It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible terrorist attack Melbourne - A Man has driven into crowds multiple injured

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Just got onto this thread ...on various news feed "the Police are saying its not terror related"

www.google.com.au...=definition+of+terrorism

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

He was screaming Alu Akhba whilst blocking the intersection chucking doughnuits. What the F is up with not calling a spade a spade!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No death penalty,same as nz,and the do carry guns openly,nz cops have them in the trunk of their cars though.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

It is the perfectly correct old meaning of terrorism prior to 911. It fits exactly in describing the events in Melbourne. Where do these politicians and cops learn English.

terrorism ˈtɛrərɪzəm
noun the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims. "the fight against terrorism"

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I just dont understand why those cops in vests at 1:05 did not take active measures to stop him prior to him hitting the pedestrians. ( I could be wrong and they are unarmed traffic cops?)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I would ask, what were they supposed to do?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

He was screaming Alu Akhba whilst blocking the intersection chucking doughnuits. What the F is up with not calling a spade a spade!

Right, waging a holy war in his underwear.

Going by what other posters have posted, he sounds like cracked out junkie or just bats# crazy insane. Either way, a jihadi isn't looking very likely.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

SHit they were armed...thanks for that. According to facebook I am told (I dont facebook) - he is a Greek who was involved in a stabbing with his brother earlier on.

Apparently there is no confirmation that he was screaming Alu Akhbar

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

considering the amount of people at that intersection.

That may also be why they didn't. Too many people in the background who could get hit. What's behind the camera that shows the car and the cops in the same frame? It looks like, from the pictures, a fairly busy area.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

They knew he was gonna go people ploughing, bastard.

Why didnt they ACT!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Hit the tyres and disable the car - did you see the video of how slow he was going - and they can shoot into the tyres without hitting pedestrians at the speed that the car is doing the doughnuts

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm starting to tend with that as well - apparently he is Greek and Alu Akhbar chanting has not been confirmed

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Does Oz have the death penalty?

Australia does not have the death penalty and personally i am against it . That being said sometimes my view on that is sorely tested .
edit on 20-1-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I am against the death penalty. I just hope the victims get to see this scum face to face and have closure or healing at least!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Just quick rundown from ch 10 news...Appears he was known to police, out on bail. There had been a chase earlier out of the CBD. Police had been aware of his irrational driving for a while. He was being followed using air wing!!
Sounds like someone was about to be picked up by police and did a runner. Very sad!! One child confirmed dead, 4 other child in hospital. A 3mth old being operated on, my heart breaks for the parents. They seem fairly certain no terror link, although very terrorizing for those around 😣

Eta: reports of female passenger that left the car before entering CBD, mentioned she was a possible hostage.
edit on 20-1-2017 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
there's footage of him being dragged out of the car

he was wearing pants at the time.

im assuming they were removed as first aid or to check for explosives when they had him in cuffs

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hit the tyres and disable the car - did you see the video of how slow he was going - and they can shoot into the tyres without hitting pedestrians at the speed that the car is doing the doughnuts

i saw a video of him driving in circles on flinders, "doughnuts" is a gross exaggeration..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Terrorist . the end. In its un-isis sorta way.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Un-isis sort of way...

That is a...unique way of phrasing it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Greek Apparently
surname: Hayeid

cant locate anything online yet

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Same mentality just different cause,could be a crackhead,could be not (with the prior being more likely)
edit on 20-1-2017 by hiddenNZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join