It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ok, I can play that game too.

'They' are racist, misogynistic pigs and only voted for Trump because he supports their own values and probably wish death on all liberals.

If that doesn't apply to you then ignore it, that doesn't make it any less true though, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

His legacy is marked with genocide, and execution and torture to anyone who opposed him.

The beginning of his reign may not have eluded to what was going to happen but there are very few leaders in modern history who have reflected comparable levels of violence on civilians.

To think a US president could be marked with a legacy of the sorts or Hitler isn't out of the realm of thought but certainly not a talking point to the degree I've heard it in the past few years.

Yes, that situation was very dissimilar in many ways to our current situation. Yet, I think it IS a talking point. Especially in the last few years. Look at our entertainment media, movies, tv shows etc. They are loaded and over loaded with despotism and dictators and mass destruction.

It's not only conservatives who are waking up to the extential threats with which or modern world abounds. Liberals to hear and see these things every day, just like conservatives. Hitles is an easy focal point. To easy, and hence the watered down version of what he and Germany and the German people were all about.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

So, I show support for Donald Trump therefore I've lost the plot? I like what he represents, I like the way he pwns the media and establishment politicians, I like how he wants a relationship with Russia, I like no more nation building, I'd like for ISIS to be gone, not armed.

So yes, he gets my support.......and my criticism when warranted.

Acceptance can be an ugly thing, take this thread for instance.

Supporting Trump was the first time I felt like my vote actually mattered.

edit on 19-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No conservatives wouldn't be going around beating up certain races because HRC won, or torturing disabled kids. That's something that over emotional, uneducated, entitled betas do because they haven't figured out how to expression themselves in a human way.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: underwerks

Protesting injustice huh? Sure they are. Where were they when it was revealed that the IRS was unfairly targeting conservative groups? I could sit here and name several other well-known examples, but you get the point. They are very selective in their definition of injustice therefore impossible to take seriously.

Who is "they"? Surely you don't believe the left is some giagntic mass that all thinks and feels the same and has the same principles?

Show me one group that feels they were fairly targeted by the IRS and I'll show you one group that doesn't exist.

Kind of hard to care about a bunch of people getting audited who if the majority of them had their way would see every safety net you depend on to survive pulled out from under you. When conservatives start getting shot at traffic stops because police are nervous they look like conservatives and god forbid, might be a libertarian, then we can talk.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Because we know that a Republican has NEVER killed or tortured anyone, that's only liberals and Democrats who do those types of things. Republicans are all rainbows and sunshine while liberals are all darkness and rain, right?

Must be boring seeing the world in such a black and white fashion. No middle ground at all, you're either conservative or you're a 'pathetic liberal'.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

No conservatives wouldn't be going around beating up certain races because HRC won, or torturing disabled kids. That's something that over emotional, uneducated, entitled betas do because they haven't figured out how to expression themselves in a human way.

Your prognostic skills must be sharp indeed in order for you to have foreseen potential alternate futures.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

After a long pondering...well, five minutes of distracted thought while running down options for supper tonight to be honest. I have come to the conclusion that the protesting is the realization that Trump might consider his presidency a success and therefore rendering what is being called snowflakes antiquated and useless in the modern Trump era.

In other words the lashing out is a lament to the loss of self. That and Trump doesn't hand out participation trophies so they will have nothing when it is all said and done.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That doesn't make it a talking point for candidates IMO.

That's like tanning frequently, smoking, and engaging in other unhealthy acts and then treating the cancer.

The only reason I said it could be a talking point is because we've responded to terrorism much like Germany did DURING Hitler's rise.
The NSA and mass surveillance.
The patriot act (mainly allowing secret evidence in court, not needing warrants and allowing for the assassination of citizens) .

Those are what are the talking points, not throwing around the idea someone could be the next Hitler with no evidence to support such claims, even if just "talking points" as you eloquently put comparing people to a psychopathic tyrannical dictator and executioner.
edit on 19-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Why shouldn't a politician be judged by his rhetoric? That's exactly what campaign rhetoric is for.

Is it any more reasonable to support Trump based on "certain articulated sounds in combinations" that come out of his mouth than it is to oppose him for the same? Are you similarly dismayed by the abject fawning and predictions of a new "Golden Age?"

Should we not take anything Trump says seriously?

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me! Right? Right?"

A few other quick points:

- It's absurd for a Trump apologist to speak derisively of celebrities as a class when clearly Donald Trump is a celebrity and a man who benefits at least as much and arguably more from celebrity than he does from any does business acumen he may possess. Without his celebrity, Donald Trump wouldn't be getting sworn in tomorrow.

- Something else that is rather absurd:

Meanwhile, limousine liberals such as Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert, who make bank on the hyena’s chatter of their studio audience [...] nary a peep about these injustices from Michael Moore, Mark Ruffalo, or the media, who are too busy virtue-signalling to the like-minded for political currency

"Virtue signalling" Trump supporters with a bit about out-of-touch limousine liberals while accusing them of "virtue signalling." Lmao.

- Then there's this bit:

After all, we live in an age when “the personal is political”— a diss at Rosie O’Donnel is a slur against women in general; terse words about illegal immigrants from Mexico is an insult to all Mexicans; and a tiff with John Lewis is a tiff with the black community as a whole, and other piffle that only a dedicated solipsist could agree with, and agree he does.

