It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Haven't read all responses but appreciate the OP.

In short, they are protesting what the media pronounced was said. The outrage that was played over and over declaring it as truth.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So what you're saying is that Trump isn't any different from other past presidents and politicians?

Thank you for proving my point.

As a skeptic he is like the rest until he proves me wrong.

Innocent until proven guilty is for court rooms, not politicians.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I voted for Trump, not a supporter just anti Hillary.

BTW, how can you be stupid for not liking Hillary smh. She lost to Trump after all, so what does that say?

I don't think you did yourself any favors there.

Voting for either candidate was stupid.

Congratulations.
edit on 19-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: theantediluvian

Bravo. You were able to muster a retort, none of which contained evidence of injustice or oppression.

And kudos to you for managing a response that sidestepped the multiple instances of cogntive dissonance I pointed out from your OP.

I place you in the parrot class.

Lmao. Do you now? Well I place you in the "intellectually dishonest apologist muppet" class. You're no Kellyanne Conway though.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

I'm asking people like you to point it out. Injustice deserves protest and dissent, but there is none around.

Have you heard Trumps own statements? You can't blame people for judging Trump by what comes out of his mouth. There's nothing else to go by at this point.

When the president holds the same attitude as you, that there's no oppression or injustice he should be conscious of in what he says and does, it spells a dark future for the people who experience that oppression on a day to day basis.

Want hard proof of instances of oppression? Injustice? Do a simple search on the way poor people are treated by our "justice" system. But then again, you may not see that as actual oppression because you define it differently than people who have to experience it every day.

So far they are protesting some fantasy of the future, and words, which I already covered. That is not injustice nor oppression.

Is the threatening of the health and safety of those who wanted to perform at the inauguration an injustice?

Are Trumps cabinet picks and their ideas of how they want to run the country some "fantasy"? I don't think so. Me along with over 100,000 other Americans stand to lose their jobs if his pick for AG can govern how he wants to.

You can make the argument that Trump isn't president yet and his words don't have that type of power, but then you'd also have to acknowledge that the jobs he's supposedly already brought back can't be attributed to him either.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

As for the OP, I believe they're protesting someone who they believe is dangerous for the country

and yet the Op clearly mentioned this..

and upon looking around and seeing no injustice, no tyranny and no oppression

Your beliefs are exactly that, a belief. Why defend the "protest's" when the time for discourse was prior to the election results.
It is an inauguration, the results are in. Time for the President to get to work.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: underwerks

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

I'm asking people like you to point it out. Injustice deserves protest and dissent, but there is none around.

Have you heard Trumps own statements? You can't blame people for judging Trump by what comes out of his mouth. There's nothing else to go by at this point.

When the president holds the same attitude as you, that there's no oppression or injustice he should be conscious of in what he says and does, it spells a dark future for the people who experience that oppression on a day to day basis.

Want hard proof of instances of oppression? Injustice? Do a simple search on the way poor people are treated by our "justice" system. But then again, you may not see that as actual oppression because you define it differently than people who have to experience it every day.

And Trump is responsible for that? Huh, as far as i know he isn't in power yet.

So, as the nice lady asked, what injustice that you are referring to is Trump responsible for?

Trump isn't at fault for anything that has happened up to this point. How could he be? That should go without saying.

What Trump's responsible for is trying to normalize the attitude that current oppression and injustice doesn't exist and that its made up by his "opponents". That's nothing more than a powerful person using his cult of personality to further divide us, so he can move further ahead himself.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Trump: "Look at who Hillary has surrounded herself with! Goldman Sachs! She can't be trusted!"

Trump supporters: *CHEERS*

*goes on to appoint Goldman Sachs executives into his cabinet*

Trump supporters: *CHEERS*

Makes total sense doesn't it? Lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I voted for Trump, not a supporter just anti Hillary.

BTW, how can you be stupid for not liking Hillary smh. She lost to Trump after all, so what does that say?

I don't think you did yourself any favors there.

Voting for either candidate was stupid.

Congratulations.

Why thank you
but I think the only stupid vote is simply not voting.

You're welcome to think I'm stupid for voting for him, but it was him or Hillary, hell, even the third party candidates sucked.

A vote for Hillary was a vote to keep everything the way it is.

A vote for Trump is a gamble.

And I'm skeptical as is everyone else, I don't have high expectations.

But no one can predict the future, that includes you.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I defend the protests because protests are part of our Constitutional rights.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And I'm skeptical as is everyone else

My sides can only take so much laughter.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I defend the protests because protests are part of our Constitutional rights.

I defend the right for people to protest because that is constitutional.

I'm just trying to figure out what, exactly, it is "they" are protesting? What action do they want to see taken? What specific policy is it that they want to go a certain way?

I can't seem to find answers to this so, to me, it just seems like people protesting for the sake of protesting because things didn't go their way.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

However bleak the prospect, taking on a radical Trump presidency could galvanize a new generation of grassroots activists whose influence would be felt for decades. If organizers succeed, it could herald a golden age of civic involvement on the left unlike anything since the 1960s, when people took to the streets en masse in support of civil rights and in protest of the Vietnam War.

mashable.com...

Oh how you shall revel in the new Golden Age.

In the darkest corners of the liberal mind, the Trump presidency is welcomed and cherished, for they now have something to oppose.

+2 more 
link   

Sidestep what exactly? You confirmed they are protesting rhetoric, which I already stated. The rest was virtue-signalling, which I know is your favorite term.

link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Of course you don't see what they're protesting about because they're protesting what you support.

They're protesting someone who they believe is a danger to the country by way of the rhetoric he has used and the people he has appointed to his cabinet. Pretty easy to understand from my point of view, but then again I'm on the outside looking in.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

And I'm skeptical as is everyone else

My sides can only take so much laughter.

Most people are, these two candidates had the least amount of avid supporters in my adult life.

I saw almost no signs or bumper stickers where I live (we are a swing county) because people didn't truly stand behind them and they didn't want their property to get fcked up.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Dude, stop with the cult-ish language, you're not saying anything profound so stop using words that make it seem that way.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Of course you don't see what they're protesting about because they're protesting what you support.

They're protesting someone who they believe is a danger to the country by way of the rhetoric he has used and the people he has appointed to his cabinet. Pretty easy to understand from my point of view, but then again I'm on the outside looking in.

Okay. I comprehend what you are saying. I'm asking, specifically, what result to they want to see for their protesting efforts?

People protesting for $15/hour minimum wage want to see $15/hour minimum wage.

What are these people protesting specifically and what specific actions do they want to see happen?

I do my best to have an open mind but I need something to ponder and/or consider.

Edit to Add: I would like for you to explain to me your statement that, "you don't see what they're protesting about because they're protesting what you support." Please tell me what I support (and be prepared to back it up by quoting me). Thanks.
edit on 19-1-2017 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Trump's past business practices leaking over into his presidency.

Why did Standing Rock protest against a pipeline being built on their reserve? I mean the pipes weren't installed yet so why protest it? That's the type logic I'm getting from your confusion.

As for your edit: Trump.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I thought people can be whoever they want to be? Except when it annoys the left? Such hypocrisy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join