It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
But with the inauguration tomorrow, without the results of the administration with which to make an informed criticism, and upon looking around and seeing no injustice, no tyranny and no oppression, I have to ask, “What the hell are you protesting?”

The people are protesting that we've elected a person who says one thing and does another.

Isn't that what Trump's supporters hated most about Washington?

The people are protesting that we've elected a person who hasn't been fully vetted.

Trump has ties to Russia whether ATS likes it or not. Trump failing to show his tax returns and reveal whether he has any business relationships in Russia should be troubling to every American.

The people are protesting that we've elected a person who is currently under investigation for various levels of fraud through his scam of a university; has numerous sexual harassment charges leveled against him; is sidestepping nepotism laws; conflict of interests laws; and is still being audited by the IRS amongst other agencies.

The people are protesting that we've elected a person who says disgusting things about how he feels he can violate women's personal rights by grabbing them as he sees fit.

Most Republicans have the good sense and decency that "your rights stop where my nose begins."

The people are protesting because they rightfully see Trump is someone who is not fit for the office of the President.

The multiple levels of corruption are plain to see. Military-style oppression is not a requirement to realize a person is an immoral fraud and a con.

You're just looking for a platform for your performance pieces.

Socrates would have nothing to do with you.

Signed,

A Real Conservative (no fan of Obama, no fan of Hillary, and certainly no fan of Trump)

edit on 20-1-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Lack of diversity as in no Latinos selected - 17.6% of the total population.

"Lack of diversity" doesn't mean he is ignoring entire demographics.

Of course it does. Well perhaps not hispanics who will not be ignored, but rather deported.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Plain ideas deserve plain language.

You hit the nail on the head, or should I say you hammered the fastener on the cranium.

Excessive use of vocabulary is a sign of a inferiority complex (my aunt is a psychologist BTW) so if someone doesn't call the play as they see them they flip out. If you'll excuse me i think i'm gonna flip out

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Of course it does. Well perhaps not hispanics who will not be ignored, but rather deported.

For breaking the law, not for being hispanic. And that applies to all illegals, not just the hispanic ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We shall see about that. Now what about the lack of representation for morally consistent Christians - did you read the article I posted?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Excessive use of vocabulary is a sign of a inferiority complex (my aunt is a psychologist BTW) so if someone doesn't call the play as they see them they flip out. If you'll excuse me i think i'm gonna flip out

Being too sensitive is also a sign of a superiority complex. Perhaps you should ask your Aunt about that one.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

We shall see about that. Now what about the lack of representation for morally consistent Christians - did you read the article I posted?

No, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you know what you're talking about, and not simply repeating what you've read somewhere. What's the argument?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

No, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you know what you're talking about, and not simply repeating what you've read somewhere. What's the argument?

You are only repeating what you've read and/or heard, because no actions are realized yet. The discussion is whether or not his cabinet equally represents diversity within the U.S. and I say not even close.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: Indigo5
Trump team wanted tanks, missile launchers in parade. Military says NO

thehill.com...

Cuz it just looks so cool when North Korea does it!

An unnamed source told HuffPo.... now all the other fake news orgs run it and point to HuffPo as the source. This is the definition of the fake news machine.

TRUMP Yesterday

“And we’re going to show the people as we build up our military, we’re going to display our military."

"That military may come marching down Pennsylvania Avenue.
That military may be flying over New York City and Washington, D.C., for parades.
I mean, we’re going to be showing our military," he continued.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

I love parades, the American Legion, the Shriners, school bands, school club and local service group floats. Cookouts, hotdogs, hamburgers and games. Adding our current military would be like a cherry on top of a sunday. Middle America would applaud and cheer our men and women that selflessly protect us.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

A "real conservative" indeed, except one that assumes guilt before innocence, laments the use of words he does not like, and believes specious allegations before due process. Some conservative...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You are only repeating what you've read and/or heard, because no actions are realized yet. The discussion is whether or not his cabinet equally represents diversity within the U.S. and I say not even close.

I've repeated nothing. "Equal representation" would require hiring people based on their race and creed, which is just as discriminatory as refusing to hire people based on race and creed, and for the exact same reasons.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This isn't protesting. This is TERRORISM!

Inauguration Day protests turned violent late Friday morning, as spectators reported being attacked and a police official said demonstrators were vandalizing property and even torched a car.

Liberal terrorists have been attacking visitors to the Inauguration, spitting upon them, causing injury, injured a Police Officer, chained themselves to entrances, temporarily shut down entrances and have even torched a car.

Read more here: FoxNews

Or here: Politico

I expected as much from the criminal liberals and these terrorists who are harming and assaulting Americans, and I'm sure there will be more violence coming. If this is the path you choose...be prepared for the back-lash. Those involved are lucky that there were no guns available to supporters or they could have, and possibly would have been shot. And they would have deserved it!

You better get your group in order because we...the other half of America have had enough. If you think you have a monopoly on violence...at this point you do. But we just may have to create our own monopoly on defense...or revenge.

That is YOUR choice! We aren't starting a war.

PS: I would have linked CNN and/or MSNBC, but of course...not a word from those steering the hate.

edit on 1/20/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/20/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

A "real conservative" indeed, except one that assumes guilt before innocence, laments the use of words he does not like, and believes specious allegations before due process. Some conservative...

It's called the court of using your own brain. The words that escaped his mouth are irrefutable, and asking for proof of innocence when such documents should be easy to be had and backing down does not engender trust. But it's hard to imagine a "surfer dude" like yourself understanding such things. It's quite obvious from the pictures you've publicly shared of yourself you're a child wishing he was an adult.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I've repeated nothing. "Equal representation" would require hiring people based on their race and creed, which is just as discriminatory as refusing to hire people based on race and creed, and for the exact same reasons.

It is inclusive not discriminatory.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's called the court of using your own brain. The words that escaped his mouth are irrefutable, and asking for proof of innocence when such documents should be easy to be had and backing down does not engender trust. But it's hard to imagine a "surfer dude" like yourself understanding such things. It's quite obvious from the pictures you've publicly shared of yourself you're a child wishing he was an adult.

I'm 35, which is adult status from where I've from. But judging by your judgements, which are based on little but the allegations you believe out of hand, or because you've been told to, I suspect your conservatism is as low-quality as your judgement of others.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm 35, which is adult status from where I've from. But judging by your judgements, which are based on little but the allegations you believe out of hand, or because you've been told to, I suspect your conservatism is as low-quality as your judgement of others.

Trusting where no trust is due is not a sign of intelligence or wisdom.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Do you believe people should people be given jobs based on their race?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Do you believe people should people be given jobs based on their race?

Based on their race and gender or gender identification along with qualifications, yes, for the sake of equal representation.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Trusting where no trust is due is not a sign of intelligence or wisdom.

Neither is attempting to speak in boring platitudes. Neither is poor attempts at character assassination and ad hominem.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Based on their race and gender or gender identification along with qualifications, yes, for the sake of equal representation.

That's called racism, no matter how you try to frame it.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join