It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I don't think it is a stunt. I think it is a sincere expression, and I have no problem with the protest itself. It is only that I think it is misguided. I am of the opinion that such indignation should be used to fight injustice and tyranny, not feelings and uncertainty.

There are people throughout the western world protesting the inauguration of Trump, political rhetoric, the so-called danger of uncertainty, but remaining silent to tyranny and injustice. Where are the protests against terrorism? Where are the protests against murder and violence? Where are the protests against censorship? Where are the protests against persecution? The stoning of women? The genocides? Crickets.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Hang on, this is how the Saudis treat their women, our allies. It wont take long for women to go back to this. So I would be thank full and aim the rhetoric where its required.www.youtube.com...

Uh, what?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I don't think it is a stunt. I think it is a sincere expression, and I have no problem with the protest itself. It is only that I think it is misguided. I am of the opinion that such indignation should be used to fight injustice and tyranny, not feelings and uncertainty.

There are people throughout the western world protesting the inauguration of Trump, political rhetoric, the so-called danger of uncertainty, but remaining silent to tyranny and injustice. Where are the protests against terrorism? Where are the protests against murder and violence? Where are the protests against censorship? Where are the protests against persecution? The stoning of women? The genocides? Crickets.

Your answer lies in the actions of the media. The tyranny and injustice you mention is barely reported and when it is, it is not a sustained condemnation, hence inaction.
edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It is only that I think it is misguided. I am of the opinion that such indignation should be used to fight injustice and tyranny, not feelings and uncertainty.

Of course. We can't help what you won't see. You speak with authority - but it's still only your opinion

By now - all those that mean to ridicule, attack and condescend should start to clue in. This is so obviously more than a bunch of snowflakes and whiners that are pissed because they didn't get their way. If you haven't noticed - the people involved in this resistance come from all walks of life. While it's about our president and new administration here in the USA - protests are happening all over the world

Work as hard as you might to make it seem senseless - this is bigger than you are willing to admit. I recognize the ridicule and attacks for what they are. Anxiety

Where are the protests against terrorism? Where are the protests against murder and violence? Where are the protests against censorship? Where are the protests against persecution? The stoning of women? The genocides?

You must be joking

edit on 1/21/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I must be joking yet you cannot point out any such protest. I cannot help what you not only won't see, but cannot see, because there is no such protest.

I don't speak with any authority. You do, because you will not use argument nor evidence, only making projections, insults and insinuations. You cannot prove what you say, resorting to emotional appeals and question begging. Your feelings once again take over where your reason should.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: reaganero

Most heterosexual males like vagina. Not seeing a correlation. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Uh oh trump likes p**** he must be a sex offender. Case closed everyone move along.
edit on 21-1-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: reaganero
Oh. Trump won't stay in the White House because the government won't house a sex offender.
You're kidding right?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Spot on mate

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: reaganero
Oh. Trump won't stay in the White House because the government won't house a sex offender.
You're kidding right?

Yes I was. But you know he has stated that he grabs women by the pussy without their consent. He says he likes disturbed teens because they are better in bed.

Yeah he likes women just like most men do but goes about it sort of disturbing don't you think?

Believe me.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: reaganero

he sounds like a gangster rapper lol, the statement was caught on tape, during a male bragging competition and he said, because of the power, he was able, " to grab a woman by the pussy".......
in context it is a nothing issue, the media have created all this nonsense, testosterone makes men beat their chests and brag, its a biological factor in us all, so he said this one thing in 2005, and that is all you have, oh and a guy who has spoken openly about letting his businesses go into bankruptcy so he could consolidate his debts saving him sh!t loads of money LEGALLY!!
the difference with this president is that transparency is far more evident, unlike the previous guys who told you one thing and done another in secret...
Things are gonna change so people better start practising adaptability.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Here - maybe I misunderstood what you're saying:

Where are the protests against terrorism? Where are the protests against murder and violence? Where are the protests against censorship? Where are the protests against persecution? The stoning of women? The genocides?

These are things that we all speak out against - because they're wrong and we all understand they're wrong. If you are trying to make the argument that because some people don't attack these things specifically, when you want them to, and according to your wishes, them somehow they support them? We all know what kind of argument that is - and this is very transparent

When was the last time you actually protested any of these things and didn't only use them as props in an argument?

