It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: zosimov

Hmmm...

Perhaps the thing that unites them, is that there ought not be a single thing you cannot change with peaceful protest. But as shown, repeatedly throughout recent history, you cannot stop war, you cannot stop the spread of corporatism, you cannot stop government from bailing out banks, and you cannot stop government from holding political prisoners, despite the very act being illegal, you cannot prevent the destruction of the natural world and you cannot prevent the rise of the extreme right by peaceful protest either.

You know, its funny... I was sure that the people of the US had a second amendment in their constitution for a reason, but I am damned if I ever heard of an instance where anyone ever used it for what it was designed for.

True I hope I am just misunderstanding you....are you suggesting that they use guns in protest of Trump?
Wow, I am just speechless right now. The American people voted and Trump was elected and you want to over throw the elected President with guns and violence...unbelievable.
Go hang out wit

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Of course not.

What I am saying, is that for all that I support their right to peaceful protest, they must be aware after the number of occasions that peaceful protest achieved NOTHING in the last twenty or so years, like with the war, with the Wall Street protests and the banking bailouts, that they are on a hiding to nothing. And there were instances over the last twenty years, where it was perfectly clear the United States had been hijacked from out under the people, by a government not owned by and controlled by the people, for the people, but by the few, wielded over the many. And not a damn thing was ever done to stop any of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: network dude

But in this case, what is it you want? A new president?

I think it has more to do with letting the new President know that he is not as popular as he imagines himself to be.

How popular does he imagine himself to be?
I suspect that winning the election gave him a good clue to that, but I am not really sure what he imagines...

He imagines that the majority of the country likes him.
He imagines himself to be smarter than all the generals, for example. Just ask him.

Wow, that's a rare and unique gift you have there, the ability to know what's in a person's imagination. Can you also do psychic readings, read minds??

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When does the "coronation" start?
I can´t watch TV right now(too much Trump and USA, USA, USA), but i don´t wanna miss if there is a Petsy that executes him with several shots from several positions...
That would be history live and i don´t wanna miss it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i share your views, and made a post like this although not as good

i said the reason stars were maybe against Trump was because they may have felt he threatened their status, although i like your take, threatened with being "sanctioned and death". There have been some mutterings of Hollywood bigwigs offing stars at will, and i often wonder how this conspiracy isn't more prevalent on the forums as there is a sh!t load of mysterious deaths of actors in their prime, i often think we should pay more attention of the things with substance but are less spoke of. I remember finding on the net a legit story about a man who was the son of a powerful business man, who ran pedo rings
selling children etc...... The case went to court and the man got probation, i Sh!t you not probation for the worst sort of crime, the judge cited that "because of his status he wouldn't fare well in prison"..... eh. but thats not the best/worst part,
the case i am talking about i can't find anywhere, its as if it has been deleted from the internet, yes powerful people are doing as they like, and getting away with it.

im sure they were british also but i can't remember much more, it would be great if someone knew what i was talking about to see if i could find the article again.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
On these protests, I think it's unfortunate that so many people find their motivation to get involved after the process is complete and they don't like the outcome. As long as relatively organized lawful and peaceful, people should be able to express themselves however they wish. It's one of if not the only rights we have in this country worthy of fighting for.

I also think it's unfortunate that the process so often produces candidates that are so polarizing so many people find themselves "on the fence" and feel undecided, and having to choose between two candidates of which neither seem worthy to them. In this last election cycle for example I personally encountered more people "on the fence" than openly supporting one or the other.

In short, I wish all of these people so upset with the outcome, in the future will find a way to discover that passion and put their energy into getting more involved in the process long before it is complete. That is where the only real change in this country can come from.

Protesting afterward is ultimately pointless.

imo

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It seems like a lot of people are forgetting this is a conspiracy website.
CLINTON WAS THE ESTABLISHMENT PICK

SHE LOST AND CRIED

it would be the same here if Ron Paul was the nominee and actually won. Right now we feel like we actually won.
We did not go along with the narrative and parroted ballot choice that was made for us on nightly news.
Get used to it or find another board.
Trump is the man right now.
He is literally a walking conspiracy.
Either for or against.
But I will say, if Hollywood hates him that's good for me.
I remember how they all fell in line and ostracized anyone condemning the war in Iraq and the Bush war movement.
Trump, baby

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

According to the latest Rasmussen poll, the majority of the country do view him favourably

Your latest Rasputin Poll is the only one then - because he's tanking everywhere else

As for the generals under Obama, clearly the results tell you they are idiots OR not allowed to do their jobs, so fair play for calling them out. No need for imagination. Now he gets to put his own generals in.

