It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Teikiatsu

so then....
you hate women, am I reading that correctly?

No. You read incorrectly.

Or just the ones who don't 'behave' the way you, Sir, in your so-called Christian mindset, think they should?

You read a lot of hate into things. What way and mindset, Ma'am, is that?

It is defensiveness. I do that when jackboots are around. Just to check if I'm saying the right things.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nope. Not every executive action requires a budget to be ratified by Congress.
Case in point, bans and extreme vetting,
Renistatement of the Mexico City law,
Restarting oil pipeline projects,
Removing regulations that stifle the coal industry,
Defunding of sanctuary cities.
Even the wall only requires congress to find the money, not agree it, as the approval for 700 miles of barrier has already been passed.

wow....dude....
really? No. That is a misperception.

Other departments carry out those orders. He can sit there and bark orders all day long...that will not send people running or asking "how high?"
Do you really not understand the diff between an "executive order" and "established law"?

And do you really, truly think that if he says "build the pipeline!" that it will all be organized and executed by Monday?

Same with the wall.
Hadrian's took six years, and it was only 73 miles. China's took two hundred years (comes out to 27.5 miles per year). It seems you underestimate the system's actually velocity.
It is equal to the "Chancery Court" ----

even locally, it takes four freekeen ever.
My car was stolen on the last day of February. They caught the guy about 2.5 months later (I'd already settled with insurance). He is ONLY JUST NOW at the point where the deals are done and he's awaiting sentencing. That won't be until 5 march. MORE THAN A YEAR after the deed.

***** That is the court system *****

The only thing TRUMP can do at this moment is Tweet, call people, state his thoughts, and order nukes. Doesn't make it happen.
The ACA is not going to be ripped out from under anyone. The wall is years and years away if it ever happens at all, which I seriously doubt.
It isn't like kicking out your spouse.

Have you ever been through a divorce?

edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

his first week is not a good indication of success. He has put oligarchs and business captains in as cabinet members, and 'alternative news' people as advisers.

Any day now we may learn that he has appointed Sorcha Faal as an advisor. lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

ya, and that point is the point of viability...
where the fetus can survive out of the womb.
at that point the women could proceed with an eviction and the fetus would have a good chance of survival.

which is why in most states, abortions after this point is heavily regulated and is only available if certain conditions exist.

there's a big difference between this and those heartbeat bills that are all the rage it seems now days, isn't there?
as well as all those stupid laws that they try to pass that will just make it more difficult for the healthcare providers to be able to provide abortions, with no consideration as to just why the women might be seeking the abortion thus bypassing the idea that every women has the right to protect her body from irreversible health complications or her life!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

they've also been passed even though there hasn't been the usual security checks and vetting that has been the accepted norm in the past. which makes me wonder, when the dems manage to get control of all three branches of gov't and pull this crap will the republicans looks back at this and just say, oh, all is well, after all it was how we did things? or are they then gonna pitch a fit about it?

obama was criticized for trying to legislate by misusing his executive orders, but then, well trump comes in and it seems that that is the only tool he plans on using to bring his version into reality.
it seems that we are just getting farther and farther away from those checks and balances that are there to keep our country from becomming something that just isn't a representative gov't.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Madonna has built her career on being outrageous. It's her brand. That's show-biz. Trying to build a case to disparage the Women's Protest March on anything Madonna has done there, in the past or future, is nonsense.

She built her brand partially on acting like a promiscuous diva. Remember offering blow jobs to people voting for Clinton last year? She brought that brand with her to DC. *shrug*

And she's still here.

And still a powerful voice for women.

How many male or female have her status?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm starting to really dislike the fact that one party, either one, has control over the government. I'm beginning to think things need to be changed to have equal representation for each party in congress.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Madonna has built her career on being outrageous. It's her brand. That's show-biz. Trying to build a case to disparage the Women's Protest March on anything Madonna has done there, in the past or future, is nonsense.

She built her brand partially on acting like a promiscuous diva. Remember offering blow jobs to people voting for Clinton last year? She brought that brand with her to DC. *shrug*

And she's still here.

And still a powerful voice for women.

How many male or female have her status?

