It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You know what, words do manipulate me to some extent as they do you and everyone else. To what extent is the issue.

Think of a red balloon.

You thought of a red balloon didn't you?

Yes I did, but not until after I manipulated the word, not the other way around. Words are an extension of thought. Your words are an extension of your thoughts, not my own.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
You ask...

So then I will wait for you to provide me where in the OP it states that the protestor's think like Hitler.
The OP does not state that the protestors think like Hitler and I have no idea why you think I said that.

You then go on to misquote me by saying this.

as a businessman many of the same qualities, or lack, that indicate the same kind of mental disorders they have been told motivated Hitler.

when what I really said was

They believe that Trump has demonstrated not only by his words but by his actions as a businessman many of the same qualities

Then, you ask who are 'they'... They, are the protesters. The op asked what the protesting was about. Yes or no? I answered with my idea of why they, see, there it is again, they,,,, of what they are thinking. Do you understand yet? You seem to be thinking one thing while I am saying something else, as exemplified by your misquote as shown above.

And why you might sink really low and say something like Orwellian or evn Goebbles, I do not know unless for your own reason you are equating me with either of them.

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 22:51:14 -0600Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:51:14 -060017012017-01-19T22:51:14-06:001000000051 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

link   

In what way did you manipulate the word? Because the word is what led you to thinking of it.

link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

but then you conveniently overlooked your own words, why am I not surprised?

They look at his past and see what a terrible human

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

How does that quote cause any kind of contradiction? They looked at his past and saw what kind of person he was and decided to vote Hillary because of what kind of person he is. Voting Hillary in spite of Trump, exactly as I said.

Who exactly is it you are debating here?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

In what way did you manipulate the word? Because the word is what led you to thinking of it.

Once the word enters my domain it is under my sovereignty. First manipulated by my eyes, my experiences, my memories, before being brought to image in my imagination. These are my manipulations, not yours nor the words.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

What are you even talking about? I'm the one who put it in your 'domain' to start with and me saying it is what led you to thinking of it. The word I typed out manipulated your brain into thinking about it. That's how reading works, you visualize things after you read them.

This is completely off-topic and I see that you are refusing to admit you are wrong, as usual.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

the words speak for themselves - everyone can look at your posts & mine and make there own minds up. Do you think throwing in the word "Advent" gives you a free pass?

Many are protesting because, for their whole lives, they have been told that the advent of Hitler was brought about by the silence of good people when a despot rose to power in their country

Are you kidding me here? Are you just goofing? Throughout this conversation you claim I said things that I did not say. You claim I make slurs which I did not make. Then you even go to the extent to MISQUOTE me and make veiled accusations at me. Are you so self centered that you even think anyone else is reading these posts between us? Really?

And finally, for some reason you now have misquoted me again by saying that I said 'Advent' when I only used 'advent' in a sentence. And why you suppose that for some reason that I would believe that in using that word, 'advent' that it would somehow give me a pass is, well, I just don't know.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For the chatty, back slapping, high fiving, facebook and ATS anarchists...
Step away from yourself.
It is not about you and people who think like you.
It's about us.
That includes people you don't agree with.

Give the The President Of The United States a chance.

We elected him.
US.

He is your President.
You saying he's not your President doesn't change the fact that he is.

Some of you would like to see our country fail because you want to be right.

edit on 2017-01-19T23:03:36-06:002201719America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Hitler started an entire genocide simply from the words he spoke

No the "actions" of those following his "orders" (written words) started the genocide.

en.wikipedia.org...'re_either_with_us,_or_against_us

An example would be the former US President George W. Bush, who famously used the phrase after 9/11 at the launch of his anti-terrorism campaign in the form "Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."[1]

Were you "against them" (the Bush regime) and by Bushes logic a "terrorist"?
See how anyone can play the word game?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yet those actions would have never occurred in the way they did if Hitler had not spoken those orders to begin with. His words are what spurred those actions to become a reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

HANG on ,I READ about your vaunted HISTORY claim, bub, HOW the hell can a CORPORAL (Military) and an artist/Author(NO money ,capacity to make it by hisself) Syphlitic (Trump hasn't had that)
and yet YOU are spinning a BILLIONAIRE to being EQUATED to THAT.
COULD it be ,YOU may be weeping a bitter tear of DENIAL?
In CASE you missed it AND ALL HAVE , WE didn't respond to ANY POLLS we kept quiet when asked by media and WE CHOSE to ambush the Progs .
Tea Party as in.
AS too the Donald going Hitler ...I would LOVE to see a wager from someone on that.
I would equate the DNC followers to zombified citizens hypnotized by their cell phones that caused a great deal of this....MAYBE they should learn to LOOK around more so they aren't so EASY to blind side.

I believe you misread me . The OP asked what the protesting was about, what they were thinking and I replied with what I think many of them are thinking. Read my post again please.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Your meaning was clear from what I read, people have a bad habit of twisting what someone says into what they want them to say around here. Don't sweat it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So now you are calming down...they are asking not protesting....lol

They are asking that Trump not become president. I've answered your question SEVERAL times, you just refuse to accept it. It doesn't matter whether it will work or not

May I ask what is the point...the election is over. How can he not become President - what are they setting out to to be achieve?

About as silly as being in a car crash and saying to the attending traffic cop ..."but my car is not really here, I mean it...my car is not involved in this crash...go away..."

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Your meaning was clear from what I read, people have a bad habit of twisting what someone says into what they want them to say around here. Don't sweat it.

No sweat. Kinda sad really. Even repeating and repeating and clarifying seems in some cases to be futile.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

from your thread

Trump but it's so annoying hearing people say the American people won when that clearly isn't the case when you look at the numbers.

So the College vote is not American?

my history for something to argue with me about

Your words speak as to your motives

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Again, my issue was with Trump supporters saying the American people chose Trump when the numbers clearly show Hillary got more of the popular vote. Trump won with the EC, I never argued that or complained about it so what are you going on about?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Jeez dude, you are such a nitpicker. Go bother someone else with your nitpicking. If you read the comment I was replying to you would see why I used the word 'ask' instead of 'protest'.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if they lead me personally to commit genocide 70 years after the fact, what matters is that they did at one point.

So why should we fear Trumps words if there is no chance of them having an affect on you or any other critical thinking person?
Or to put it another way...there should be silence coming out of the White House.

But lets be honest...you will never be at peace until you hear Trump say something really stupid meanwhile avoiding little facts like Benghazi or the Clinton Foundation.

Your "reality" is living in the "Trump" tomorrow whilst ignoring facts on the table in the today

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Because not many people are critical thinkers in today's world, they are reactionary and prefer information to be spoon fed to them. And what in the world makes you think I support anything about Hillary or what she did? Lol.

I will be ignoring you after this post. Have a good night/day.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join