It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are you protesting again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+116 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If the mass protests, the lamenting celebrities, and the doom-mongering of our fellow posters is any indication, the prophecies and prognostications in regards to the future of the United States under the coming leadership of Donald Trump is grounds for fear and remonstration—and he isn’t even the leader yet. But with the inauguration tomorrow, without the results of the administration with which to make an informed criticism, and upon looking around and seeing no injustice, no tyranny and no oppression, I have to ask these poor dears, “What the hell are you protesting?”

The Woman's March on Washington, a protest that is expected to entice hundreds of thousands of identitarians to the nation’s capitol, gives a hint on their website.

“The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us - immigrants of all statuses, Muslims and those of diverse religious faiths, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual assault - and our communities are hurting and scared. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear.”

These “communities” (a tedious word used to disguise the inherent tribalism and groupthink beneath a veneer of solidarity and brotherly love) are compelled to protest the egregious crime of rhetoric. They are in the business of protesting words. After all, we live in an age when “the personal is political”— a diss at Rosie O’Donnel is a slur against women in general; terse words about illegal immigrants from Mexico is an insult to all Mexicans; and a tiff with John Lewis is a tiff with the black community as a whole, and other piffle that only a dedicated solipsist could agree with, and agree he does. In other words, these identity politicians are immobilizing a mass march of people connected by no more than a coveted yet specious set of specifications, because they happened to hear certain articulated sounds in combinations they do not like.

Meanwhile, limousine liberals such as Seth Myers and Stephen Colbert, who make bank on the hyena’s chatter of their studio audience, seem to think that because celebrities do not want to go to the inauguration (or most likely threatened with sanction and death if they do), it is cause for laughter and ridicule, as if the success of an event was contingent on which of their celebrity friends happened to arrive. The sycophancy in this thinking is not only weird, but proof positive of an out-of-touch media, political class and parroting mob. And to those performers threatened with death for wanting to perform at a presidential inauguration, nary a peep about these injustices from Michael Moore, Mark Ruffalo, or the media, who are too busy virtue-signalling to the like-minded for political currency, right before they engage in mob posturing in order to threaten a democratically elected president.

In short, a question to "The Resistance": What the hell are you protesting again?

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

+56 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The snowflake generation want a participation trophy with their "free" stuff.

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Well this is the first time they have been told no.
But it's ok, trump bought snow shovels.

+58 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
well, since trump hasn`t even been sworn in or done anything yet they have to be protesting the demons and paranoid delusions swirling around in their little heads.
They have projected their worst case delusions onto a person and are protesting that person who represents those delusions.

They truly are mentally ill and are completely unaware of it.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

+70 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Most of their previous experience has taught them that "protest" is an effective way of changing what happens.
The authorities make a decision, you protest, the authorities back down and make a different decision.
Perhaps many of them have been expecting this to work as a way of stopping Trump from becoming President.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What the hell are you protesting again?

Hive dissenters must be corrected from "radical free thinking"

+60 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

They are protesting the words of media pundits.

Trump says something, the media gives their opinion of what Trump said, so the protestors are actually protesting what the media thinks about Trump.

The protestors are the media and pundits by proxy.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Such an insightful and well-thought out post with just the right amount of buzzwords. You sir are playing everything right to get tons of stars on these boards. Bravo.

As for the OP, I believe they're protesting someone who they believe is dangerous for the country. If Hillary won I'm sure conservatives would be doing the same thing.

Such a tragedy that it will most likely turn violent because of paid protestors being put in amongst the peaceful ones. Nothing more divisive than having people destroy things for cash in the guise of 'protest'. I have no doubt that conservatives will be pissed off after it's all said and done, as is the agenda.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yet another well thought-out post garnering tons of stars. I love what this place had turned into, such a great place for intelligent debate.

/sarcasm

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

Everything you said about liberals you can replace with the word conservative, and it'll be just as true.

With that said, what better time to protest than now? A reality TV star convinced half the country he represents something "new" while filling his cabinet with people that hold 50 year old bad ideas.

People are ready to watch the country burn before they'll admit they've been played. I'd say some protest and good ol fashioned civil disobedience is right on time.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Many are protesting because, for their whole lives, they have been told that the advent of Hitler was brought about by the silence of good people when a despot rose to power in their country. They believe that Trump has demonstrated not only by his words but by his actions as a businessman many of the same qualities, or lack, that indicate the same kind of mental disorders they have been told motivated Hitler. They are protesting because the future they see under Trump will sooner or later, most likely sooner, will find us all in a Nazi Germany scenario.

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

As for the OP, I believe they're protesting someone who they believe is dangerous for the country. If Hillary won I'm sure conservatives would be doing the same thing.

I doubt that would be the case. Either way, we could debate the alternate reality of what conservatives might do if Hillary had won, but it would be a waste of time.

I agree that they are protesting something in their head, namely, their beliefs, but it reflects almost perfectly the propaganda of the media, and not reality.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

They're protesting the fact that people like you look around and see no injustice and no oppression. And they fear that attitude will be normalized.

I'm asking people like you to point it out. Injustice deserves protest and dissent, but there is none around.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The propaganda of the media is aimed more at conservatives than liberals if you ask me. They keep pushing conservative's buttons and triggering them (see I can use buzzwords too) in the hope that they will hate liberals and thus divide our nation even more than it already is.

The media's propaganda is definitely working, just not in the way you believe it is.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Literally the most unlikely thing ever.

Trump is going to establish a totalitarian dictatorship? Why? Where did you pick this up?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

In short, a question to "The Resistance": What the hell are you protesting again?

The worst of history repeating itself?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Whatever they are protesting, so long as they do it non-violently, they have that right. It's a shame that people are wasting their constitutionally guaranteed rights and the resources assigned to protect them to protest something they cannot change, but I wouldn't want any restrictions on their right to peacefully assemble, would you?

Too many things could go terribly wrong if we start determining what does and what does not constitute a rightful protest.

Let's hope this all settles down quickly and we can get back to business as usual. Or a different kind of business (that's what Trump supporters want, isn't it?).

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

The propaganda of the media is aimed more at conservatives than liberals if you ask me. They keep pushing conservative's buttons and triggering them (see I can use buzzwords too) in the hope that they will hate liberals and thus divide our nation even more than it already is.

The media's propaganda is definitely working, just not in the way you believe it is.

I agree with you on this one. I mean, it's working to everyone's detriment, I'd say.

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The famous legit Hitler argument...

People think the world laugh at the US for electing Donald J. Trump; well, let me tell you that we're laughing at pathetic liberals. Literally. Liberals and the American mainstream media has become the laughingstock of the world.

Seriously, that phrase "Only in America" keeps proving itself as true by the minute this ridiculous narrative is being pushed.

I wish all the best to the next president of the United States, and will cheerfully watch his inauguration, knowing the world has avoided being dragged into World War 3, by a complete and utter psychopath.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join