It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Taking away our health care, taking away our right to our own bodies and size of our families, not supporting laws for equal pay, removing family leave laws so when we do have children our employers can't put someone else in our places while we are out. Or not enforcing laws about hiring based on sex. He will lead by example and he's set a very poor example so far.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And he will legislate against the LGBT folks too.
Married today...not married tomorrow.

And he wants to legislate an entire religion out of existence.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Taking away our health care, taking away our right to our own bodies and size of our families, not supporting laws for equal pay, removing family leave laws so when we do have children our employers can't put someone else in our places while we are out. Or not enforcing laws about hiring based on sex. He will lead by example and he's set a very poor example so far.

Taking away health care - he has not said that he is doing that. he said he is going to repeal the ACA and replace it with something cheaper and offering more choice.

Taking away right to own body - never heard anything of the sort from him (please provide evidence)

Dictating family size - never heard anything of the sort from him (please provide evidence)

Not supporting laws for equal pay - I have not seen any policy that he said he will implement to change current law on renumeration to make it discriminatory against women (please provide evidence)

Removing family leave laws - please provide evidence he wants to change the current laws on this

Not enforcing laws about hiring based on sex - where did he say this.. please provide evidence

I have, however, heard him talk about providing tax breaks for child care, which will help millions of women.

edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm on my way out the door now to march in Norfolk.
Just checked the tv again the crowd is immense there in DC. There are thousands more people for this than there were yesterday celebrating him. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS MORE.
Maybe he should have rethought that first speech yesterday.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Fake News. Fake statistics. Fake rhetoric. Fake fake fake.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Since when did cheaper offer more choice?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Okay. I've got to go shopping for a pink hat.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

It's about policies he will implement.
Against women.
Look I'm not going to get through to you. I can see that.
I'm so glad my husband supports empowering women and girls.
He doesn't feel threatened by them.

Again, there you go with your crazy assumptions and hypocritical judgement.

First I think a mother and father should have the right choose to have an abortion within reason (not at the 9 months mark) . However since the women has to carry the baby she should have a little more say ultimately in the outcome.

Secondly I have been with my very strong willed educated ER nurse of a wife for about 20 years .

Yes I'm so threatened by an educated smart women that I encouraged my wife to stop working and go full time as a nursing student (required by the university she wanted to attend) in an accelerated bachelors program that took 2 years to complete versus 4 . All the while I continued to work to pay for all the bills and raise our 5 year old son basically by myself due to how aggressive the program was.

It was a sacrifice that we BOTH were willing to make in the short term to better our family. She would have done the same for me had the situation were reversed.

Under a year she was offered to be the ER director not only due to her smarts but because she didn't take crap from anyone and had no problem speaking her mind as the ER clinical coordinator ,

So please stop with the BS , I don't hate women and have no problems with strong women. I just disagree with your methods, politics and your hypocritical stance on the issues.

edit on 32131America/ChicagoSat, 21 Jan 2017 11:32:10 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Since when did cheaper offer more choice?

It doesn't, but that is not what I said, or he said.
He has promised cheaper insurance and more options, not more options because it is cheaper.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: redhorse

here is no proof that the screaming woman is associated with the women's march

Again you assumed that . Where did I say she was associated with the womens March.

I said "Can we get some more of these videos?" where Did I say she was associated with the womens March? Fact: I didn't ,you assumed that .

Either context completely eludes you or you are still lying.

Eludes = assumption on your part != fact

edit on 17131America/ChicagoSat, 21 Jan 2017 11:17:31 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

me, too! you can get them on etsy.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You are so misinformed it's ridiculous.

There are so many things DT plans to do to help, but all you read about is your left-wing lying pundits spouting their BS.

Ivanka Trump, daughter of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, fully supports her father’s child care plan. After all, she helped him come up with it.
On Tuesday, Ivanka reiterated the points her father made during a Pennsylvania rally in an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal. One point was Donald’s plan to rewrite the tax code that would deduct the cost of childcare expenses from income taxes for up to four children, as well as (an unspecified number) of elderly dependents.
fortune.com...

They're already working on REAL solutions. Stay tuned. And, better yet, read and listen.

edit on 21-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I have no clue where he ever said such a thing? I have only heard him state that he wants to take down 'radical' Islamists. Not the religion, but the perverted radical individuals.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Y'all gals know he ain't got nothing against the lady folk right? Y'all know he supports all 'Mericans no matter their color or their sex/gender(same thing). Y'all are protesting something that ain't there.