I know this makes you happy

You think people are protesting now? If it doesn't happen now, later might be too late
edit on 1/20/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: UKTruth

According to the latest Rasmussen poll, the majority of the country do view him favourably

Your latest Rasputin Poll is the only one then - because he's tanking everywhere else

As for the generals under Obama, clearly the results tell you they are idiots OR not allowed to do their jobs, so fair play for calling them out. No need for imagination. Now he gets to put his own generals in.

I know this makes you happy

You think people are protesting now? If it doesn't happen now, later might be too late

Polls cited by the left = fake news
Polls cited by the right = factual

It's blindingly obvious that the majority of people think he's a creep and a crook. Doesn't make you pro hillary to acknowledge that trump is inherently unlikeable. His entire life is desperate defensiveness, attacking anyone who doesn't support him, and humble-brags to try and make himself look better. There is absolutely nothing likeable about him as a personality.
edit on 20-1-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If Republicans do not allow the 60 vote rule in the Senate then the Republicans can finally outlaw abortion. That's should generate some protesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I think it has more to do with letting the new President know that he is not as popular as he imagines himself to be.

Like the country making it clear, through protest, that laws against racial discrimination were not popular.

Like the country making it clear, through protest, that the war in Viet Nam was not popular.

That seems to me a better answer. I only wish they would admit that this whole charade is a popularity contest. I suppose today we will see if the cool kids are as cool as they think they are.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

It seems like a lot of people are forgetting this is a conspiracy website. CLINTON WAS THE ESTABLISHMENT PICK SHE LOST AND CRIED it would be the same here if Ron Paul was the nominee and actually won. Right now we feel like we actually won. We did not go along with the narrative and parroted ballot choice that was made for us on nightly news. Get used to it or find another board. Trump is the man right now. He is literally a walking conspiracy. Either for or against. But I will say, if Hollywood hates him that's good for me. I remember how they all fell in line and ostracized anyone condemning the war in Iraq and the Bush war movement. Trump, baby

A conspiracy to me would be a group of people mindlessly following a cult of personality, lashing out at anybody that disagreed with them while they themselves twist as much logic as possible to justify not questioning their leader. But what do I know

edit on 20-1-2017 by Speedtek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

he isn’t even the leader yet.

Is that the bottom line of the rambling OP?

As President Elect has he not appointed a portion of his cabinet and put forth a number of Nominees?

Like Rep. Tom Price for Health and Human Services? Who as a legislator invested in an obscure medical company and then within days introduced a bill that everyone agrees was virtually designed to profit that company?

Or Steven Mnuchin, Trump's Nominee for Treasury and Former Goldman Sachs banker who made a killing foreclosing on people during the housing crisis? Infamously he foreclosed on a 90 year old woman for a 27 cent payment error?

Steven Mnuchin's OneWest filed to take a 90-year-old woman's house after a 27-cent payment error.
www.politico.com...

Or who admitted to "forgetting" to include 100M in assets and off shore bank accounts in his disclosures for consideration.
Treasury nominee initially omitted more than $100 million from disclosures
www.washingtonpost.com... /?utm_term=.5a1479241070

Or Rick Perry accepting a nomination as Energy Secretary while...well..just being too stupid.

‘Learning Curve’ as Rick Perry Pursues a Job He Initially Misunderstood

When President-elect Donald J. Trump offered Rick Perry the job of energy secretary five weeks ago, Mr. Perry gladly accepted, believing he was taking on a role as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry that he had long championed in his home state.

In the days after, Mr. Perry, the former Texas governor, discovered that he would be no such thing — that in fact, if confirmed by the Senate, he would become the steward of a vast national security complex he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.

www.nytimes.com...

Frankly this list is endless...I could fill pages with the horrible choices the President Elect has made thus far. From nominating corrupt and incompetent people to twittering about actresses

The idea people have nothing to protest about Trump's decisions is not even dishonest, it is so ridiculous an argument it doesn't even qualify as fallacy.

What is plan B for the right-wing excuse factory?