You mean some women.
She disgusts other women.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Nope. Not every executive action requires a budget to be ratified by Congress.
Case in point, bans and extreme vetting,
Renistatement of the Mexico City law,
Restarting oil pipeline projects,
Removing regulations that stifle the coal industry,
Defunding of sanctuary cities.
Even the wall only requires congress to find the money, not agree it, as the approval for 700 miles of barrier has already been passed.

wow....dude....
really? No. That is a misperception.

Other departments carry out those orders. He can sit there and bark orders all day long...that will not send people running or asking "how high?"
Do you really not understand the diff between an "executive order" and "established law"?

And do you really, truly think that if he says "build the pipeline!" that it will all be organized and executed by Monday?

Same with the wall.
Hadrian's took six years, and it was only 73 miles. China's took two hundred years (comes out to 27.5 miles per year). It seems you underestimate the system's actually velocity.
It is equal to the "Chancery Court" ----

even locally, it takes four freekeen ever.
My car was stolen on the last day of February. They caught the guy about 2.5 months later (I'd already settled with insurance). He is ONLY JUST NOW at the point where the deals are done and he's awaiting sentencing. That won't be until 5 march. MORE THAN A YEAR after the deed.

***** That is the court system *****

The only thing TRUMP can do at this moment is Tweet, call people, state his thoughts, and order nukes. Doesn't make it happen.
The ACA is not going to be ripped out from under anyone. The wall is years and years away if it ever happens at all, which I seriously doubt.
It isn't like kicking out your spouse.

Have you ever been through a divorce?

It's not even taken until Monday for some of his changes - Trump's new immigration orders are being enforced today.

The Executive branch of the govt. enforces the laws of the land.
That you think Trump can't change the way the country is run without asking Congress to implement new law is baffling.

The fact he is already doing it should be a clue.

edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

it does seem to lead to more positive outcomes, doesn't it..
when one side holds all the cards, they seem to think they shouldn't have to discuss or compromise on anything... but, well, but if they don't listen to the what the other side is saying they aren't considering the totality of the picture..

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You mean some women.

It's funny - because it's true

And Trump? He disgusts me

Do you think this is like science or something UK?

:-)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You mean some women.

It's funny - because it's true

And Trump? He disgusts me

Do you think this is like science or something UK?

Just trying to be accurate. If it helps, some of the women in my life find both Trump and Madonna disgusting.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

okay, so we already have people being detained at our airports because of trump's actions..
what now, do we get to pay the way for them back from whence they came or are the stuck in detention till someone comes up with the money to bring them back home??

maybe trump should have at least put a little thought into this, made the announcement that it would take effect at a later date so people wouldn't be arriving, just find out that the rules had been changed mid-flight?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

okay, so we already have people being detained at our airports because of trump's actions..
what now, do we get to pay the way for them back from whence they came or are the stuck in detention till someone comes up with the money to bring them back home??

maybe trump should have at least put a little thought into this, made the announcement that it would take effect at a later date so people wouldn't be arriving, just find out that the rules had been changed mid-flight?

They are the new rules - a specific example of a change implemented. See? No Congress required.
If they should be allowed in to the country, they'll pass through. Just delayed.
If they have no right to enter under the new policy, they will be sent back from whence they came. Easy enough to detain them and put them on the first plane back with a spare seat.
Oh, and I would check out a few different sources for the full story on this... don't bite at the first news report you hear.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

If it helps, some of the women in my life find both Trump and Madonna disgusting.

It helps in as much as you seem even more human now. Less the Trump-bot

So, some women in your life are disgusted by Trump?

I have to assume that the fine work you do here day in and day out is for the ones that aren't

We all know on which side our bread is buttered - right UK?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

his first week is not a good indication of success. He has put oligarchs and business captains in as cabinet members, and 'alternative news' people as advisers.

Any day now we may learn that he has appointed Sorcha Faal as an advisor. lol.

I laughed hysterically. I'm not sure I'd be shocked, though.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

LOL....

Trump has a problem with nasty, disgusting women like Madonna, and women like Hillary who need to use the bathroom occasionally.

But Howard Stern? He's the MAN!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: nah.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

We need more parties than just the two. This is the hatching of that "new" movement.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's not even taken until Monday for some of his changes - Trump's new immigration orders are being enforced today.

They are? They're being enforced? By whom? In what way?

Please share with me.....what is being enforced today? I mean, like: Right now,. You know? Like....I'm not scared right now....

edit on 1/28/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join