I chose that specific language so maybe you could understand.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

in his speech yesterday, he said he plans on wiping radical islam off the face of the earth... how do you think he plans on accomplishing this goal? just how does he define radical islam, or does he see all islam as radical..
he's planning on moving our embassy to jerusalem.
my question is can he do any of this without dropping more bombs onto villages full of women and children?

why doesn't he want to wipe islam off the face of the earth? why is wanting to try to move our embassy to jerusalem?
even before he said the oath of office a heartbeat bill was written up and presented into the congress for consideration. most women won't even know they are pregnant before that heartbeat starts beating so this would effectively ban abortions.
there are many reasons a women might decide to abort.. and many of these reasons have fear as a driving force behind them... just like fear is the driving force behind those who cry war against the "radical islam".

then there his CONFESSION, of pu... grabbing! his lawyer who once stated that a husband can't rape his wife. the idea that if women don't want to be assaulted verbally with sexually themed catcalls or worse, they shouldn't be in the workforce. the congress' on both federal and local levels constant assault on women's reproductive rights, often times justified by what is not much more than lies.
and that is just one small part of the picture.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Stay safe Byrd!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

He clearly said "radical Islamic terrorism" thus separating radical Islam from Islam, and more to the point eliminating actors of radical Islam specifically.

I'm pro-life so I'll ignore that middle rant. It'd lead to a pointless and uncivilized argument because neither side will change their minds.

With the grabbing of genitalia he was commenting on groupies I believe and he also said that they "let" thus not being sexual assault due to consent, CONSENT.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I have no clue where he ever said such a thing? I have only heard him state that he wants to take down 'radical' Islamists. Not the religion, but the perverted radical individuals.

You are right. They listen with one ear closed and miss the stuff they don't want to hear.

All he has ever advocated is common sense approaches to immigration from known problematic Islamist countries, better and improved vetting processes, and obliteration of radical Islamic terrorism.

All the infantile bat-ship crazies that fly off the handle hear is, "oh my, he wants to ban all muslims". They don't read, follow, and digest the whole plan. They take a morsel and pepper it with their own hyperbolic "fears" and say it came from him.

I'm sick of the misinformation and the stupidity of the left.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

in his speech yesterday, he said he plans on wiping radical islam off the face of the earth... how do you think he plans on accomplishing this goal? just how does he define radical islam, or does he see all islam as radical..
he's planning on moving our embassy to jerusalem.
my question is can he do any of this without dropping more bombs onto villages full of women and children?

why doesn't he want to wipe islam off the face of the earth? why is wanting to try to move our embassy to jerusalem?
even before he said the oath of office a heartbeat bill was written up and presented into the congress for consideration. most women won't even know they are pregnant before that heartbeat starts beating so this would effectively ban abortions.
there are many reasons a women might decide to abort.. and many of these reasons have fear as a driving force behind them... just like fear is the driving force behind those who cry war against the "radical islam".

then there his CONFESSION, of pu... grabbing! his lawyer who once stated that a husband can't rape his wife. the idea that if women don't want to be assaulted verbally with sexually themed catcalls or worse, they shouldn't be in the workforce. the congress' on both federal and local levels constant assault on women's reproductive rights, often times justified by what is not much more than lies.
and that is just one small part of the picture.

Your post makes no sense. How is wiping radical islam from the face of the earth anti women?
How is grabbing the p**** of a woman who wants her p**** grabbed anti women?
How is moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem anti women?

Face it, this march is not a march representing women at all (evidenced by the fact that some women were excluded). This is a march for the liberal ideology dressed up as a women's march in order to divide people by gender.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: interupt42
Because you seem to think this is a trump protest.
And it's not.

I'm sorry but this is rubbish. The women's march clearly IS to do with Trump. After posting this you even started speculating what bad things Trump will do for women. Also ALL the media are suggesting this is a anti-Trump march...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.independent.co.uk... ml
www.theguardian.com...

I could go on and on....

If the women's march was really just about women's rights etc, why is there no mass protest with what happened in Germany when there were mass sex assaults at new years eve? Why is there never mass marches protesting about Saudi Arabia and how they treat their women?

It's because this march has EVERYTHING to do with Trump.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join