It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible terrorist attack Melbourne - A Man has driven into crowds multiple injured

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Walk away for a bit. Or several bits. Does no good to bet wound up behind your computer screen, my friend.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I did NOT put the caption on this picture but i asked myself the same

in the footage you can see multiple police on the street at the intersection watching him...

if he was indeed being monitoried throughout the day after a stabbing incident earlier in the day why the hell did they allow him to leave that intersection?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Reports are 3 dead

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

They knew he was gonna go people ploughing, bastard.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

As soon as the PC leash is cut. Hopefully soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Timeline (so far)

* 1.30pm: Emergency services flooded with calls with reports of a car doing burnouts across tram tracks outside Flinders Street Station which was then chased by police up Swanston streets.
* 1.40 pm: That car, red or maroon-coloured Holden, then allegedly struck a number of pedestrians in the vicinity of Bourke and Queens Streets and then into Bourke Street Mall.
* 2.20pm: Reports of shots fired, person pulled from car on William Street.
* 2.30pm: Ambulance Victoria says they are treating 20 people in Bourke Street, many of them with serious injuries.
* 2.30pm: Victoria Police release statement confirming the situation has been “contained”, one person arrested and another dead.
* 3.20pm: Police confirm at press conference that three people have died and the incident was not terror related.

However, witnesses on the scene reported:

Street performer Jordan Doust, 22, was mid way through a magic show on Bourke St when the chaos started to unfold. "He drove onto the footpath from the tram tracks and started to go for people. They were running and screaming and about 20 cops chasing up behind him," he said. "It was frantic and the people were trying to get out of the way." He said he had deliberately directed the car at the people. "It was a deliberate attempt - there is no doubt about that," Mr Doust said

... and ...

Italian tourist Stefano Pavan said he thought that the man was yelling, “Allah Akbar” while he was doing burnouts on the corner of Flinders and Swanston street. Mr Pavan said the man looked middle eastern and there was loud Arabic music blaring from his car. “People were screaming because he was just going crazy,” he said. “But it was like he was waiting for the police.” Mr Pavan said the man was screaming and shouting and doing the burnouts close to where the horse drawn carriages are on Swanston Street.

Link to local paper

Sure, not linked to terrorism. Who else has used this same tactic to kill innocent people lately that has not been terror related? The more we stick to being politically correct so not to offend people, the more these incidents will become common in our collective lives.

I hope all the remaining injured survive their experience. Not only physically, but mentally as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

There's also reports he was screaming about comets and lasers from the car, listening/watching the movie its totally inaudible.

also there were multiple police at that intersection.. im talking 5-6-7 police when he was doing the burnouts. if he was yelling ''Allah Akbar'' then i imagine they'd have fired their weapons quickly - considering the amount of people at that intersection.

As for Arabic music, well to me that doesnt say much yet either. A methed up nutter could put that on just to put more fear into people.

He has an Arabic appearance, but syd/melb has a large Lebanese population - this doesn't mean its terrorism it means he's in a low economical bracket of society that tends to get into meth

a reporter said his source told him police had been monitoring the man most of the day and its related to an earlier stabbing.

That to me says drugs more than terrorism. if you were going to do a terrorist attack after stabbing someone you'd do it first thing in the morning, not at lunch because you'd be expecting the police to grab you fairly quickly.

edit on 19/1/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

There's also reports he was screaming about comets and lasers from the car, listening/watching the movie its totally inaudible.
also there were multiple police at that intersection.. im talking 5-6-7 police when he was doing the burnouts. if he was yelling ''Allah Akbar'' then i imagine they'd have fired their weapons quickly - considering the amount of people at that intersection.

As for Arabic music, well to me that doesnt say much yet either. A methed up nutter could put that on just to put more fear into people.

He has an Arabic appearance, but syd/melb has a large Lebanese population - this doesn't mean its terrorism it means he's in a low economical bracket of society that tends to get into meth

a reporter said his source told him police had been monitoring the man most of the day and its related to an earlier stabbing.

