It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may be one of the most courageous men of our time

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
If he is genuine in his desire to stand up against the establishment, put an end to their agenda, and actually help United States citizens while improving our country. Then he is one incredibly brave individual.

That's a big if though. I would have to agree that if he is sincere about getting rid of Obamacare without replacing it with something just as bad (or worse) then he is definitely going to run into some stiff opposition. I can tell you the people who love this rotten law are ruthless and determined as all hell to keep it. They do not take kindly to anyone who opposes them.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: GoShredAK

That is so many assumptions, all of which, and I mean EVERY single one of which, is baseless and utterly without any logical foundation, that one barely knows where to begin.

I could go into all the ways in which a morally defunct cretin should never be placed in charge of anything more important than the coffee filter paper, I could go into all the ways this man has screwed the innocent for purely financial gain, the decades he has spent making money from the misery of others, but its all been said before, and frankly, American members here on ATS and offsite, have been warned REPEATEDLY about how much of an honourless dog he is.

But assuming the best from a man who has PROVEN himself to be amongst the worst, to be part of the problem and not its solution, takes dedication. I usually applaud dedication, but when you dedicate yourself to something as decrepit and failure prone as that greedy, disgusting, hypocrite of a man, I have to question what merit there is in it.

Just because you reside on this website and act in a manner of 'I know it all' does not actually grade you the badge of, 'I know it all'. You and so many others point out so many errors in his ways, yet where was you when Obama was in office, where was you when George bush was in office. Did you make the same assumptions then? Both of them had no reason to trust them, as neither of them had any background to portray them as honorable and trustworthy people. Yet 2017 comes and lets aim at Trump.

The OP talks true about the noble side of his acts. Whether you agree or not, it is noble. No one wants anyone to join any side, everyone has a chip on their shoulder and everyone wants to tell everyone about it. Just like other posters here, it is about giving a person a chance yet for some reason, you and many others wish to see him burn along with the country he is trying to protect because yes, if you wish him to fail you wish the country to fail and do not trust the very system you abide by. If you disagree with the system as whole, move country, do something about it. Do something but complain endlessly about something that makes no difference while the man in Office right now. Is making a difference.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

YOUR turn..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Where was I when Bush and Obama were in their offices, respectively? Well, I joined in 2007, just toward the end of Bush's administration. I had been protesting the UK governments involvement in the War on Terror for a while before joining, and was quite vocal upon joining, about my low opinion of Bush and his policies both internal and having to do with foreign affairs as well.

When Obama was elected, he made every good impression possible, was massively inclusive, refused to engage in rabble rousing, hate speech either overt or implied, spoke of ending the stupidity of war, regaining and maintaining the US goverments ability to do right by its people WITHOUT necessarily doing great wrong by others... He made all the right noises, had all the right intentions. Give people their rights, prevent oppression of those who stand out, open up politics and indeed culture to more people, give the poor something to aspire toward, rather than more crushing futility... he had the right ideas at the time, and not a single one of them had to do with blowing people up for being foreign, or denying people their rights because they were poor or from different backgrounds than his own.

The fact is, that he did not live up to the expectations he promoted amongst his support base, and while he was surely a better pick than either McCain or Romney, against whom he ran for the second term, he also failed roundly to prevent human rights abuses by his government, who are still running Guantanamo Bay (largely because people kept blocking his shutdown attempts), kept making war, droning people, making choices that were not made for the right reasons, justifying means with ends, rather than doing it the right way round. He has made or allowed terrible decisions to be made for his people, both regarding things internal (fracking, not being strong enough on environmental topics, or effective enough either), he has roundly failed to represent the needs of the people over and above the needs of businesses...

But Trump? He has outright stated that he wants more bombing, bigger bombing, with bigger and more totally catastrophic explosions, less pussyfooting around (or as reasonable persons might call it "Making proper attempts to prevent collateral damage", which is important because collateral casualties are one of the major levers that terror recruiters use to drum up support). He has also stated that he will be pro-business... Well what the hell does that mean exactly, in a country which is so pro-business, it bails out its banks before its people, promotes business growth and investment, without making sure that its people are being paid enough to live on month to month?