Cuz the spaghetti thin thread of BS you have been clinging to "he's not President yet...so shut your eyes"?...That goes away in a matter of hours.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

It seems like a lot of people are forgetting this is a conspiracy website. CLINTON WAS THE ESTABLISHMENT PICK SHE LOST AND CRIED it would be the same here if Ron Paul was the nominee and actually won. Right now we feel like we actually won. We did not go along with the narrative and parroted ballot choice that was made for us on nightly news. Get used to it or find another board. Trump is the man right now. He is literally a walking conspiracy. Either for or against. But I will say, if Hollywood hates him that's good for me. I remember how they all fell in line and ostracized anyone condemning the war in Iraq and the Bush war movement. Trump, baby

A conspiracy to me would be a group of people mindlessly following a cult of personality, lashing out at anybody that disagreed with them while they themselves twist as much logic themselves to not question their leader. But what do I know

...not the meaning of "conspiracy".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Polls cited by the left = fake news Polls cited by the right = factual

Right?

I wonder what the polls will say a year from now?

Putin gets 90%

Poll: Trump approval rating hits new low hours before inauguration

The survey from Fox News showed that 37 percent of Americans approve of Trump ahead of his inauguration, while 54 percent do not.

So conflicted... :-)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

A conspiracy to me would be a group of people mindlessly following a cult of personality, lashing out at anybody that disagreed with them while they themselves twist as much logic themselves to not question their leader. But what do I know

...not the meaning of "conspiracy".

On the contrary, it is exactly the meaning of "conspiracy". The full on assault to quash the opposing view point, the cognitive dissonance to deny what is right in front of your face in video. I would say that it is a perfect example.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

As President Elect has he not appointed a portion of his cabinet and put forth a number of Nominees?

Like Rep. Tom Price for Health and Human Services? Who as a legislator invested in an obscure medical company and then within days introduced a bill that everyone agrees was virtually designed to profit that company?

Or Steven Mnuchin, Trump's Nominee for Treasury and Former Goldman Sacks banker who made a killing foreclosing on people during the housing crisis? Infamously he foreclosed on a 90 year old woman for a 27 cent payment error?

Steven Mnuchin's OneWest filed to take a 90-year-old woman's house after a 27-cent payment error.
www.politico.com...

Or who admitted to "forgetting" to include 100M in assets and off shore bank accounts in his disclosures for consideration.

Or Rick Perry accepting a nomination as Energy Secretary while...well..just being too stupid.

When President-elect Donald J. Trump offered Rick Perry the job of energy secretary five weeks ago, Mr. Perry gladly accepted, believing he was taking on a role as a global ambassador for the American oil and gas industry that he had long championed in his home state.

In the days after, Mr. Perry, the former Texas governor, discovered that he would be no such thing — that in fact, if confirmed by the Senate, he would become the steward of a vast national security complex he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.

www.nytimes.com...

Frankly this list is endless...I could fill pages with the horrible choices the President Elect has made thus far. From nominating corrupt and incompetent people to twittering about actresses

The idea people have nothing to protest about Trump's decisions is not even dishonest, it is so ridiculous an argument it doesn't even qualify as fallacy.

Cuz the spaghetti thin thread of BS you have been clinging to "he's not President yet...so shut your eyes"?...That goes away in a matter of hours.

At least you're honest. But We all know and have known for some time that those of your ideological compartment do not protest injustice, tyranny, oppression, but those who have different beliefs. We all know that these people are protesting people they do not like. We all knew that these people are bigots, but it's refreshing to hear it admitted.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Or Steven Mnuchin, Trump's Nominee for Treasury and Former Goldman Sacks banker who made a killing foreclosing on people during the housing crisis? Infamously he foreclosed on a 90 year old woman for a 27 cent payment error?

www.politico.com...

www.nytimes.com...

At least you're honest. But We all know and have known for some time that those of your ideological compartment do not protest injustice, tyranny, oppression, but those who have different beliefs. We all know that these people are protesting people they do not like. We all knew that these people are bigots, but it's refreshing to hear it admitted.

Your BS rhetoric reads like Trump's, but with a thesaurus nearby...

"Many people are saying...."

Ad Populum...

The citizenry is more intelligent than you give them credit for...
edit on 20-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

www.politico.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Your rhetoric reads like Trump's, but with a thesaurus nearby...

Ad Populum...

Indeed they are, which is why Trump was elected.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

www.politico.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Your BS rhetoric reads like Trump's, but with a thesaurus nearby...

Ad Populum...

...unless they have different beliefs than you. Then they are s###t, deserving of slander, threat and protest.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join