It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

edit on 1/27/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: nm

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You can yell all you want, but women ate their own eight years ago. The march could have happened when Obama was gifted with four delegates that Hillary won. It could have happened when Congress refused to consider Obama's SCOTUS nominee and then when he didn't force a vote. It could have happened the day before the election...

But it happened the day after Trump was inaugurated. It was a funeral march filled with the walking dead.

Women silenced themselves. They lost their own voice because they were too busy fawning over their new exotic boyfriend and smugly believing that Hillary was a shoe-in.

Time Magazine and a pic of a cute pink knitted hat won't undo the damage Democratic-loyalist women did to feminism.

ETA: I mean VOM...I am supposed think of women like this as feminists?

Sycophants. Obama did not take me from "crayons to perfume."

edit on 27-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Women with an actual unified cause, clearly defined, marched today.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I agree but the shear number of women that marched all over the world sent a yugggeee statement to the congress and house and they are $h!tin bricks. Two years from now people will remember....even the conservatives will realize they were sold a load of BS.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
T he Resistance Movement

We will not be silenced.

True, but you will likely be ignored.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I agree but the shear number of women that marched all over the world sent a yugggeee statement to the congress and house and they are $h!tin bricks. Two years from now people will remember....even the conservatives will realize they were sold a load of BS.

None of that is happening or will happen.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The only thing that will be remembered about the liberal womens generic march against Trump will be the vulgar celebrities. There was no message so nothing else to remember.
edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The only thing that will be remembered about the liberal womens generic march against Trump will be the vulgar celebrities. There was no message so nothing else to remember.

Keep telling yourself that. I know some very smart important people, really really really smart, believe me and they tell me things. very very smart things, believe me.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why would Congress (that includes the House, just FYI) care about the politics of people in other countries? Why should Americans? If the politics of those other nations are so good, I advocate sympathizers move there.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
T he Resistance Movement

We will not be silenced.

By all means, wymyn like Madonna and Judd need to keep talking.... loud and often. They are driving more people away from them and towards common sense and common decency . It's glorious.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Why would Congress (that includes the House, just FYI) care about the politics of people in other countries? Why should Americans? If the politics of those other nations are so good, I advocate sympathizers move there.

Time will tell. You triggered snowflake!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

They didn't take a moment to self-reflect. Not one single moment. It was all just a knee-jerk reaction to Trump's election.

Gimme something meaningful...

...something that says these women are actually about 'women' and not singularly about exploiting women so that they can rail against Trump.

I'd love to a see a women's march that specifically invited the pro-lifers marching today to have a voice.

Maybe they could hash some things out. There is a bridge between pro-choicers and pro-lifers. One side shouldn't be shouting down the other and intentionally pissing each other off.

Case in point: I've seen several pro-life women on ATS state they are good with leaving the abortion issue in the states' hands. I am good with that, too, and I am solidly pro-choice...but then I am solidly about compromise in the face of a fiercely divided nation.

I suspect that if women actually heard each other out -- instead of one side demanding to represent all women -- women could compromise on an issue in dire need of a compromise, right now.

edit on 27-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

did obama silence you?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Women silenced themselves. They lost their own voice because they were too busy fawning over their new exotic boyfriend and smugly believing that Hillary was a shoe-in.

TESTIFY!!!!!!
a more honest explaination i have not read

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

They didn't take a moment to self-reflect. Not one single moment. It was all just a knee-jerk reaction to Trump's election.

Gimme something meaningful...

...something that says these women are actually about 'women' and not singularly about exploiting women so that they can rail against Trump.

I'd love to a see a women's march that specifically invited the pro-lifers marching today to have a voice.

Maybe they could hash some things out. There is a bridge between pro-choicers and pro-lifers. One side shouldn't be shouting down the other and intentionally pissing each other off.

Case in point: I've seen several pro-life women on ATS state they are good with leaving the abortion issue in the states' hands. I am good with that, too, and I am solidly pro-choice...but then I am solidly about compromise in the face of a fiercely divided nation.

I suspect that if women actually heard each other out -- instead of one side demanding to represent all women -- women could compromise on an issue in dire need of a compromise, right now.

Here's the thing, the vast majority of women are against any tax payer money going towards abortion funding. The vast majority of women support abortion restrictions and even a majority support significant restrictions of no abortion at all outside cases of rape, incest or threat to life of the mother.

Even Pro-Choice women support restrictions on abortion, but they are being led by extremists and influenced by idiots like Madonna and that Ashley Crud woman.

Defunding the abortion practice of Planned Parenthood should not even be a question any more. Just get on with it.
The discussions on abortion should be how to reduce the number, not the sick arguments about extending them.

This data above is from a Marist study done in December. It shows that pro-life and pro-choice DO have common ground. Sensible voices just need to drown out the shrill voices of the ultra feminists.

edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

judd stepped in it bigly

i wonder if she will show her face at march madness this year

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This issue is about compromise, not majority rule.

Every woman knows it and if they claim they don't, I suspect they are in the minority.

No side is getting their most extreme way on this issue. We have to compromise.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Time will tell. You triggered snowflake!

Yeah. You pegged me.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I've been watching the thread about the pro-life movement on and off all day.. seems like you all have been pretty much left alone to discuss the event and the insights you had from the different speakers. ain't read any criticism about how all those women were neglecting their wifely, family duties by being there. or other nasty comments uttered in an attempt to silence your voices...

it's gonna take more than just yous telling us to get behind our new president and sit down and shut up....
until we see hints that the right is willing to meet in the middle ground..
we aren't gonna sit down and shut up!

edit on 27-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: UKTruth

This issue is about compromise, not majority rule.

Every woman knows it and if they claim they don't, I suspect they are in the minority.

No side is getting their most extreme way on this issue. We have to compromise.

From the data it looks like there is common ground on abortion up to 12 weeks, which may well fit well with the most recent proposals to limit abortion to the moment a fetus can experience pain.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join