That to me says drugs more than terrorism. if you were going to do a terrorist attack after stabbing someone you'd do it first thing in the morning, not at lunch.

All assumptions on your part. All of them. That does not outweigh reports from actual witnesses on the scene. We will see, hopefully, what this "hole" and waste of air has to say in the coming days. If it goes public he claims allegiance to some terrorist organization, I hope you are enough of an adult to admit your PC mindset was blind to the evidence and nature of the attack being consistent with a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

all assumption on both of our parts being we're talking about witnesses describing things.

if its terrorism then its as messed up and I fear for DC

I still can see the plausible situation that a meth head who may have lost a friend (in the earlier stabbing incident) wanted to die and wanted to die publicly.

screaming allah ahkbar and playing arab music would do this.

but yes your correct, driving a car into a crowd has been an ISIS tactic but my gut says this isnt that.

ISIS will likely claim it like they do everything..

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Nine.com.au now updating that a baby is among the 3 dead.

www.9news.com.au...

RIP and thoughts for the deceased and family/friends.

edit on 19-1-2017 by Sublimecraft because: Added link

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

......ISIS will likely claim it like they do everything..

Yes, and that is why I said we wait for the suspect to make a statement. I do not believe any claims form anyone outside of this incident. I am waiting for HIS explanation. And even if drugs were involved, I would be willing to bet the underlying impetus was terror related. But, that too is an assumption.

We can only hope anything he claims is not suppressed or whitewashed before it gets to be public knowledge.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I'd say yelling god is great and then running people over would be thought of as terrorism brother,if that's what he yelled,that's good enough for me

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Poor people,lost for words.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Walk away for a bit. Or several bits. Does no good to bet wound up behind your computer screen, my friend.

Thank you for your concern, friend. Yes, that is what i did, but here I am back again. Sometimes the fear of ignorance (not knowing) is greater than the dread of knowing. How can you inform the MSM group if you don't know the truth before the manipulation.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For fun, let's look at the discrepancies between the official story and eye witness accounts so far.

1) Official Story: There was a passenger. Eye-witness: Lonewolf
2) Official Story: Not terror related. Eye-witness: Screaming Alloha Snackbar, Arab Music

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

So am I. Back I mean.

Silly kitty videos are very useful things for lowering the BP, I've found.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
From what I've been able to gather, it's A. related to an earlier stabbing B. the guy was doing donuts in one of the busiest areas in Victoria, possibly the whole of Australia and C. he was wearing nothing but underwear.

That does not fit the norm you see with terrorists in the least.

It does, however, fit with what you might expect were this guy to be out of his mind on either ice or angel dust.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That well and truly sucks.

The driver, I hope, is also a casualty? Does Oz have the death penalty? I could hope for a trial and get to look into the eyes of the families before he goes to the gallows...that has a certain appeal, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

* 1.30pm: Emergency services flooded with calls with reports of a car doing burnouts across tram tracks outside Flinders Street Station which was then chased by police up Swanston streets. * 1.40 pm: That car, red or maroon-coloured Holden, then allegedly struck a number of pedestrians in the vicinity of Bourke and Queens Streets and then into Bourke Street Mall. * 2.20pm: Reports of shots fired, person pulled from car on William Street. * 2.30pm: Ambulance Victoria says they are treating 20 people in Bourke Street, many of them with serious injuries.

This doesnt make sense, how did he get from the Cnr of Swanston and Flinders to the Cnr of Queen and Bourke driving towards The mall (the direction he came from) Without being stopped by police for 10 min?
Police are everywhere around there and considering the burn outs followed by going off down a street thats for emergency vehicles only you think the cops would have been all over it.

Also what was happening for 40 min after he hit the people? it says the shots were fired at 2:20pm, Am I missing something or is the timeline a bit off at this early stage?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I just saw a video of the guy doing altmost a minute of donuts in the middle of a street full of people, does Australian cops don't carry guns?

I'm 100 percent sure that if a car start to be a concern for the public safety like that in my town cops would have shot right away.

Those cops will have to live with that baby death in their minds for the rest of their life.

I hope the driver gets strongly raped in jail.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join