It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude

But in this case, what is it you want? A new president?

I think it has more to do with letting the new President know that he is not as popular as he imagines himself to be.

How popular does he imagine himself to be?
I suspect that winning the election gave him a good clue to that, but I am not really sure what he imagines...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I think it has more to do with letting the new President know that he is not as popular as he imagines himself to be.

Like the country making it clear, through protest, that laws against racial discrimination were not popular.
Like the country making it clear, through protest, that the war in Viet Nam was not popular.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I suspect that winning the election gave him a good clue to that, but I am not really sure what he imagines...

He imagines that the majority of the country likes him.
He imagines himself to be smarter than all the generals, for example. Just ask him.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Meanwhile, limousine liberals such as Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert, who make bank on the hyena’s chatter of their studio audience, seem to think that because celebrities do not want to go to the inauguration (or most likely threatened with sanction and death if they do),

Four years of this hateful, deceitful rhetoric is exactly what is being protested. If someone sees Trump for what he is, a boastful, deceitful narcissist, and speaks up, to Trump's supporters there is not only denial, but a paranoid belief that anyone who does not agree with them must be doing so under threat of death.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a country where political disagreements and death threats get mentioned in the same breath. Do you?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Getting their point across. It's really very simple. Agree, or not, that's all there is to it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He imagines that the majority of the country likes him.
He imagines himself to be smarter than all the generals, for example. Just ask him.

According to the latest Rasmussen poll, the majority of the country do view him favourably, so I could see why he would think that.
As for the generals under Obama, clearly the results tell you they are idiots OR not allowed to do their jobs, so fair play for calling them out. No need for imagination. Now he gets to put his own generals in.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I have to ask these poor dears, “What the hell are you protesting?”

So I take it you are clueless about Trumps history? The man is nothing but a con artist and a business failure that learned how to make money from bankruptcies.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Meanwhile, limousine liberals such as Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert, who make bank on the hyena’s chatter of their studio audience, seem to think that because celebrities do not want to go to the inauguration (or most likely threatened with sanction and death if they do),

Four years of this hateful, deceitful rhetoric is exactly what is being protested. If someone sees Trump for what he is, a boastful, deceitful narcissist, and speaks up, to Trump's supporters there is not only denial, but a paranoid belief that anyone who does not agree with them must be doing so under threat of death.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a country where political disagreements and death threats get mentioned in the same breath. Do you?

What hateful and deceitful rhetoric are you talking about?
I only hear such rhetoric from protesters frothing at the mouth with no clear argument.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If the mass protests, the lamenting celebrities, and the doom-mongering of our fellow posters is any indication, the prophecies and prognostications in regards to the future of the United States under the coming leadership of Donald Trump is grounds for fear and remonstration—and he isn’t even the leader yet. But with the inauguration tomorrow, without the results of the administration with which to make an informed criticism, and upon looking around and seeing no injustice, no tyranny and no oppression, I have to ask these poor dears, “What the hell are you protesting?”

The Woman's March on Washington, a protest that is expected to entice hundreds of thousands of identitarians to the nation’s capitol, gives a hint on their website.

“The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us - immigrants of all statuses, Muslims and those of diverse religious faiths, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual assault - and our communities are hurting and scared. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear.”

These “communities” (a tedious word used to disguise the inherent tribalism and groupthink beneath a veneer of solidarity and brotherly love) are compelled to protest the egregious crime of rhetoric. They are in the business of protesting words. After all, we live in an age when “the personal is political”— a diss at Rosie O’Donnel is a slur against women in general; terse words about illegal immigrants from Mexico is an insult to all Mexicans; and a tiff with John Lewis is a tiff with the black community as a whole, and other piffle that only a dedicated solipsist could agree with, and agree he does. In other words, these identity politicians are immobilizing a mass march of people connected by no more than a coveted yet specious set of specifications, because they happened to hear certain articulated sounds in combinations they do not like.

