed to talk about religions or politics even though this is a nation wide event, and the last 2 inaugurations were allowed.

Students at Independence High School in Williamson County, Tennessee, will not be allowed to watch President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration during class on Friday, according to one student and her mother.
Teachers are also not allowed to discuss anything about politics or religions which is understandable but this is a nationwide event in history that I think an a US citizen (whether you are happy about it or not) should be watched to honor and support the president of The United States of America (no matter who it is) And pay respect to the country we are privileged to live in. We watched the last 2 presidential inaugurations in school
www.foxnews.com...

The students mom thought it strange to not allow the inauguration to be viewed. So to the principal she went. No answers but a good old lecture from the principal on why it is important for her child to see it live? The principal also said that news happens everyday and they are not going to stop the curriculum.
More liberal dogma from super know it all people who lost a simple election.

Suzanne Roberts is Olivia’s mother. She thought it was really strange that teachers would not be allowed to show such a historic event in the classroom. So she picked up the phone and called the principal.

Instead of getting answers, she said she received a lecture from the principal.

“I asked her if there was a policy regarding inaugurations but instead of answering she asked me, ‘Why is it important for you personally that your child see the inauguration live?’”

“I was a little thrown off,” she told me.

“She told me that Independence High School is going to focus on learning and moving forward and staying on curriculum and they would not be stopping class for the inauguration,” Mrs. Roberts said. “She told me that news happens every day in this country and they won’t be stopping class to watch the news.”

But a school district spokesman Carol Birdsong said she didn't know a thing about any "black out" on the inauguration. Helpful for a school district to have a spokesman, I wonder if she will sit around wait for the next super informative statement to be dispatched.

And in Mich grade schoolers can pound sand too. The school doesn't want the inauguration to cause inflammatory and degrading language. Snow flakes want everyone to be in their image, or else censorship will ensue.

However, Carol Birdsong, a school district spokesman, said late Thursday, "there has not been any type of districtwide directive regarding watching the inauguration, either live or replayed, and to our knowledge, no principal has banned teachers from watching the event with students as might be appropriate."

Meanwhile, fourth graders at a Michigan grade school will not be allowed to watch President Trump's inauguration address because their teacher fears he might use “inflammatory and degrading” language.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Leftists just keep looking more and more stupid and bitter. The country is laughing at you.
Keep it up

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I seem to remember a thread some years back where public school teachers had the children singing a hymn that had been rewritten.... they replaced the name Jesus with Obama.

Funny how things are different now.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

If i had a kid in school there i'd be pissed. I'd take it to the media and/or news, Petition with signs march around the grounds. I wonder if anyones thought of doing that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sacrilege! There can be only one!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Funny, we watched the JFK assassination.

After the fact of course and was sent home.

I watched Oswald get shot in the garage.

Watched the moon landing too.

Kids are freaks today.

I weep for my country.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would have a big problem with the schools censoring this.

Here in Mich the schools receive 10,000 to $13,500 per head. They work for the kids. The kids need to see the politics behind our filthy system.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Leftists just keep looking more and more stupid and bitter. The country is laughing at you.
Keep it up

"The country"? We leftists are part of the country too, you know - at least half of it.

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Censoring a national historic event?

ignoring what is happening and censoring it doesn't make it not happen, in fact it will likely have the opposite from the desired effect making these young people more interested in what they're missing.

Wow, just wow.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The schools, teachers and Principals are there to educate our children. They don't have free reign to use our children to make some personal partisan political statement.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So they don't respect the First Amendment? No freedom of speech?
How ironic.

edit on 20-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You are being a snow flake, do you think their little head can't handle seeing this?

What specifically has Trump said or did in this to make him so caustic to sensitive pallets like yours?

edit on 20-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Does anyone really believe they wouldn't have shown Hillary Clinton's inauguration? Seriously.
edit on 20-1-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Here here.

They need to be tossed and fired. What are they teaching our kids when we are not looking.

As some on this site may know I don't think Obama was a good leader. Can I bitch my way to get all his crap tossed casue my little feelers are hurt?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Keep it up

"The country"? We leftists are part of the country too, you know - at least half of it.

On topic, as divided and emotional and controversial as this election has been, if I were a principal, I wouldn't want to invite that trouble into my classroom. I would say, the kids can watch it at home later.

If Hillary had won would you still have the same opinion?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The lefties are doing everything they claimed Republicans did to Obama. It's absolutely hilarious!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I would have a big problem with the schools censoring this.

Here in Mich the schools receive 10,000 to $13,500 per head. They work for the kids. The kids need to see the politics behind our filthy system.

And that's average. NY gives 19,000.

Teachers just mad their jobs are no longer untouchable. They actually will have to try.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No reason for personal attacks, Donald. I am just speaking facts. Have you not watched the news about the friction between Trump supporters and non-Trump supporters? Are you not aware that this friction has filtered all the way down to kids? Have you not heard of Middle School students shouting "build the wall" in front of Latino students and hanging nooses in school bathrooms?

This is Tennessee we're talking about, so I'm pretty sure there are plenty of teachers and school administrators who are Trump supporters. This has nothing to do with supporting or not supporting Trump. It has to do with avoiding any tensions/fighting/escalation of negativity and distractions from actual learning.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Keep it up

If Hillary had won would you still have the same opinion?

Knowing just how angry the anti-Hillary people would be, and knowing that anger would filter down to their kids - yes.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It would turn into a national holiday. And the HRC worship would be non stop. And if you DARED to question it you would be a huge throw back to the cave man era.
In fact you bringing this up is sexist.
edit on 20-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join