It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

True, and I can't really call the women's march a protest as such, moreso a rally of the diversity of Americans and others, to be seen and voices to be heard and a warning to the new President that 'we the people are the power' and they will not tolerate any human rights being violated.

So which human rights do you/they think are going to be violated?

Let's wait and see.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well the mission statement I quoted in the OP proves that no one is protesting the injustice and tyranny, and you are simply making claims without being able to back them up. But I wouldn't go so far as to call you lazy. Also you can listen to the speeches, none of which mention anything I mentioned. Again, your claims are fabricated from nowhere but within the depths of your feelings.

I never stated I was protesting anything, so I'm not sure why you're asking what I've done to protest them, unless in an attempt to justify your absurd conclusions.

By all means continue with your peaceful protesting, but so far it appears you do not know what you're protesting at all, and probably just following the crowd.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There were no protests in Russia nor Egypt nor Arabia nor China.

That's the beauty of living in free societies with free speech. But no, let's protest our free societies, with no mention of the oppressive ones.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

True, and I can't really call the women's march a protest as such, moreso a rally of the diversity of Americans and others, to be seen and voices to be heard and a warning to the new President that 'we the people are the power' and they will not tolerate any human rights being violated.

Let's wait and see.

Exactly. So what in the world are they protesting for if there isn't anything tangible to point at today?
edit on 22-1-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

So far it looks like they are voicing their concerns from Trump's past racist and misogynistic rhetoric and sending a him a clear message.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i do not think this was ever to be a protest march.
i think it was to be a hillary victory march. when she did not win it morphed into what it was.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

...and you are simply making claims without being able to back them up.

From my first post to you - I said:

On topic though - what the hell are we protesting?

It's a show of solidarity

It's to show we stand opposed to this new administration

This is all you need to know. If this somehow confuses you? Nothing left for me to say

Your think that it's all meaningless, misguided, hypocritical? People don't protest like you would, they don't think like you, believe like you - they're not (according to you) smart enough, moral enough, patriotic enough...mindless

:-)

I don't care - think what you like. I am not so much following a crowd as linking arms and joining in

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I already covered your answer. Tribalism disguised beneath euphemisms of "solidarity". That's not protesting. That's a display of groupthink.

Again, what are they protesting? Not violence, not hatred, not injustice, but their own feelings.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I already covered your answer. Tribalism disguised beneath euphemisms of "solidarity". That's not protesting. That's a display of groupthink.

Again, what are they protesting? Not violence, not hatred, not injustice, but their own feelings.

I do believe they were protesting their feelings, but not their own. Many people have been manipulated emotionally and are being used for a purpose far different to womens rights or any other social issue.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm embarrassed for you .
MY show of solidarity is America's existence.
What THAT was, could ONLY be described as a PSYCHOLOGY failure of epic proportions
edit on 22-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'm embarrassed for you .
MY show of solidarity is America's existence.
What THAT was, could ONLY be described as a PSYCHOLOGY failure of epic proportions

These people, at least some of them, reminded me of the people at Jonestown.
edit on 22/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

And it was tribalism and groupthink that got Trump elected. His supporters voted their feelings, not objective reality. Trump promised them "greatness," whatever that is.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And it was tribalism and groupthink that got Trump elected. His supporters voted their feelings, not objective reality. Trump promised them "greatness," whatever that is.

Probably to an extent, but not with the vehemence one might expect from those marching against the results of an election in a free society, which they were against only months ago when they thought they were going to win.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Trump was very specific on what he offered.
That is what people voted for.

Renegotiated trade deals to improve the terms for American workers.
Bringing back jobs.
Securing the borders.
Conservative Supreme Court Justices.
Lowering Taxes.
Ending Obamacare and replacing with cheaper and more varied options.
Strengthening the Military.
Reducing regulations.

I could reel those off in seconds. You know why? Because they were clear.

Hillary's message?
Trump bad.

That is why Trump won.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Let's wait and see.

Exactly. So what in the world are they protesting for if there isn't anything tangible to point at today?

Because whatever he does will somehow be a breach of "human rights".

Lowering taxes? He's violating their human right to pay more taxes.
Effective healthcare for everyone? He's violating their human right to not have effective healthcare.
The guy could hand out $20 bills on the street corner and they'd complain he's violating their human right not to be given $20 bills.

Stop assuming there is anything he can do which will be "right". The fact that he isn't Clinton or Sanders will automatically make it evil - even though they would applaud Clinton/Sanders for doing exactly the same thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You're not embarrassed for anyone - least of all me

Stay true to yourself then cavtrooper7 - and don't expect any less from me

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I doubt I have a choice.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Probably to an extent, but not with the vehemence one might expect from those marching against the results of an election in a free society, which they were against only months ago when they thought they were going to win.

You are mistaken, they were not marching against the results of an election, but just to make it known that his every move will be scrutinized and judged by the people.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Throes

So far it looks like they are voicing their concerns from Trump's past racist and misogynistic rhetoric and sending a him a clear message.

Rosie O'Donnell is a pig. I agree. Sorry you don't.

We need to make sure we aren't letting in radicalized islamic terrorists or else we will have issues like those that are occurring in the EU due to allowing all refugees in without proper vetting.

Illegal immigrants aren't a race.

So, can you please provide some quotes that Trump said that back your claims?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

LOL try finding a single human on this planet who hasn't said something to be interpreted as misogynistic or racist... It's laughable. The whole situation is disgusting, almost like it was designed! I.E liberal side has so many celebrities in their pocket.. That's no surprise when you use these elevated individuals to use their influence for your agenda! What a joke these puppets are. Madonna should put her mouth where her money is and go blow something up so we can put her in jail for the rest of time. No more self-entitled #-wit celebrities woohoo!

(p.s this isn't aimed at InTheLight in any way fyi)
edit on 22-1-2017 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join