It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey...your fired!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
According to this news article from FOX Comey has been fired and it might look like Lynch is next for meeting Bill on the plane. Well all the conspiracy theorists on ATS have been calling it right all along. This is getting very interesting as Trump said that what they had on Hilliary was enough to stop her from even running in the first place.....Obama had better make sure his ink doesn't run out in his pen. Because it looks like the list of Pardons just got a lot longer.
Lets hope that the writing is on the wall for the naughty people and they just go with dignity. vwww.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Obama seems to be waiting until the last possible minute to sign the most controversial pardons, only 18 hours until he is kicked to the curb.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Well he can't pardon someone who hasn't been convicted so they better hurry up and convict if he's going to pardon anyone.

ETA: this statement is false

edit on 19-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Good riddance!

Now we've got to toss Pelosi and Ryan...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Where does any law say that?

EDIT:
Constitution Article II, Section 2
and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

edit on 19-1-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Well he can't pardon someone who hasn't been convicted so they better hurry up and convict if he's going to pardon anyone.

yes he can,

Nixon was never charged or convicted of a crime but Ford pardoned him.

edit on 19-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Wait? Who has been added to a pardon list?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I stand corrected

The president enjoys broad executive authority on pardons. It’s his call. If President Obama wants to pardon Clinton, he can do it, even if she doesn’t request the pardon.

According to Politico, Obama could pardon Clinton “for any federal offenses she may have committed or could ever be prosecuted for.”

One expert, attorney Samuel T. Morison, told The Charlotte Observer, “The only constraint is that he can’t pardon someone in advance of committing the offense.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That last minute pardon list is going to be fun to see. Can he do group pardons like. "I pardon the whole FBI for any crimes they may have committed"?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What a GREAT weekend this is shaping up to be!

And an EO from Trump tomorrow on immigration.

MAGA

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Except that pardoning someone who hasn't been convicted is exactly what Ford did to Nixon after the Watergate scandal.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
youre"

MAGA

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Obama had better make sure his ink doesn't run out in his pen.

Except that he has the autopen to do his work for him:

Barack Obama was the first American President to use the autopen to sign a bill into law, which he first did on May 26, 2011 when he authorized an extension of the Patriot Act from France. And now he’s used it again to approve the fiscal cliff deal from more than 4,800 miles away and, in so doing, has returned the autopen to the national spotlight.

So if he's used it to sign bills into law, who's to say he won't use to it sign pardons?

link   

The AG and FBI director change with every administration, and usually during it too. Like I said all along, Comey did what he did because he knew there would be zero repercussions. Either Trump or Clinton would have replaced him.

link   
Does this video actually say that Comey is fired?
I can't watch it right now, but I see nothing on the news about this, and I would think it would be a big story.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

he might have to sign a pardon, leaving the persons name blank, and make thousands of copies and hand them out and let the people fill in their name in the blank.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The autopen. It's the stuff conspiracy theories are made of.

edit on 19-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Where does any law say that?

EDIT:
Constitution Article II, Section 2
and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

I see now that he can do it. But above it says offenses against the United states. To me it seems like they should at least have to be charged with something. I guess it's open to interpretation.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's actually a fascinating case. Three months ago, the Obama Administration pardoning Holder, Lynch, three Clintons, and half of his cabinet would have been a huge scandal.

The reason is conviction or not, pardon means crime. Pardon means "forgiveness for transgressions". By accepting the pardons all involved would have had to admitted they were guilty of the crimes.

Now that Trump has won the election (and the media has had three months to run a campaign), the pardons are instead a defense against a vengeful victor. No admittance of guilt whatsoever, but rather a further weapon to be used to beat Trump as a would be dictator.

Actually attacking Trump with their own crimes in broad daylight. It's brilliant when you look at it.

We'll know tomorrow at least. All conjecture at this point.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Not when you think in legalese

HUGE difference between: charges, crimes, allegations, offenses, convictions, etc.

Whole cases can hinge on one word being wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join