It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Seems that the protesters have started vwww.facebook.com... about thirty mins back. Some of the next vids down the line are just very interesting after the Trump one..

edit on 19-1-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I hope they're ready to clash with the Bikers going there in Droves. This should be Interesting.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So just ignore his past then? How does that saying go? Oh yeah:

"Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

You're suggesting we just ignore his past in favor of wishful thinking. Not a good idea.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

The actual protest has caused more damage to Standing Rock, than the possibility of a pipeline being built.

Why not protest something more tangible and current?

Even Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II, who has urged protesters to come “stand with Standing Rock” against the pipeline, is disgusted with how the environmental activists living in the camps have treated the federal property.

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 19-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: gr

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I offered a reason that many are going to protest, whether their interpretation of reality is valid or not.

Why not bunch them in with your "mentally ill" slur's.

They believe that Trump has demonstrated not only by his words but by his actions as a businessman many of the same qualities, or lack, that indicate the same kind of mental disorders they have been told motivated Hitler.

They are protesting because the future they see under Trump will sooner or later, most likely sooner, will find us all in a Nazi Germany scenario

Who is "they" and why defend their call to "verbal arms" when according to your own words their version of reality may or may not be valid
edit on 19-1-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

The choosing of picks isn't a fantasy, but the doom-mongering in regards to the future is.

Since you're talking about what "may" happen in the future, that outlook is just as valid as yours. And it will be until the Trump presidency goes one way or the other.

That's the lesson. Protest when there is injustice, not when there isn't. Meanwhile, there are instances of injustice everywhere, for instance the threats against the lives of inauguration performers, with not a peep but the cackling of partisan hyenas.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A vote for Trump is a gamble.

Exactly.

Too many people do not understand what a sucker bet is.

Then please o wise one, tell us what shall we do?

Next cycle, if both candidates are trash, and the alternatives are garbage, what can we do so you will not call us stupid oh great one.

Haha, get over yourself. People have to make decisions, you won't agree with all or most of them but that doesn't make you right.

So while you are the shining beacon of perfection, just promise me that in your dark room slamming away on the keyboard the monitors light doesn't illuminate your frown and dissatisfaction for the rest of us pleebians.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

So they should have just let them build the pipeline in the hope that they wouldn't be poisoned while ignoring the possible ramifications.

Great idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

So just ignore his past then? How does that saying go? "Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it", you're suggesting we just ignore his past in favor of wishful thinking. Not a good idea.

It has nothing to do with ignoring his past.

I'm asking you what is it, specifically, that the protesters want to see happen?

Trump IS the next President of the United States.

Please, just tell me what specific action they want to see? What specific policy are they protesting? What decision do they want to see made in their favor?

To be completely candid with you... this really shouldn't be so difficult to answer.

An acceptable answer would bThey are opposed to proposed legislation that will make manufacturing gidgets illegal because there is no evidence that gidgets are harmful. In this case, they would be looking for a specific action. Don't make manufacturing gidgets illegal.

One more time... what, specifically, are they looking for other than to just b-tch and moan?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I hope they're ready to clash with the Bikers going there in Droves. This should be Interesting.

Protests make sense when they are against tyranny and injustice. They don't make sense when they are against words or against the results of a democratic election.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You're choosing to ignore his past, I and many others choose not to.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Well, If I lived in an area where my drinking water was being contaminated by 'environmental activists' who defecate on a flood plain...

Anyways, we're going off on a tangent.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The choosing of picks isn't a fantasy, but the doom-mongering in regards to the future is.

Since you're talking about what "may" happen in the future, that outlook is just as valid as yours. And it will be until the Trump presidency goes one way or the other.

That's the lesson. Protest when there is injustice, not when there isn't. Meanwhile, there are instances of injustice everywhere, for instance the threats against the lives of inauguration performers, with not a peep but the cackling of partisan hyenas.

It is okay to threaten the lives of people who don't think the same as you.

At least it's okay for anti-Trump protestors. . . . . and ISIS.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Just as I described. Selective justice. If it isn't a benefit to their cause they could care less. That isn't justice, It's called an agenda.

link   

Then you remember the good he's done? Or are we just ignoring half of his past?

link   

Yes its like protesting about dying. Its inevitable.

link   

You're cherry-picking his past, overlooking any good he has done.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

There's always injustice, and there always will be, under any president. They aren't wrong to be protesting right now.

Trying to compare the injustice poor people deal with dealing with our system and what ever type of manufactured fear the performers at his inauguration are experiencing while surrounded by their own private security and the secret service is disingenuous at best.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You're still playing stupid I see. You know exactly what they are protesting, they are protesting Trump because they believe he is a terrible human being and they don't want a terrible human being running their country. They look at his past and see what a terrible human being he is and are opposed to what kind of person he is.

Surely you can understand that, right? You opposed Hillary. Why? It's not like her past mattered or anything, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

To think a US president could be marked with a legacy of the sorts or Hitler isn't out of the realm of thought but certainly not a talking point to the degree I've heard it in the past few years.

Keep bringing up Hitler if it makes you feel better. Where was you hand wringing at the continuing death toll and human misery in the Middle East since the invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. Dont worry about Hitler, look at the legacy of the last 15 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join