It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Cartel Kingpin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman Extradited to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Mexico has agreed to turn over the famous Mexican Cartel man known as "El Chapo".

The U.S. agreed not to seek the death penalty in his trial.

Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera is facing multiple charges here in the U.S.

I wonder if the election of Trump had anything to do with Mexico's "decision" ?

Mexican Cartel Kingpin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman Extradited to U.S.

Mexico has announced the extradition of Mexican Drug Lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera.

A prepared statement issued on Thursday afternoon from Mexico’s Foreign Relations Ministry announced the extradition that took place on Thursday.

Known as “El Chapo”, Guzman has been the leader of the famed Sinaloa Cartel–a criminal organization responsible for most of the drug trafficking in the country. Guzman is facing multiple charges in U.S. federal district courts in Texas, California, and Washington, D.C., that include money laundering, drug trafficking, conspiracy, and murder.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And tomorrow ...

Trump can use him as the first new introduction to

... Guantanamo Bay

edit on 1912017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No trump had nothing to do, after he was recaptured Mexico started the extradition process right away.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Trump doesn't want Mexico's criminals.

Come Monday morning “El Chapo” will probably be the first to be deported.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Obamas got a few more hours to pardon him.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ah, dang-it!
You beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

makes sense

Mexican prison for a very rich Mexican drug lord....smart...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Law and Order Time baby,...Law and Order....

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

It might be interesting if he sings for a lighter sentence. Clintons and Carlos Slim. To name but two old friends.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

He requested to be extradited to be in better jail conditions, he was being sexually assaulted...

Law and order indeed.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Quite possibly a trade off to fund the wall? If I were Mexico's President, I would not pay for the wall either. However, if the U.S.A. has legal access to assets through convictions, then the Mexican government could possibly thwart financial obligation to the construction of the wall... it's the only logical path to take, being that the cartels created the mess and government should not be financially responsible for what the cartels do.

They don't want criminal convictions near as much as they wish for civil convictions that come with financial penalties...
edit on 19-1-2017 by ttobban because: added a statement

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

In that case , he might be using the transfer to escape, they will do anything if its worth enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Ah, dang-it!
You beat me to it.

Lemme buy ya a beer...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Ah, dang-it!
You beat me to it.

Lemme buy ya a beer...

That is truly one offer, I can't refuse.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Financial help to build a wall? Doubt it. I just checked and the US is 19 trillion dollars in the red. Pretty sure they won't get it out of him.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I would think it be in the best interest to keep him where he is unlikely to escape?, I guess it depend's on your interest.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
He wanted to be extradited due to claims of sexual assault in the jail. Or is that so he can escape again? Why was he out in the prison population as it was being that high profile, sounds like a security concern as well. However, after all the people who died and were sexually assaulted by the cartels, no sympathy there on his plight.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"Mexico didn't want Trump to get the Credit"...is CNN's headline. WTF? WHAT CREDIT?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Quite possibly a trade off to fund the wall? If I were Mexico's President, I would not pay for the wall either. However, if the U.S.A. has legal access to assets through convictions, then the Mexican government could possibly thwart financial obligation to the construction of the wall... it's the only logical path to take, being that the cartels created the mess and government should not be financially responsible for what the cartels do.

They don't want criminal convictions near as much as they wish for civil convictions that come with financial penalties...

NO. Mexico purposefully did this to give Obama credit and say a big F U to Trump. Viva Mexico!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ttobban

NO. Mexico purposefully did this to give Obama credit and say a big F U to Trump. Viva Mexico!

It would be hilarious if Obama pardoned him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join