It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense
Neither is attempting to speak in boring platitudes. Neither is poor attempts at character assassination and ad hominem.

Sometimes a person is deserving of character assassination. And they were no platitudes. I meant what I said.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Based on their race and gender or gender identification along with qualifications, yes, for the sake of equal representation.

That's called racism, no matter how you try to frame it.

No it is not, it is inclusivity.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It sounds like you are fighting the "good ole" rule of the left. They "claim" they want equality when what they really want is "special" rights.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Sometimes a person is deserving of character assassination. And they were no platitudes. I meant what I said.

You've searched through a lengthy thread for my picture, in order to post it for the sake of ridiculing me, and you still can't seem to get me out of your mouth. It appears I'm living rent-free in your head. Should I send you an autograph?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No thanks, I'd just burn it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

it's ok friend. I suppose following me around like a jealous dog will suffice.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

it's ok friend. I suppose following me around like a jealous dog will suffice.

Whatever is salve for the wound.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Many are protesting because, for their whole lives, they have been told that the advent of Hitler was brought about by the silence of good people when a despot rose to power in their country. They believe that Trump has demonstrated not only by his words but by his actions as a businessman many of the same qualities, or lack, that indicate the same kind of mental disorders they have been told motivated Hitler. They are protesting because the future they see under Trump will sooner or later, most likely sooner, will find us all in a Nazi Germany scenario.

That's a very long-winded way of calling them retarded.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

By observing your conservative behavior, there is either some subtle hatred for me or a subtle crush. Which is it?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

For the moment I'm going to be conservative with my choice of words. No need to discuss, just reflect, that's what good philosophers do.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

For the moment I'm going to be conservative with my choice of words. No need to discuss, just reflect, that's what good philosophers do.

It's a good thing I'm not a philosopher. I'm just a surfer, and a child pretending to be an adult. Socrates would have nothing to do with me. We should discuss—that's what a good conservative would do.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

By observing your conservative behavior, there is either some subtle hatred for me or a subtle crush. Which is it?

I imagine it is somewhere in between...he simply see you for who you are.

BTW - False Dichotomy Fallacy
I enjoy your posts for reminding me of the dishonest ways logical fallacies are employed..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I imagine it is somewhere in between...he simply see you for who you are.

He doesn't know me. He is describing his feelings, like a good conservative.

I enjoy your posts for reminding me of the dishonest ways logical fallacies are employed..

The pleasure is all yours.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If the mass protests, the lamenting celebrities, and the doom-mongering of our fellow posters is any indication, the prophecies and prognostications in regards to the future of the United States under the coming leadership of Donald Trump is grounds for fear and remonstration—and he isn’t even the leader yet. But with the inauguration tomorrow, without the results of the administration with which to make an informed criticism, and upon looking around and seeing no injustice, no tyranny and no oppression, I have to ask these poor dears, “What the hell are you protesting?”

The Woman's March on Washington, a protest that is expected to entice hundreds of thousands of identitarians to the nation’s capitol, gives a hint on their website.

“The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us - immigrants of all statuses, Muslims and those of diverse religious faiths, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual assault - and our communities are hurting and scared. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear.”

These “communities” (a tedious word used to disguise the inherent tribalism and groupthink beneath a veneer of solidarity and brotherly love) are compelled to protest the egregious crime of rhetoric. They are in the business of protesting words. After all, we live in an age when “the personal is political”— a diss at Rosie O’Donnel is a slur against women in general; terse words about illegal immigrants from Mexico is an insult to all Mexicans; and a tiff with John Lewis is a tiff with the black community as a whole, and other piffle that only a dedicated solipsist could agree with, and agree he does. In other words, these identity politicians are immobilizing a mass march of people connected by no more than a coveted yet specious set of specifications, because they happened to hear certain articulated sounds in combinations they do not like.

Meanwhile, limousine liberals such as Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert, who make bank on the hyena’s chatter of their studio audience, seem to think that because celebrities do not want to go to the inauguration (or most likely threatened with sanction and death if they do), it is cause for laughter and ridicule, as if the success of an event was contingent on which of their celebrity friends happened to arrive. The sycophancy in this thinking is not only weird, but proof positive of an out-of-touch media, political class and parroting mob. And to those performers threatened with death for wanting to perform at a presidential inauguration, nary a peep about these injustices from Michael Moore, Mark Ruffalo, or the media, who are too busy virtue-signalling to the like-minded for political currency, right before they engage in mob posturing in order to threaten a democratically elected president.

In short, a question to "The Resistance": What the hell are you protesting again?

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

Trump
Believe me.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Whatever they're protesting, they are getting a heavy dose of tear gas and pepper spray right now. Seems a little early in the day for that, but it's a good indicator of how much more violent the protesters are going to be when night falls.
edit on 20-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: gr

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Whatever they're protesting, they are getting a heavy dose of tear gas and pepper spray right now. Seems a little early in the day for that, but it's a good indicator of how much more violent the protesters are going to be when night falls.

So much for peaceful protests.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Head shots are the quickest.
These are the minion of the left and the left leaders.

Said from your keyboard...
No doubt many a Trumpite shares your sentiment toward protestors...and that is one of the reasons they protest...and you are one of the reasons those protesting always win in the end.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

PERHAPS ANSWERING A QUESTION?
do YOU agree with the protesters or are you still going to play dumbass?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Trump can do a better job as president than I could.

That seems "good enough" for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join