It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may be one of the most courageous men of our time

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ETA: NM I think I misunderstood what I was responding to.

edit on 21-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Listen, it's fine if you want to believe that Trump will make a good president. That doesn't change that fact that he's a textbook narcissist. Something good may yet come out of his presidency, but on on personal level, he's clearly a terrible human being.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

AT least used to create gunmen anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: heyguysimashill
I don't dispute that whatsoever. I think its going to take someone who is kind of d!ck to to get this Job done.
Like, the best professional fighter may be a terrible person, if you need a fight won its probably best to put your personal feelings I aside and hire him for the fight.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
So much salt in this thread. History has been made folks, never in our lifetime will we see something like this again.

Both political parties, the mainstream media, Hollywood, and every actor and comedian in the western hemisphere was carrying water for the establishment candidate. Never before has bias and corruption within our media and political institutions been so exposed for all to see as it was in 2016.

Trump beat all the odds, played on a slanted field, weathered the propaganda and daily character assassinations promoted by the liberal media and won a resounding victory. He is truly one of the greatest men of our time.

That's what "they," what you to believe.

.... sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction. Time will tell and (hopefully) I am incorrect, but this is far too convinient imo.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

NO they want SSRIs so we can become timebombs...

No kidding, I agree brother.

I'll never take another SSRI, SNRI, SARI, ECT ever again.

Oddly enough when I went into a 5 day SSRI induced mania my mind was flooded with thoughts of what looked like war. I had a non stop stream of invasive sounds and visuals of violence with guns and grenades and crazy stuff like that.

I need to make a thread on that because it was really strange and makes me wonder if the drug was designed to create those thoughts.

"SSRI" is a class of drugs, not a single drug, and they all perform modulated versions of the same function: to prevent your brain from soaking up "excess" seratonin, or 5-HT. The availability of seratonin in the brain is strongly correlated with feelings of happiness and well-being, so preventing the brain from reducing the available supply of it so quickly is a moderately efficacious approach to mood disorders. Depression is a thing. It is painful and sometimes debilitating. SSRIs weren't researched and developed to do harm. They work some of the time in some of the people. All drugs have spectrums of risk and efficacy. Chemotherapy functions by targeting rapidly reproducing cells. This kills a lot of cancer cells, because they reproduce with a prodigious quickness, but it also kills others cells. Hair follicles, which cycle rapidly, and the linings of your guts, which is why chemo causes all sorts of GI upsets as a side effect.

The only conspiracy in any of this is capitalism. Wheels are greased so money can be made and drugs are pushed to market long before medical readiness is aptly determined. See Chantix as a smoking cessation aid.

I am truly sorry that you had a condition that suggested to a physician that you needed an SSRI and I am truly sorry that it didn't sit well with you. No one was trying to hurt you, but people without these disorders can be cavalier and woefully unaware of how serious of a prescription an SSRI can be. I hope your road has been easier since.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

THEY worked fine.I couldn't be creative at the time I felt like a VULCAN nothing. ,I missed doses because I was poor and almost ate a .45.
IF there is a 1% chance YOU might SLAUGHTER your own family by taking a drug, CALL ME silly and SHUN said drug.
WE AREN'T civilians I am BEING TREATED for PTSD,depression is a small part of it,anger is worse.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyElohim

THEY worked fine.I couldn't be creative at the time I felt like a VULCAN nothing. ,I missed doses because I was poor and almost ate a .45.
IF there is a 1% chance YOU might SLAUGHTER your own family by taking a drug, CALL ME silly and SHUN said drug.
WE AREN'T civilians I am BEING TREATED for PTSD,depression is a small part of it,anger is worse.

I understand. Look, you and I are obviously quite diametrically opposed in most regards, but I am truly sorry for your experiences with these drugs. I know quite well how badly it can go, and I think our medical community, while well-meaning, is distressingly bad with mental health issues. I'm not trying to suggest all's well with the drugs or the doctors. Only that malice isn't the reason for the problems.

If your profile is accurate you'll have no trouble getting your hands on CBD, which I suspect you already know can be very helpful. As things get more divisive in our world, let me just say this, knowing we'll surely find ourselves debating fiercely elsewhere:

Thank you for the sacrifice of your service, and I am sorry it has left you holding the bag. We should all be doing a better job taking care of the people who signed up to take the bullets for us.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

NO they want SSRIs so we can become timebombs...

