It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's democracy and free thinking.

Plenty of places to go its not aloud.

I used to have disdain for most of my generation and society as a whole. Then I realized they probably don't like me either haha.

It is what it is, I'm past being cynical and just going to enjoy the ride and human experience for that matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It doesn't matter if they lead me personally to commit genocide 70 years after the fact, what matters is that they did at one point.

His words manipulated people (who are made of matter, because that's all that there is, right Mr. materialist?) into committing genocide.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Women's March:

Organizers in Portland say the march isn’t a protest against the inauguration of Donald Trump; instead, its goal is to “unify and empower people who stand for women’s rights, human rights, immigrant rights, civil liberties, and social justice for all.”

Source

In Seattle, for example, the Anti Trump protests;

• Jan. 20: Race for our Rights 5K. A running event in Magnuson Park from 6-8 p.m., set up to raise funds for Planned Parenthood in light of Trump’s election.

• Jan. 20: Protest Milo Yiannopoulos at University of Washington. People are planning to protest an appearance of this controversial conservative at UW. Doors at 7.

• Jan. 20: Bed-In for Peace. Inspired by John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s 1969 bed-in protest from 8 a.m.-9:30am. Organized by KEXP.
Source
Etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

...YOU wanna give 'em CYANIDE?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

It doesn't matter if they lead me personally to commit genocide 70 years after the fact, what matters is that they did at one point.

His words manipulated people (who are made of matter, because that's all that there is, right Mr. materialist?) into committing genocide.

That sounds more like an admission of guilt, not fact. If you're manipulated by words it's because you choose to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

a reply to: GodEmperor

CNN? I thought that was fake news?

Did those protests repeal Obamacare? How do you know these protests won't change politics in the future?

Do you now? That is interesting.

Good-bye Obamacare.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Effecting real positive change, I don't see how this anti-Trump reactionary movement would accomplish any positive change.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The precise and simplistic answer I expected from a self absorbed Merry Andrew like yourself. Try again.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost

The precise and simplistic answer I expected from a self absorbed Merry Andrew like yourself. Try again.

Ask another silly question again and I will.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Your Humor exceeds you silly man.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I would vote for you as chief Sorcerer, as you have manipulated my grey "matter" with your elucent words to ward staving of dementia and retaining some semblance of "down to Earthness" You always challenge me to learn new words everyday.(elucent is todays word for me)

on Orwell:

There is something wrong with a regime that requires a pyramid of corpses every few years

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: eluryh22

The Tea Party protests were all for nothing too. Did you support them?

Were they though?

Here we are 8 years later. Where exactly are the Democrats and what exactly is the likely fate of Obamacare?

And instead of the old line GOP in charge, we have a bunch of new, young talent in the GOP at all levels. Who is responsible for this? In a lot of places, it's the TEA Party. The protests coalesced into an internal party resistance that has proven to be effective.

Where at the state and local levels are the Democrats? And now they've lost out nationally too. That resistance, those protests, they led to this. Now we'll see if it was all worth it.

So, where will these protests lead? Obviously, Occupy went nowhere. So let's see if this leads anywhere either.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Who said I was talking about myself? Words don't manipulate me personally but they do for many people. Go to any Pentecostal (or any other denomination really) church and see just how manipulated its members are by their pastors' words.

You cannot sit there and tell me words do not manipulate people with a straight face, can you?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost

Your Humor exceeds you silly man.

Charmed.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: eluryh22

B-thing and moaning, yes.

Protests of this nature? No.

And before you say it, the Tea Party people were specifically against the affordable healthcare act.

No. The first nationwide Tea Party protests took place a tad over a month after Obama was inaugurated on February 27, 2009. The first proposals for the PPACA didn't appear until the middle of the summer of 2009. The PPACA wasn't enacted until March of 2010.

I'll take a look into that. If I'm wrong about it I definitely want to learn more.

You'll remember they were demonized as violent and racist. I think it was Lewis who claimed he was called the n-word something like 15 times, yet the video proved otherwise. Typical tactics get old quick.

Claimed they were spit on too.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Who said I was talking about myself? Words don't manipulate me personally but they do for many people. Go to any Pentecostal (or any other denomination really) church and see just how manipulated its members are by their pastors' words.

You cannot sit there and tell me words do not manipulate people with a straight face, can you?

If words manipulate people, why aren't you manipulated by them?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People didn't like Obamacare (including me) whether there was a Tea Party movement or not and it was bound to be repealed by the right eventually anyways because 'Obama'.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You know what, words do manipulate me to some extent as they do you and everyone else. To what extent is the issue.

Think of a red balloon.

You thought of a red balloon didn't you?
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

if you were to lay eyes upon LesMisanthrope
your preconceptions of debonair charm and wit would be challenged

link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

HANG on ,I READ about your vaunted HISTORY claim, bub, HOW the hell can a CORPORAL (Military) and an artist/Author(NO money ,capacity to make it by hisself) Syphlitic (Trump hasn't had that)
and yet YOU are spinning a BILLIONAIRE to being EQUATED to THAT.
COULD it be ,YOU may be weeping a bitter tear of DENIAL?
In CASE you missed it AND ALL HAVE , WE didn't respond to ANY POLLS we kept quiet when asked by media and WE CHOSE to ambush the Progs .
Tea Party as in.
AS too the Donald going Hitler ...I would LOVE to see a wager from someone on that.
I would equate the DNC followers to zombified citizens hypnotized by their cell phones that caused a great deal of this....MAYBE they should learn to LOOK around more so they aren't so EASY to blind side.
edit on 19-1-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Here, I'll de-buzz it for you a bit. The media predicted an HRC win and was so wrong that they have egg on their face. The liberal celebrities and political comedians are stung as well. The brainwashed masses that use both of the above to make up their minds for them are also left in the dark.

After close to $1.5 billion spent on negative ads that basically said Trump gave Son of Sam meanness lessons has left a group bitching about how horrible things will be...because they have nothing else to do or say as a reaction.

Trust me, it could be me up there instead of Trump and the same crap would have been said. And the reactions would be the same. Except I wouldn't be lashing back on Twitter at various famous people, I'd tell them one on one to their face...more intimidating that way.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join