Meanwhile, limousine liberals such as Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert, who make bank on the hyena’s chatter of their studio audience, seem to think that because celebrities do not want to go to the inauguration (or most likely threatened with sanction and death if they do), it is cause for laughter and ridicule, as if the success of an event was contingent on which of their celebrity friends happened to arrive. The sycophancy in this thinking is not only weird, but proof positive of an out-of-touch media, political class and parroting mob. And to those performers threatened with death for wanting to perform at a presidential inauguration, nary a peep about these injustices from Michael Moore, Mark Ruffalo, or the media, who are too busy virtue-signalling to the like-minded for political currency, right before they engage in mob posturing in order to threaten a democratically elected president.

In short, a question to "The Resistance": What the hell are you protesting again?

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

Those protesters are free to exercise their rights
I think that the better question to ask is,..."what the hell are you trying to achieve and is that the best method to do so? By making a nuisance of yourself in public?"
edit on 20-1-2017 by JD163 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JD163

Why not?

It keeps the subject, what ever it is, in the public eye. Since these protests Saturday, the several hundred women one is anyway, bring the topic of womens rights on the global scene into a more public light, I fail to see what's bad about it, frankly.

The cause is just, and worthy. As long as the protest/march is peaceful, they can do it every damned Saturday from here to the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We do remember what polls are actually worth, don't we? Remember November's polls?

Figure it's probably about 1:1. Call it fifty percent, and that'll probably be fairly accurate.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

According to the latest Rasmussen poll, the majority of the country do view him favourably, so I could see why he would think that.

What's the weather like on the planet you live on?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Now he gets to put his own generals in.

"His own generals?" How can you not see how ominous that sounds?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Oh look, another thread full of insecure old white straight males labeling everyone disagreeing as liberal or snowflake. I bet that,most of you throwing the word liberal around as an insult, were yelling communist at everyone disagreeing back in the younger days. Hilarious

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Literally the most unlikely thing ever.

Trump is going to establish a totalitarian dictatorship? Why? Where did you pick this up?

Buzzfeed/WaPo.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: JD163

Why not?

It keeps the subject, what ever it is, in the public eye. Since these protests Saturday, the several hundred women one is anyway, bring the topic of womens rights on the global scene into a more public light, I fail to see what's bad about it, frankly.

The cause is just, and worthy. As long as the protest/march is peaceful, they can do it every damned Saturday from here to the end of the world.

Of course they are free to do as they pleased,..On the cause being just and worthy, that depends on who you ask and obviously subjective......but by being repetitive on issues that not everyone agrees with might cause compassion fatigue,...you fade into the background as people are used to your antics. There is a difference between raising awareness and being in someone's face trying to force the issue and demanding that everyone who does not agree needs to get in line.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

...and with others labeling those who disagree as old, straight, white males. Is there a difference there?

One's as derogatory as the other when used in your context.

Except for me, I am an older, straight white male...not old, just older.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I have to ask these poor dears, “What the hell are you protesting?”

So I take it you are clueless about Trumps history? The man is nothing but a con artist and a business failure that learned how to make money from bankruptcies.

Today that man will become "nothing but" president of the United States of America. All of the dirty politics before that moment will not change that fact.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
They are protesting someone who's going to take a lot of money away from millions of people to give it to a few spoiled business people that already have more than they need. They are protesting the end of the American ideals of equality and freedom which are going to be replaced by a fascist, feudalistic society. They may even be protesting for our planet, which is going to be ravaged by hordes of amoral business people.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hmmm...

Perhaps the thing that unites them, is that there ought not be a single thing you cannot change with peaceful protest. But as shown, repeatedly throughout recent history, you cannot stop war, you cannot stop the spread of corporatism, you cannot stop government from bailing out banks, and you cannot stop government from holding political prisoners, despite the very act being illegal, you cannot prevent the destruction of the natural world and you cannot prevent the rise of the extreme right by peaceful protest either.

You know, its funny... I was sure that the people of the US had a second amendment in their constitution for a reason, but I am damned if I ever heard of an instance where anyone ever used it for what it was designed for.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Wow. That's bad.

Fairly sure it won't be quite that bad--won't be sunshine and daisies (though I could handle that, I like daisies)--but it's not going to be rapacious hordes of mongol business types, either.

That was an impressive rhetorical flourish, though!!

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join