Things cannot be allowed to get any worse for the working person, but if Trumps pro-business attitude means deregulation for banking, means wages will no longer be monitored or even lightly controlled, then expect to see more people living out of their cars despite working four jobs. Expect to see companies doing whatever the hell they want to their staff, for employee safety to be utterly destroyed, for the power of the individual worker to be absolutely non-existent, because the only way you get business working like he wants it, is by exploiting a workforce. Rather than business which exists for the right reasons (to provide people working in it, with a wage and some security for the future), this will be the era in which businesses are allowed to throw off their shackles and SCREW the people who work for them harder than they ever have before.

Yes, all the businesses may come back, but they are not going to do so if they have to pay a proper wage, AND pay the CORRECT amount of tax, relative to the amount of money they make from the country they are working in. They will give even less back to the taxman than they ever have before, and meanwhile, people who are at the bottom of the social ladder will be burdened with an even more difficult set of circumstances, infrastructure that is receiving even less support from those who benefit from it most.

You cannot compare Obama with Trump. Trump is overtly a bad man, with ideas that only look good if you are not capable of reading them. Obama had great ideas in public, but did a great deal wrong behind the scenes, and was also being stymied in congress, mostly in the case of policy that might actually have saved the nation. He is no saint, and as I said, had FAR too much to do with murdering innocent civilians and allowing wrong to be done in the name of the States. But the fact of the matter is, you can only ever go on what a politicians stated aims are, when going into office. Obama stated he wanted to give liberty to a greater number of people, but Trump has explicitly stated that he wants the opposite. He has explicitly stated that he wants companies to have more power, despite the fact that companies should be the least powerful force in a country, that the people should be its masters and that none must be considered higher than them, or have more power to affect change.

He has implied that the intelligence and law enforcement community ought to do MORE racial profiling, that he thinks waterboarding is soft...

The man does not even TALK a good game, unless, of course, the game is increasing corporatism, preventing the majority of citizens from paying their own way by giving companies carte blanche to do whatever they want regarding pay, conditions, and so on, destroying social programs just because it will please the wifebeater, cloak in the closet types... its a bloody shambles and you know it.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

He is brave.. agreed there.

"Yet somehow he is not brave, and deserves no respect."

That was not directed at me right?

Though, I suppose it's possible that Trump is completely clueless of how dangerous it would be to cross these people.. I don't find that very likely though. He must know.. just playing the Devil's advocate.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

That was not directed at me right

Absolutely not my friend. That was sarcasm referring to the Trump haters.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Ahh, ok.. cool! ^^,

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
He does seem to have the U.S.A interests for the most seeing as how he wants the car makers back in town again and not from other countries, which supposedly had a large impact economically. And if they were made an coming to the states, he wants to tax the crap off them. Kind of a counter against the global supply chain or globalists goals.

Him getting murderer would arouse to much suspicion and conspiracy.

Thing is, he does have that impression of stereotypical white man, in power, whose afraid of change, and does have bias views of cultures that he probably hadn't had many interactions with. However, he does have your countries interests, even though his way of presenting it is quite...bold.

He does have balls...

I like balls...Not in my hand, face or mouth...But metaphorically speaking...I like Ballz.

And to think, I disliked him at the start.
edit on 24-1-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

does have balls... I like balls...Not in my hand, face or mouth...But metaphorically speaking...I like Ballz.

Lol

Thanks for clarifying that braddah.

I think we knew what you meant, but hey

Jk lol, funny post.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
How are things now?

I recently made a statement directed towards our community as a whole which announced my decision to bow out of politics. It is admittedly a cheap and slightly delusional claim, but one I feel I can get away with because before this particular recent election, I never paid one iota of care to politics, and must be honest with myself and admit I got wrapped up in the political drama that had risen to prominence here in my beloved community of ATS, which is the only reason for me eventually developing and voicing opinions.

In Hindsight my involvement in political debate brought out a side of me I didn't know I had, and for the most part, don't like. I particularly dislike how it caused me to sometimes be uncharacteristically confrontational and only served to encourage prejudices that were previously non-existent.

So I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended.

My political leaning's should be apparent, but since I don't consider myself strictly one side or the other, please feel free to ask me any specific questions to help clarify things if needed.

I have stopped reading political threads or paying attention to the news for over a week now.

I am curious if anybody has changed their opinion of Trump, pro or con?

Has he done anything to prove anybody right or wrong? Or to support an opinion?

I am only curious because I suppose I should have at the very least a basic summary of current politics, mainly just to know when to bug out due to the war drums .
edit on 2-2-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join