It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Of course we can. It relates back to the whole notion of Freedom of expression.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter the why of it. They could be protesting that ice is actually not usually frozen water, and it wouldn't matter in the slightest. But I, and everyone else, certainly have the right to ask why. If we don't, how are we supposed to know?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: fencesitter85
It's not up to you to question people's motives for exercising their constitutional right to free speech.

Another thin skinned snowflake thread. Triggered because someone upset your Dear Leader. Awww.

Not very original, but I suppose there is some catharsis in simply repeating what others have said a thousand times before you. No wonder we have an indoctrinated populace.

So the satire was wasted I see. My post was virtually identical to half the posts attacking non trump supporters in every thread for the last few months.

And if I was one of your people I'd just reply with a crying baby and call you "butthurt"

So you see how frustrating it is trying to have a debate on ats?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Try posting outside the mudpit. Just an idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It's not up to you to question people's motives for exercising their constitutional right to free speech.

Another thin skinned snowflake thread. Triggered because someone upset your Dear Leader. Awww.

Not very original, but I suppose there is some catharsis in simply repeating what others have said a thousand times before you. No wonder we have an indoctrinated populace.

So the satire was wasted I see. My post was virtually identical to half the posts attacking non trump supporters in every thread for the last few months.

And if I was one of your people I'd just reply with a crying baby and call you "butthurt"

Not frustrating at all in the ol' Mud pit. But if you're fishing for debate, calling them names isn't a great place to start.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Not frustrating at all in the ol' Mud pit. But if you're fishing for debate, calling them names isn't a great place to start.

I'm talking in general terms. Every damn thread is full of it. Expressed an opinion? Snowflake! Defended your position? Butthurt! Etc etc. Endless. Obviously it's not all of you any more than SJWs represent all of the left, but the vocal minority ruin it for everyone else as usual.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

(REWORDING) so YOU agree Trump IS NOT like HITLER?

Sorry, I have not entered this thread to voice my opinions on Trump. The original OP was about what the protesters are thinking. I am not protesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'm talking in general terms. Every damn thread is full of it. Expressed an opinion? Snowflake! Defended your position? Butthurt! Etc etc. Endless. Obviously it's not all of you any more than SJWs represent all of the left, but the vocal minority ruin it for everyone else as usual.

I agree. Name-calling is the basest form of propaganda. Especially "snowflake". I ranted about it here and here, if you would care to take a read.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: xEphon
Honestly I think the biggest reason that people oppose Trump and are protesting is simply due to the fact that, as a decent human being, he just sucks. That isn't some "Fake News liberal media spin" that's a DJT twitter verified fact.

I'm all for standing up for America but not at the expense of bullying your fellow Americans, and that's what it's come to.
Trump and many ( not all ) of his supporters really are the epitome of the "if you're not with us you're against us" mentality which has existed in the alt-right echo chamber for years now. Combine this rhetoric with Trumps cult of personality distain for anything, well, everything not Trump approved, and you have the powder keg which is the Trump presidency.

Trump is the reason people are protesting. And Trump is the reason it will not go away. He simply won't let it.

Isn't that like, just your opinion dude? Like opinions are like assholes, everybody has one?

Some stinkier than others, I believe.

Being entitled to an opinion doesn't make you right by any means, right?

Explain your opinion on why he sucks.

Is this post a mandela effect? I feel I've answered this before.

With us or against us was Bush. Nice try.

Trump is more "with us or be left behind coz you will only diminish yourselves to the point of irrelevancy if you aren't with us but you will still make out better than you even imagined because you have no clue how to run things."

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Honestly I think the biggest reason that people oppose Trump and are protesting is simply due to the fact that, as a decent human being, he just sucks. That isn't some "Fake News liberal media spin" that's a DJT twitter verified fact.

I'm all for standing up for America but not at the expense of bullying your fellow Americans, and that's what it's come to.
Trump and many ( not all ) of his supporters really are the epitome of the "if you're not with us you're against us" mentality which has existed in the alt-right echo chamber for years now. Combine this rhetoric with Trumps cult of personality distain for anything, well, everything not Trump approved, and you have the powder keg which is the Trump presidency.

Trump is the reason people are protesting. And Trump is the reason it will not go away. He simply won't let it.

Isn't that like, just your opinion dude? Like opinions are like assholes, everybody has one?

Trump is more "with us or be left behind coz you will only diminish yourselves to the point of irrelevancy if you aren't with us but you will still make out better than you even imagined because you have no clue how to run things."

You're deluded. Trump goes after anyone who speaks out against him like they killed his dog or something. He's the definition of divisive.

And he's a cock.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Do YOU always respond incorrectly ?
WHY ARE YOU PROTESTING ,YOU.
THAT is what we discuss.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You're deluded. Trump goes after anyone who speaks out against him like they killed his dog or something. He's the definition of divisive.

And he's a cock.

People go after him for stuff he didn't even say or do.

I kick ass too.

Don't you?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

Everything you said about liberals you can replace with the word conservative, and it'll be just as true.

With that said, what better time to protest than now? A reality TV star convinced half the country he represents something "new" while filling his cabinet with people that hold 50 year old bad ideas.

People are ready to watch the country burn before they'll admit they've been played. I'd say some protest and good ol fashioned civil disobedience is right on time.

I'm not saying that you are correct...but look at the world 50 years ago before you bad-mouth the ideas. A family could buy a home for about one year's salary, one parent would stay home and raise the children, one salary was more than enough to live (not just survive), we were an extremely wealthy and powerful country respected (or feared), even counting inflation everything was cheaper and affordable, interest rates were about 10% on your savings account, etc.

Sure...there were some problems but most of them STILL haven't been solved, but all the good stuff has gone into the trash. So I'm not sure that 50 year old ideas are such a bad thing...even though I don't agree that is all Trump has to offer.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

And he's a cock.

Allow me to correct that for you:
"Trump goes after anyone who speaks out against him like a man. He's the definition of manliness. And he has a cock like I wish I did."

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I see you've jumped on the Trump 'star train' that this website has devolved into. I really used to enjoy your contributions but now you have just fallen in line with the Trump circle-jerk.

I miss the old ATS.

You do realize there is also an Obama circle jerk. All I'm seeing is the same debate, talking points used by one group being used by the other group now. The same points they used to debate against they are now using. Kind of funny.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Agreed

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: avgguy

Well this is the first time they have been told no.

Simple truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yes. He is a dick. Isn't he?

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

In short, a question to "The Resistance": What the hell are you protesting again?

The worst of history repeating itself?

I get protesting for better lunches, colder beer, later bed time. But in this case, what is it you want? A new president? Cool, you can even stay home for this one. Wait 4 years and vote.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But in this case, what is it you want? A new president?

I think it has more to do with letting the new President know that he is not as popular as he imagines himself to be.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Protest usually has a desired outcome. What is the desired outcome with this?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join