It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Literally the most unlikely thing ever.

Trump is going to establish a totalitarian dictatorship? Why? Where did you pick this up?

What are you talking about? Don't you listen to them at all? Are you so busy listening to those you agree with that you cannot even hear the voices of those you consider your ememies?

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I do listen. All I hear is utter nonsense like "Trump is Hitler".

At least come up with a coherent argument before debating about Trump. There are legitimate things to challenge him on.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They are protesting liberty and freedom because it is not their version of it. They are protesting because they are intolerant of differing opinions and certain aspects of the Constitution.

2 months ago they found something new to be offended about - the Electoral College, so they are probably protesting that as well and just generally wishing death on Trump and all of his supporters.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Trump is going to establish a totalitarian dictatorship? Why? Where did you pick this up?

What are you talking about? Don't you listen to them at all? Are you so busy listening to those you agree with that you cannot even hear the voices of those you consider your ememies?

I guess I missed when Trump said he was going to rid the country of Jews. Would you happen to have a clip of that?

If not I think your comparing apples with hand grenades.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

pathetic liberals

You mean they're like those 'dirty ni**ers' or 'dirty Jews' we used to hear about? That's what I think of when I hear a conservative talk about liberals, racism and prejudice.

Just remember, those 'pathetic liberals' have family and friends just like you. Hell, you might even cut up and joke around with a few without even realizing it. Those 'pathetic liberals' are people just like you and me and have their own flaws just like you and me.

Keep drinking the kool-aid though, the more you hate your fellow Americans the further the establishment's agenda is pushed forward.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You know Hitler built a lot of roads. Therefore everyone who builds roads is literally Hitler.

Death to modern Infrastructure I say. The Fascist scourge must be stopped!!!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: Konduit

Yet another well thought-out post garnering tons of stars. I love what this place had turned into, such a great place for intelligent debate.

/sarcasm

The truth can cut deep, and a picture speaks a thousand words. Every meme is a death by a thousand cuts.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I see you've jumped on the Trump 'star train' that this website has devolved into. I really used to enjoy your contributions but now you have just fallen in line with the Trump circle-jerk.

I miss the old ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I do listen. All I hear is utter nonsense like "Trump is Hitler".

At least come up with a coherent argument before debating about Trump. There are legitimate things to challenge him on.

I am not debating, I am discussing and answering the question in the headline. I offered a reason that many are going to protest, whether their interpretation of reality is valid or not.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Only thing I've heard is enforcing our borders, upholding the law on people who have come into the Country illegally and enforcing fair trade. Don't know how that equates to Hitler.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I guess I missed when Trump said he was going to rid the country of Jews. Would you happen to have a clip of that?

If not I think your comparing apples with hand grenades.

I am not saying Trump is like Hitler. I said the protesters think that, and that is one of the reasons they are protesting. Simple. Yet I have to wonder stinker, is your knowledge of Nazi Germany and the whole Hitler thing so limited that you think it can only be recognized if Jews are being slaughtered?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

I'm asking people like you to point it out. Injustice deserves protest and dissent, but there is none around.

Have you heard Trumps own statements? You can't blame people for judging Trump by what comes out of his mouth. There's nothing else to go by at this point.

When the president holds the same attitude as you, that there's no oppression or injustice he should be conscious of in what he says and does, it spells a dark future for the people who experience that oppression on a day to day basis.

Want hard proof of instances of oppression? Injustice? Do a simple search on the way poor people are treated by our "justice" system. But then again, you may not see that as actual oppression because you define it differently than people who have to experience it every day.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

So, I show support for Donald Trump therefore I've lost the plot? I like what he represents, I like the way he pwns the media and establishment politicians, I like how he wants a relationship with Russia, I like no more nation building, I'd like for ISIS to be gone, not armed.

So yes, he gets my support.......and my criticism when warranted.

Acceptance can be an ugly thing, take this thread for instance.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

One does not have to invoke the name Hitler in order to be concerned (protest) someone like Trump. He bears much more similarity to George Wallace and his campaign that appealed to the basic ignorant instincts of those afraid of people different then themselves.

We would not want someone like George Wallace running the country today. So why would we want Trump either?
edit on 19-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

His legacy is marked with genocide, and execution and torture to anyone who opposed him.

The beginning of his reign may not have eluded to what was going to happen but there are very few leaders in modern history who have reflected comparable levels of violence on civilians.

To think a US president could be marked with a legacy of the sorts or Hitler isn't out of the realm of thought but certainly not a talking point to the degree I've heard it in the past few years.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You can show support without throwing an entire demographic under the bus by implying they want Trump and his supporters killed you know. But hey, comments like that are extremely popular around here these days so collect your stars, maybe one day you can cash them in.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Protesting injustice huh? Sure they are. Where were they when it was revealed that the IRS was unfairly targeting conservative groups? I could sit here and name several other well-known examples, but you get the point. They are very selective in their definition of injustice therefore impossible to take seriously.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

You can show support without throwing an entire demographic under the bus by implying they want Trump and his supporters killed you know. But hey, comments like that are extremely popular around here these days so collect your stars, maybe one day you can cash them in.

Don't feign selective reading comprehension, that demographic I refer to is limited to those folks who wish to categorise themselves as intolerant haters of anything Trump so if that's not you then my post was not referring to you. Understand now?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
In short, a question to "The Resistance": What the hell are you protesting again?

They don't know and don't care as long as money flows, from wherever.

Oligarchy International Inc. spends a lot to keep up the believe that "markets rule everything" and governments are just servants.

Trump is a risk, he could produce evidence that policy rules markets, so they try to get rid of him.

These protesting former leftists (now slaves of some strange identity ideology) believe everything as long as the cash flow works for them.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join