Do you support BLM? Do you speak out against murder? Do you speak out for women's rights? Those rights include the rights of all women. Women are murdered in this country too you know. Are you trying to say that if I don't speak out against stoning I'm pro-terrorism? You'll have to explain your thinking on that one

Stoning is a trigger. But women - all women - deserve to be protected from so many things in this world that are unjust. How dare those people who want a war on Islam cherry pick atrocities to further their aims

Protests against censorship? Please - be specific. This should be good :-)

Protests against persecution - again - what are you talking about? Genocide?

The absence of specific protests that you name are somehow supposed to prove your argument? Which is what? That these current protests are meaningless?

:-)

You just like to complain

edit on 1/22/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Still nothing, right? Because there are no such protests.

Personally? I would protest in other ways. Marching arm in arm, chanting platitudes is probably the very least someone can do for a cause.

But it's a start. How come they weren't protesting injustice? For instance the rape, slavery and murder of Yazidi women. Maybe a quick March to the Saudi embassies in protest of the way they treat women who are raped. Maybe send a message to those who mutilate their daughter's genitals. But no, Trump speaking is far worse. Let's go protest the results of an election in a free society because we lost.

What about censorship in China? The murdering of bloggers and atheists in Bangladesh? The slow erosion of free speech in the West? Terrorism?

I do like to complain. For the record, that is the first thing you've gotten correct by projecting.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

We need to clean up our own backyard before we go knocking on our neighbour's door.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

We need to clean up our own backyard before we go knocking on our neighbour's door.

The protests yesterday were worldwide. London, Berlin, Montreal. I guess they should have cleaned up their own backyards first. All of that effort and man power for nothing.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There were no protests in Russia nor Egypt nor Arabia nor China.
edit on 22-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Still nothing, right? Because there are no such protests.

If you were paying attention you'd notice that these marches cover all that territory - and more. Just not in a way that you personally prefer:

Personally? I would protest in other ways. Marching arm in arm, chanting platitudes is probably the very least someone can do for a cause.

What is it you're doing about all these things that you think are important? Besides complaining to people about it at ATS? Serious question

I think you are so bothered by this sort of thing that all you're left with is trying to minimize their effect. Not unlike your hero. Condescension? Not a tool that will work in this case

But it's a start. How come they weren't protesting injustice? For instance the rape, slavery and murder of Yazidi women. Maybe a quick March to the Saudi embassies in protest of the way they treat women who are raped. Maybe send a message to those who mutilate their daughter's genitals. But no, Trump speaking is far worse. Let's go protest the results of an election in a free society because we lost.

Perhaps you don't understand that women are protesting these very things. Is this the problem then - that you don't understand, or you pretend that you can't?

What about censorship in China? The murdering of bloggers and atheists in Bangladesh? The slow erosion of free speech in the West? Terrorism?

Now you're just being lazy

Go protest those things your own self- specifically, and in separate marches if those things are important to you

We'll continue here (and around the world) with our peaceful protesting. Those things we see as being most important right now. If it bothers you - then you can protest that. Nobody prevents you

Arm in arm - or in the mirror. Wherever you feel most comfortable and the least threatened

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

There were no protests in Russia nor Egypt nor Arabia nor China.

Worth noting - seriously

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

In fact - women (and men) are fighting for women all over the world. There's no need to try and prove it to Les - he knows it's true

He'd have us fighting and killing Muslims on the pretense that he actually gives a damn about women being stoned to death

Women are regularly killed by some men all over - and it will be women and men working together over a long period of time before we start to see these things change

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

True, and I can't really call the women's march a protest as such, moreso a rally of the diversity of Americans and others, to be seen and voices to be heard and a warning to the new President that 'we the people are the power' and they will not tolerate any human rights being violated.
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago019121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

True, and I can't really call the women's march a protest as such, moreso a rally of the diversity of Americans and others, to be seen and voices to be heard and a warning to the new President that 'we the people are the power' and they will not tolerate any human rights being violated.

So which human rights do you/they think are going to be violated?

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join