It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by queenofswords removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Call Guinness. They are about to turn D.C. into the world's biggest kitchen.

I'm kidding of course. Though I don't agree with your political view, I applaud you for having the guts to stand up for what you believe in and get involved. Something a great many of us (myself included probably aren't willing to do. Stay safe.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This protest just show how ignorant people are nowadays. They are going to protest legally elected president, because they dislike some of the things he had said, all under the false rhetoric of fighting for the women rights, while at the same time, completely ignoring the status of women in the Middle East.

Women against fascism? The hell is this global movement, marching against Donald J. Trump? How brainwashed you have to be in order to participate in one of these protests? If you want to make a difference, why don't you fight for women in the Middle East?

Despicable, and pathetic at the same time

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just wondering how many women are marching in islamic countries, such as saudi arabia, iran, iraq, yemen, egypt, gaza. morroco, ???

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How many protested bill Clinton and moniker lewinski ? Watergate?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If he wants to wipe out radical Islam, what's the issue there? Do you realise that if radical Islam achieves its goal of world domination, we will find out what its really like to have no rights? Us western women have it so good, the majority don't know what it's like to be truly oppressed.

Trump is a moron and I can't stand him. I wish he didn't get elected myself. But, at the same time, I am glad Clinton lost. The American people were not really given a fair choice and the lesser of the evils won as is evidenced by the throwing of toys out of prams.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

If you want to make a difference, why don't you fight for women in the Middle East?

a reply to: Nikola014

....Because they aren't authentic. They are mostly miserable wannabe "somethings" that don't have a clue and are searching for a venue or cause to fill the void.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

you didn't answer the question I posed, and my rant followed my question because I see a simularity in the two...

just how do you wipe out the radical islamists from a poor country after they have been invited in because of their charity, if not war...
how can you move the embassy to jerusalam, basically recognizing it as the capital of isreal, without protecting that embassy by protecting jerusalem, all of it, as a part of isreal, without supporting war?

reckon, will you, do you really believe that your fear of those radical islamics so far away is so much stronger than a women who's found out she is pregnant and told she might suffer drastic health effects, or she will be forced to give up her job soon, or she is told that she should stop picking up her young children because she risks losing that baby if she does. is it so much greater that it justifies supporting the idea of dropping bombs on someone's else's kids, leaving their homes a radioactive mess that permanently changes the dna of those who live on it for generations to come, causing horrible birth defects?

I'm sorry, but I look for consistency... and it's quite lacking in today's world.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Just wondering how many women are marching in islamic countries, such as saudi arabia, iran, iraq, yemen, egypt, gaza. morroco, ???

I know right? The hypocrisy of these people is astounding. I really do despair for the future of the human race. Third wave feminism is cancer. They don't care about actual oppressed women, its all about how they can serve themselves and spread their cult.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

are you REALLY worried that radical islam will achieve world domination, really? i'm not. it's all fear, fear, fear.

there are bad people in the world, obviously, we've had kids shooting up kids in school.. but, fear, fear, fear islam. it's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

are you REALLY worried that radical islam will achieve world domination, really? i'm not. it's all fear, fear, fear.

there are bad people in the world, obviously, we've had kids shooting up kids in school.. but, fear, fear, fear islam. it's ridiculous.

When you are dealing with a group of people who have proven themselves willing to die for their beliefs, a group of people who have had their homelands blown up by western governments on behalf of corporations, a healthy dose of paranoia is a good thing.

I am perfectly aware there is a lot of ignorance flying around, and not all muslims are bad people. But there are bad muslims out there who wish harm upon us if we don't submit to their backwards belief system. Thankfully these appear to be in the minority, like bad people in other religions.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ksiezyc

you didn't answer the question I posed, and my rant followed my question because I see a simularity in the two...

just how do you wipe out the radical islamists from a poor country after they have been invited in because of their charity, if not war...
how can you move the embassy to jerusalam, basically recognizing it as the capital of isreal, without protecting that embassy by protecting jerusalem, all of it, as a part of isreal, without supporting war?

reckon, will you, do you really believe that your fear of those radical islamics so far away is so much stronger than a women who's found out she is pregnant and told she might suffer drastic health effects, or she will be forced to give up her job soon, or she is told that she should stop picking up her young children because she risks losing that baby if she does. is it so much greater that it justifies supporting the idea of dropping bombs on someone's else's kids, leaving their homes a radioactive mess that permanently changes the dna of those who live on it for generations to come, causing horrible birth defects?

