It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Really? And how's that. Didn't realize you were a psychologist as well as a political philanthropist. You may have outdone yourself this time.

link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: eluryh22

So how can you complain about bitching and moaning now? You're the one who brought bitching and moaning up, not me.

And people are specifically against Trump and the people he has specifically appointed into his cabinet. He's not a good person, his past proves that.

I'm starting to realize that you have no idea what you are talking about because you can't keep and "apples vs apples" and "oranges vs oranges" comparisons separated.

Individual people, talking with their friends, family and coworkers b-tching and moaning while standing around the water cooler, compared to protests of X-number-of-people "protesting" to b-tch and moan are two entirely different things.

I understand that in your effort to keep up with logic you adopted the word "specific" but you still haven't used it properly.

You JUST said, "And people are specifically against Trump and the people he has specifically appointed into his cabinet" yet you STILL.... STILL... (I'll say it one more time) STILL can not or will not tell me what exactly the protesters are asking for.

What, specifically, do they want to see happen? What is it that they want to hear from someone that will make them say, "Ok, we're good now."...?

You can't answer that question because you (possibly) don't even fully understand what you are so upset about.... just like the protesters. They know they are mad about "something" but they can't articulate it because there is nothing to rally against.

link   

Words are more powerful than you think Les, I don't think you give them enough credit. Hitler started an entire genocide simply from the words he spoke. The media does it (not genocide) every day as well.

You are wrong my friend, words can most definitely manipulate matter.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I see they have established their NATIONAL anthem...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would have voted for RP, as he was/is a man of respect, honesty and integrity, even though I disagree with much of what he said. He could have shaken-up the establishment with a bit of respectability.

I agree, I almost went Bernie for the same reason, didn't necessarily agree with much of his platform but I trusted him, that's rare.

Trump is not such a man and does not deserve the respect he has been given. He deserves a shot, but respect is something he gave away freely a long time ago.

Agreed, but with what I had to choose from I picked what I did. I am not much of a moralistic, but I will have to cope if I f'ed up.

link   

What, specifically, do they want to see happen? What is it that they want to hear from someone that will make them say, "Ok, we're good now."...?

They want their worst fears realized, it will be a great disappointment, but that is the beauty of it.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: theantediluvian

B-thing and moaning, yes.

Protests of this nature? No.

And before you say it, the Tea Party people were specifically against the affordable healthcare act.

No. The first nationwide Tea Party protests took place a tad over a month after Obama was inaugurated on February 27, 2009. The first proposals for the PPACA didn't appear until the middle of the summer of 2009. The PPACA wasn't enacted until March of 2010.

I'll take a look into that. If I'm wrong about it I definitely want to learn more.

You'll remember they were demonized as violent and racist. I think it was Lewis who claimed he was called the n-word something like 15 times, yet the video proved otherwise. Typical tactics get old quick.

I do remember that.

I also remember that they also cleaned up after themselves.

I also remember they didn't block traffic and cause harm to innocent bystanders.

I also remember a politician fabricating (demonstrably false) stories about being spit upon.... I need to make sure it was the same individual first before I make the accusation.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You think I am playing the Hitler card. But if you read my post you will find that all I have said is that the protesters think this.

So then I will wait for you to provide me where in the OP it states that the protestor's think like Hitler.

If you cant find it - these were then your words...

as a businessman many of the same qualities, or lack, that indicate the same kind of mental disorders they have been told motivated Hitler.

Again who is telling who, what, where, when?
Who is they?

I could sink really low and say something like "Orwellian" or dare I say "Goebbels"

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

They are asking that Trump not become president. I've answered your question SEVERAL times, you just refuse to accept it. It doesn't matter whether it will work or not (it won't just as the Tea Party protests didn't) but that doesn't mean they don't have a reason to protest. Just as the Tea Party protested against Obamacare, these people are protesting against Trump. Surely you understand that? Or do you choose to continue playing stupid?
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

They are asking that Trump not become president.

I've answered your question SEVERAL times, you just refuse to accept it. It doesn't matter whether it will work or not

Who are they asking?

Who has the authority for Trump not to be president?

So I'm sincerely thankful that you have finally acknowledged that these protests are all for nothing and meaningless (other than to cause disruption for the sake of disruption).

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Wouldn't that be like protesting the rising sun?

A wasted effort, fruitless endeavors. It is already understood nothing will be accomplished? Rather than effecting real change, that must be too much work.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The Tea Party protests were all for nothing too. Did you support them?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

no matter what the reason behind it is because I defend our Constitutional rights

And yet you created this thread after the Collegiate Vote was in - Isnt the Collegiate part of the Constitution and your Republic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The people's voice was not heard

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The Tea Party protests were all for nothing too. Did you support them?

5 years later, here's how the tea party changed politics

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Agreed, but with what I had to choose from I picked what I did. I am not much of a moralistic, but I will have to cope if I f'ed up.

You may have and I am glad you are willing to potentially own up to it.

Others seem to be much more dishonest.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You obviously didn't read through the thread and just decided to browse through my history for something to argue with me about. If you actually read through that thread you'd have read that my issue wasn't with the EC but with Trump supporters saying something that was patently false over and over again.

I have no issue with the EC vote, that's how it works. Next time research something before making a knee-jerk reaction.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

CNN? I thought that was fake news?

Did those protests repeal Obamacare? How do you know these protests won't change politics in the future?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Words are more powerful than you think Les, I don't think you give them enough credit. Hitler started an entire genocide simply from the words he spoke. The media does it (not genocide) every day as well.

You are wrong my friend, words can most definitely manipulate matter.

Words are many things, but powerful isn't one of them. Try listening to Hitler's words now and tell me they lead you to commit genocide.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost

Really? And how's that. Didn't realize you were a psychologist as well as a political philanthropist. You may have outdone yourself this time.

Simple deduction. You asked a silly question deserved of a silly answer.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

the words speak for themselves - everyone can look at your posts & mine and make there own minds up. Do you think throwing in the word "Advent" gives you a free pass?

Many are protesting because, for their whole lives, they have been told that the advent of Hitler was brought about by the silence of good people when a despot rose to power in their country

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join