No kidding, I agree brother.

I'll never take another SSRI, SNRI, SARI, ECT ever again.

Oddly enough when I went into a 5 day SSRI induced mania my mind was flooded with thoughts of what looked like war. I had a non stop stream of invasive sounds and visuals of violence with guns and grenades and crazy stuff like that.

I need to make a thread on that because it was really strange and makes me wonder if the drug was designed to create those thoughts.

"SSRI" is a class of drugs, not a single drug, and they all perform modulated versions of the same function: to prevent your brain from soaking up "excess" seratonin, or 5-HT. The availability of seratonin in the brain is strongly correlated with feelings of happiness and well-being, so preventing the brain from reducing the available supply of it so quickly is a moderately efficacious approach to mood disorders. Depression is a thing. It is painful and sometimes debilitating. SSRIs weren't researched and developed to do harm. They work some of the time in some of the people. All drugs have spectrums of risk and efficacy. Chemotherapy functions by targeting rapidly reproducing cells. This kills a lot of cancer cells, because they reproduce with a prodigious quickness, but it also kills others cells. Hair follicles, which cycle rapidly, and the linings of your guts, which is why chemo causes all sorts of GI upsets as a side effect.

The only conspiracy in any of this is capitalism. Wheels are greased so money can be made and drugs are pushed to market long before medical readiness is aptly determined. See Chantix as a smoking cessation aid.

I am truly sorry that you had a condition that suggested to a physician that you needed an SSRI and I am truly sorry that it didn't sit well with you. No one was trying to hurt you, but people without these disorders can be cavalier and woefully unaware of how serious of a prescription an SSRI can be. I hope your road has been easier since.

I know SSRIs or select serotonin reuptake inhibitors are a class, they all alter seretonin levels to some degree though.

I don't doubt there is a certain percentage of people who benefit from these drugs but I think they are rare cases of a legitimate serotonin deficiency. There are far too many young people with still developing brains and people who's serotonin production is normal being prescribed these drugs.

I don't think it is some dark conspiracy where doctors are intentionally harming people. I think primarily for the sake of profit, these drugs are being over prescribed, under researched with total disregard to peoples well being.

Thanks for the kind wishes, I have made it through that chapter and live life with no depression medication free. I look back to that time as a trial that has made me stronger. I was the perfect example of a young person who should not have been prescribed SSRIs.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I mostly agree (though I like to think SSRIs have a wider efficacy profile). Glad to hear that's behind you. I've seen people helped and hurt by SSRIs. The subject pisses me off a bit because plenty of physicians are happy to play "SSRI roulette" without much regard for the experience of a patient for whom a given SSRI is a bad fit. It can wreak havoc on your sleep, your concentration, your physical balance, your bowels. They are serious drugs, and they are all too often dolled out seemingly in the spirit of "here, maybe you'll stop complaining after you take this for awhile."

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
uh this thread is so clearly propagandistic.

How do you have 6 goldman sachs bankers as cabinet selections and yet you can still say - simply by dissociating and not acknowledging it - that he is "running against the establishment.

One wonders whether those stars are real or merely a way to kick-start others into the starring process.

That's some real cynical BS.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte
I am concerned with the cabinet picks, I am worried it'll eventually be revealed this new administration is just as corrupt as the ones before.

However I have learned to take alarmist warnings from the anti Trump crowd with a grain of salt. I am hoping he has hired these Goldman Sachs guys for their expertise which he plans on instructing them to use for making the country money, money that benefits us, not themselves or foreign interests.

I remain cautiously optimistic, I give my word I will have no qualms with admitting I was wrong if things turn out $h!t!ly.
edit on 21-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: heyguysimashill
a reply to: Vector99

Listen, it's fine if you want to believe that Trump will make a good president. That doesn't change that fact that he's a textbook narcissist. Something good may yet come out of his presidency, but on on personal level, he's clearly a terrible human being.

That is an opinion.

Unless you are psychic you simply cannot know.