I'm sorry, but I look for consistency... and it's quite lacking in today's world.

You are right. Consistency is lacking.
Could you explain the consistency of a womens march against Trump when wars have been raging in the ME for years? Can you explain why no such march has happened to protest the horrendous treatment of women in the very countries you seem to care about so much?
Can you explain the consistency of a womens march against Trump when around 500,000 women's children died in Iraq and the US govt said it was 'worth it'?

Can you explain why the EXISTING laws you seem to be upset with in the US were not protested in this way when Obama was President?

Bet you can't. So maybe, you don't look for consistency after all... Maybe you look first at politics and then decide what to be angry with?

This march is ONLY about politics and power and these women are being used to divide.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

a pregnant women has a better chance of losing her earning power for the rest of her life..
she has a greater risk of finding herself raising that baby alone...without the support of her husband...
she has a greater risk that she will find empty cupboards and hungry children far too common....
she has a greater risk of watching the child needlessly suffer because the medicine needed is too expensive..
and she has a far greater risk of having to watch that child one day go off to fight another stupid war that is fought to make rich people richer!!
heck, she probably has a higher risk of dying in childbirth than seeing islamic radicals taking over the US.
but, no, she should react to protect herself from any of this...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Your question wasn't real so I didn't answer it, but rather redirected it to a true point. Your point he may eliminate all of Islam is utter bollocks and you failed to mention "terrorism" as in what he actually said "radical Islamic terrorism", not "radical Islam". Don't pick and choose your words purely for agenda. No debate can occur if you continue on that path.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I'm so glad my husband supports empowering women and girls.

This is the problem with 3rd wave feminists.
Have you once in the last year actually went out of your way to empowered him in return?
Doubtful.

I'm glad my girlfriend is an egalitarian rather than a feminist and understands she doesn't need empowerment from anyone. She is aware that she is in fact part of the most privileged group of female's to have ever graced this planet. Rather than go protest about "non-issues" or expect her man to "empower" her she is a completely independent individual.

Support
Respect

Empower
Coddle

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: knoxie

a pregnant women has a better chance of losing her earning power for the rest of her life..
she has a greater risk of finding herself raising that baby alone...without the support of her husband...
she has a greater risk that she will find empty cupboards and hungry children far too common....
she has a greater risk of watching the child needlessly suffer because the medicine needed is too expensive..
and she has a far greater risk of having to watch that child one day go off to fight another stupid war that is fought to make rich people richer!!
heck, she probably has a higher risk of dying in childbirth than seeing islamic radicals taking over the US.
but, no, she should react to protect herself from any of this...

So what has changed since Trump was elected?
Why no protests like this before to let Obama know... where's that consistency you value?
Please stop pretending this march has anything to with women.
edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I do believe that there has been women's marches every year.... maybe I am wrong, but I do believe they have gathered during clinton's time as well as obama's time.
not to mention that there were women out there protesting the wars, the ecological issues, black lives matters, at standing rock...
another inconsistency.... we will fight for the right for isreal to have jerusalem as their capital based on something written thousands of years ago, while we take more and more lands from those who we've made treaties with in this country within the past two centuries...
can a country honor their god if they will kill to enforce his promises to one group of people while they are ignoring their own promises to those who that same god gave the land they are occupying to??

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sad but true. Emotions are boiling.

The worldwide marches are letting govts know what we want. Here in the US we have a right to petition our government for redress of grievances. Here are the grievances that will be petitioned.

This is all the March is about: ENDING VIOLENCE, REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS, LGBTQIA RIGHTS, WORKER’S RIGHTS, CIVIL RIGHTS, DISABILITY RIGHTS, IMMIGRANT RIGHTS, ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE.

The anarcho-capitalists now in power will hear these grievances and decide how they will respond.

The majority will not be silent this time.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I do believe that there has been women's marches every year.... maybe I am wrong, but I do believe they have gathered during clinton's time as well as obama's time.
not to mention that there were women out there protesting the wars, the ecological issues, black lives matters, at standing rock...
another inconsistency.... we will fight for the right for isreal to have jerusalem as their capital based on something written thousands of years ago, while we take more and more lands from those who we've made treaties with in this country within the past two centuries...
can a country honor their god if they will kill to enforce his promises to one group of people while they are ignoring their own promises to those who that same god gave the land they are occupying to??

Nothing like this.
What has changed that has motivated all these women (and men) to come out today?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join