Look at any thread I've ever posted critical of Donald Trump and you'll see gaggles of personally offended Trump cult members. "These communities" you speak of are at least as justified as the butthurt members of the tribe of Trumpkins.
edit on 2017-1-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

I'm asking people like you to point it out. Injustice deserves protest and dissent, but there is none around.

Have you heard Trumps own statements? You can't blame people for judging Trump by what comes out of his mouth. There's nothing else to go by at this point.

When the president holds the same attitude as you, that there's no oppression or injustice he should be conscious of in what he says and does, it spells a dark future for the people who experience that oppression on a day to day basis.

Want hard proof of instances of oppression? Injustice? Do a simple search on the way poor people are treated by our "justice" system. But then again, you may not see that as actual oppression because you define it differently than people who have to experience it every day.

So far they are protesting some fantasy of the future, and words, which I already covered. That is not injustice nor oppression.

Is the threatening of the health and safety of those who wanted to perform at the inauguration an injustice?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

I'm asking people like you to point it out. Injustice deserves protest and dissent, but there is none around.

Have you heard Trumps own statements? You can't blame people for judging Trump by what comes out of his mouth. There's nothing else to go by at this point.

When the president holds the same attitude as you, that there's no oppression or injustice he should be conscious of in what he says and does, it spells a dark future for the people who experience that oppression on a day to day basis.

Want hard proof of instances of oppression? Injustice? Do a simple search on the way poor people are treated by our "justice" system. But then again, you may not see that as actual oppression because you define it differently than people who have to experience it every day.

And Trump is responsible for that? Huh, as far as i know he isn't in power yet.

So, as the nice lady asked, what injustice that you are referring to is Trump responsible for?

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Bravo. You were able to muster a retort, none of which contained evidence of injustice or oppression. I place you in the parrot class.

link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I have come to the conclusion that the protesting is the realization that Trump might consider his presidency a success and therefore rendering what is being called snowflakes antiquated and useless in the modern Trump era.

So they are protesting what Trump thinks of himself (his own presidency)?

In other words the lashing out is a lament to the loss of self. That and Trump doesn't hand out participation trophies so they will have nothing when it is all said and done.

Your post is ripe with buzzwords and actually does not make much sense.

link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Look at his business record, I'm sure you'll find plenty of injustices under his watch.

I won't do the research for you though, you can use Google just as easily as I can.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I disagree with nothing that you wrote. I do, however, think there is another underlying issue to some, if not most, of those participating in some of these protests.

Disclaimer: This is largely speculation on my part.

Most people need to have a sense of purpose and/or a connection to something. For my part (and I think this is the same for the majority of people) there are two primary spheres where these needs are fulfilled.

My first connection is my family. I have a wife and a young son and we finally purchased our first home so there is so much psychological/emotional "stuff" there that I have a connection, a purpose. From relationships to little projects to improve our home, there is so much "life" that I am completely fulfilled in this aspect.

The second connection I have is my career in general and my job specifically. I've worked for my current employer for approximately four and a half years and in that time I have grown to be viewed as valuable, just as I've learned to value (some of) the other members of my team.

My suspicion is that many (perhaps most) of the people that join up with these essentially generic protest may not have much else going on in their life and beyond buying into what the mainstream media is selling, they view joining a protest as "belonging" to something outside themselves. In a way it is a substitution for a family or meaningful employment/career.

That is not to say that anyone that doesn't support Trump is a loser. I live in a very blue state and the majority of people I come into contact with were Hillary voters (even if they simply saw her as the lesser of two evils). They have careers and families and although they have their reservations about Trump's presidency, they have a mature and sober, "Lets see what happens" approach.

I am speculating that, based on the limited information I see about "who" actually shows up to these protests, don't have families and/or careers.

End Disclaimer portion of post.

One other aspect of these protests that I find objectionable is the lack of purpose in general. (This may be redundant as you more or less covered this in your OP).

Take the fast-food workers protesting for $15/hour. I'll leave my opinion on the validity of their argument aside for the moment but I will say they were pushing for a specific result. There was essentially a 'yes' or 'no' choice to be made.

These generic protests over the next few days have no actionable outcome. Other than just being generally unhappy with the results of the election, what is it that they are asking for? What action is it they want to see take place?

This second point of mine, in a way, circles back into the first point I made where I really think that the majority of these protesters are, beyond being a bit misguided, have no other perceived purpose.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Exactly how I feel when reading or replying to a Trump supporter. Oh well it will sick in, when his idiocy begins to affect them.

They think that his presidency will only effect dems. Also why do you people calling others snowflake when it is you and Trump now, who react when something negative is said about him.LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Look at his business record, I'm sure you'll find plenty of injustices under his watch.

I won't do the research for you though, you can use Google just as easily as I can.

Welcome to politics, we get the bottom of the barrel.

Name a president who has no skeletons in their closet. And before you say Obama, remember he's bombed more countries than Bush and didn't deliver on most of his promises.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So what you're saying is that Trump isn't any different from other past presidents and politicians?

Thank you for proving my point.

edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

I voted for Trump, not a supporter just anti Hillary.

And she didn't win because the left went around saying if you're not with her than you're stupid, racist, sexist and everything else.

With the looks of your post and many others the left will lose next cycle too.

BTW, how can you be stupid for not liking Hillary smh. She lost to Trump after all, so what does that say?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join