You also don't know the man personally, so how can you claim he's a terrible human being?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK No,he's not.He's a cheap-@$$ con artist who assumes the role of a "hero" when he clearly is not.To compare him to JFK and RFK is an insult to their memories.All I see is a criminal jackass who is convinced that everyone else in the world is as stupid as the marks who have fallen victim to his various scams.

edit on 103131p://4826 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://3326 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

Did you watch the videos? Or are you just wrapped up in the unfounded Trump hate/fear frenzy?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Jesus is a forgiving kind of God, not like that last bozo before him, and doesn't drink Koolaid that stuff is garbage.
edit on 22-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I wonder how long these reactionary fanboy posts will last after the first two major scandals hit the presidential stage.... After that it's kinda like a snowball effect.

edit on 22-1-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
What are you talking about? Trump spent FAR less money than Hillary and her Wall Street backers. Even in the primaries, Trump was spending the least amount of money, and getting the best results. That's what the USA needs right now.

After doing a bit of research, I stand corrected re; $, nevertheless, I will stand behind the topic and question what you might consider to be 'courage', as it relates to Trump (or his merry band of the vain, greedy and corrupt)?
I understand that the Perspective must exist, but I'd like to see it for myself.
I do see signs of the overcompensating craven coward, screaming from every pore of his body, though.
(Feel free to ask me about it, sometime! *__- )

edit on 22-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Trump may be one of the most courageous men of our time

Statistically, that "maybe" becomes completely inconsequential!
It takes no courage to buy the presidency, or to be corrupt and greedy, or to do anything else that he has done.

Assuming Donald Trump is genuine, his intentions are good

This must be your first election.
You must be very young...

I agree it would not take courage for a politician to take on the path to the presidency. Basically every politician is willing to do what they're told as they are guided through their terms.

It takes guts for someone to step outside of their comfort zone, break into politics with the intention of standing up to the establishment.

By "the establishment", I assume his elite band of captains of industry?
The poor fools who imagine OurSelves to be the 'establishment' and feel rather insulted when someone that We elected turns and thumbs his nose at us ("the establishment")?
Same old crap, as far as I can see.
Perhaps that 'nose-thumbing' is really becoming blatant, and appears to flout many laws.
It will be interesting to see who has the real courage to tell the emperor that he's naked, who brings him to legal task, in the face of his pathological attacks and threats (not to mention the violence and insanity of his 'despicables'). Someone stands to give testimony, and suddenly backs out fearing for their lives...
THAT would take courage, and time will tell on that one

This has literally never been done before, with the exception of maybe JFK.

Seems a natural progression, to me, but I understand what you are trying to say.

For a single individual to have gotten as far as he has in the face of all the adversity is nothing short of remarkable.

Woah, there, pardner!
No, he's not some fool that your finger lands on when you open the phone book (remember phone books? Usta rip em in half! Still didn't get laid..., but I was 7...), he's that GOLDEN name who has amassed more (of Our) money than frikking GOD!
He's a common name in an extremely elite phone book, of maybe a dozen on the planet.
"Just" an individual KINGDOM!
Sheesh! *__-
From the midst of that mountain of gold, one has the 'courage' to attempt anything, there always being a fall-back position.
I see a spoiled tantrumpish child that can always buy what he likes.
He will not rule from maturity (seen damn little of that) or logic, but from his emotions and pathological nature.
I see him as perfect to lead US into Our future! *__-

This is the first election I have ever cared about or gave attention. I was born with Reagan, lived through Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, to give you an idea of my age.

You and the entire world!
Most, though, in disgust at the 'dangerously ignorant and aggressive attention grabbing vulgarity' of this 'golden (orange) idol' from the Church of Mammon.

OMG!!!
"born with Reagan, lived through Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama"... Doesn't that make you itch?
At least those who gained the Perspective of the great Watergate drama had some Perspective on "born with Reagan, lived through Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama", but you were flung into... this pit, unprepared, a virgin sacrifice... *__-

It doesn't take a lifetime of experience to be able to see what is happening now though.

Finally, something interesting.
But, it always takes a Now-full of experience to Know/experience Now!
Our entire lifetime of 'experience', is always the experience of Now!
This is what is! *__-

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

edit on 22-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

fair enough

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join