It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, he is signing papers and talking to people. It is impossible to "do the things he said he would do" without the consent of Congress and the cooperation of 310 million people.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No, he is signing papers and talking to people. It is impossible to "do the things he said he would do" without the consent of Congress and the cooperation of 310 million people.

Incorrect.
The president has the wide power he needs within the framework of the current law.
Some things will need new law, but actually very few of his campaign promises.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No. Incorrect. Unless he intends to pay for it all by himself. Congress is the mechanism by which he HAS to operate. He can sign 'executive orders' until the cows come home, but that doesn't make him "King", or "God".

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu
I think you don't understand what feminists are. You don't grant us anything based on your approval. If you personally don't like women or approve of their behavior - that's up to you of course

Going back to the OP 1/21 massing of femiscists...

If I call myself a whore - that's up to me. If I want to look like a whore, behave like a whore, - if I want to be a whore? You have no say

If I want to use the symbolism of whorishness to make you look like a hypocrite and fool - so be it

If you keep me down because you don't like that I'm a whore? No dice

You can have your opinion. You don't get to control me. Not my behavior or my body
edit on 1/28/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
awesome OP.
dont know how i missed this thread.
we are in ohio and wanted to go the the march but couldnt work it out.

my wife sort of participated though.
she made 20 puss hats and sent them to a lady in DC and they were passed out...

cool that you went

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Madonna has built her career on being outrageous. It's her brand. That's show-biz. Trying to build a case to disparage the Women's Protest March on anything Madonna has done there, in the past or future, is nonsense.

She built her brand partially on acting like a promiscuous diva. Remember offering blow jobs to people voting for Clinton last year? She brought that brand with her to DC. *shrug*

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ruined for you maybe. I thought it was glorious.

And you wonder why Trump won?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

so then....
you hate women, am I reading that correctly?

No. You read incorrectly.

Or just the ones who don't 'behave' the way you, Sir, in your so-called Christian mindset, think they should?

You read a lot of hate into things. What way and mindset, Ma'am, is that?

edit on 28-1-2017 by Teikiatsu because: Sir -> Maam. BW keeps changing avatars.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Sycophants. Obama did not take me from "crayons to perfume."

No, he didn't take you anywhere

But, in those eight years, a lot of little girls grew up with Obama as their president. Crayons to perfume.

Many women love him - no matter what our age

You're funny May

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Madonna has built her career on being outrageous. It's her brand. That's show-biz. Trying to build a case to disparage the Women's Protest March on anything Madonna has done there, in the past or future, is nonsense.

Unfortunately - and I mean that because I think the vast majority of women were there for valid reasons - people are going to remember the celebs. They ruined it.
LOL!!

Yeah. You know the people who were at the inauguration? The vast majority of them were there for valid reasons. The celebrity ruined it.

Oh not just them. They are the figureheads, but the secondary quacks shall live in infamy.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No. Incorrect. Unless he intends to pay for it all by himself. Congress is the mechanism by which he HAS to operate. He can sign 'executive orders' until the cows come home, but that doesn't make him "King", or "God".

Nope. Not every executive action requires a budget to be ratified by Congress.
Case in point, bans and extreme vetting,
Renistatement of the Mexico City law,
Restarting oil pipeline projects,
Removing regulations that stifle the coal industry,
Defunding of sanctuary cities.
Even the wall only requires congress to find the money, not agree it, as the approval for 700 miles of barrier has already been passed.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MotherMayEye

As I said, the president does not have the authority to "force a vote."

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I guess you are admitting he was an ineffectual leader.

Regardless, Democrats were ultimately responsible for that failure. And I don't buy their sudden concern now.

With this you give yourself away

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
I think you don't understand what feminists are. You don't grant us anything based on your approval. If you personally don't like women or approve of their behavior - that's up to you of course

It's good to know feminists are filled with as many false premises as any other liberal zealot.

If I call myself a whore - that's up to me. If I want to look like a whore, behave like a whore, - if I want to be a whore? You have no say

Yep, yep, yep.

If I want to use the symbolism of whorishness to make you look like a hypocrite and fool - so be it

Yep.

If you keep me down because you don't like that I'm a whore? No dice

I'm not shutting you down. I'm pointing out how you are destroying your own message and support.

You can have your opinion. You don't get to control me. Not my behavior or my body

False premises abound! I want no control over you, your behavior, or your body. I fully enjoy the right to point out your hypocrisy and absurd messaging. Keep it up! Every vagina hat and threat to blow up the White House only makes my ideas stronger in the eyes of the electorate. This march was one of the best things to happen for conservatism in a LONG time.

Now if you are talking about the separate human body that may be growing in your womb some day, that's where I think the government has the right to regulate the procedure to responsibly defend the innocent and unborn while balancing it with women's health.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

He won?
No he stole it. Help from his communist base and his ties to Russia.
He didnt win and most assuredly the American people have lost.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Now if you are talking about the separate human body that may be growing in your womb some day, that's where I think the government has the right to regulate the procedure to responsibly defend the innocent and unborn while balancing it with women's health.

My body - not yours. Not the governments

If you decide to treat women like a holding area - you've denied them their human rights. If you plan to force women to carry babies according to your religious beliefs - not their own beliefs?

We all know what that is

No different from chattel - no different from slavery

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Bans and extreme vetting. So close the countries where no terrorists have come to the USA from. But keep open the ones where trump has financial interests.
Uh huh.
Nothing wrong here. We shouldn't notice that right? Head in sand except to come up for another sip.
edit on 1282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

My body - not yours. Not the governments

If you decide to treat women like a holding area - you've denied them their human rights. If you plan to force women to carry babies according to your religious beliefs - not their own beliefs?

We all know what that is

Wrong.
The law already states that is only the case up to a certain point.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Bans and extreme vetting. So close the countries where no terrorists have come to the USA from. But keep open the ones where trump has financial interests.
Uh huh.
Nothing wrong here. We shouldn't motive that right. Head in sand except to come up for another sip.

Different discussion, just using it as a clear example of where Trump can effect change, and fulfil a campaign promise, immediately without Congress.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He won?
No he stole it. Help from his communist base and his ties to Russia.
He didnt win and most assuredly the American people have lost.

nope
she who had no qualifications other than the birth lottery (having a vajina) LOST
hillary couldnt even close the deal the msm handed to her on a silver platter
her voters were so full of hubris they didnt bother to show up to vote
if they REALLY gave a crap about ANY of the issues in the womans march they would have voted

you tired of WINNING yet? winning bigly i might add

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Try to keep up UK

The battle has shifted

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join