It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Inauguration live thread

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: Kryties

Forget what? Signs?

Do you have all the photos of violence? Where is the tear gas? The protestors attacking police and civilians?

I know it's difficult to understand the difference between peaceful protesting (even in bad taste) and violent liberals rioting.

Lol. Peaceful protesting by burning effigies in the same way slaves were hung, and holding up signs calling for Obamas execution.

What planet do you live on?

So people burning trump effigy's calling for his execution are somehow in some way better ? And now they are throwing bricks at police and destroying local businesses and cars on the street.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I think this is absolutely right. I can't imagine the worry, as a mother. I speculate this is why Baron was missing from the concert and ceremonies last night but I do not know for sure and haven't heard of some other reason. I would be filled with anxiety myself.

On another note, to listen to these news people talk about Trump is really jarring. If you observe how they talk about things like, oh no he is going to struggle with being sad at the appropriate times if something bad happens, or humble, or he wont know how to measure his emotions in different circumstances... as if every other President was some sort of perfectly composed person. Kind of makes me think about how much people look up to politicians and hold them up on some pedestal just because they are rigorously polished.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

We do want a lot of those same things. But Trump got to where he was by insulting, lying, and dividing. Don't expect everyone to climb on-board his runaway train too quickly. I hold out very little hope that he will be the one to bring people together or feel unified (since there is zero evidence for it in any of his actions and the bulk of what he's outlined).

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

All I'm saying is don't just blame all protesting on "liberals" and act all butthurt that they are protesting Trump when Republicans did the EXACT same thing to Obama.

It's not rocket science mate, it's a simple concept.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

"I don't care what group you identify with but you're still a human being and have decency and common sense that's ingrained in all of us."

I also don't understand all the hate. I see it all over the place, and in here too. It's petty, IMO, to have all the rages I see...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What were the pictures the marines (I think) held up to the head table at the dinner? And what are the two big crystal basins for? The BBC news just showed them with no explanation....

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

"I don't care what group you identify with but you're still a human being and have decency and common sense that's ingrained in all of us."

I also don't understand all the hate. I see it all over the place, and in here too. It's petty, IMO, to have all the rages I see...

I'll tell you when the hate for me started. The day Trump got elected and his supporters amassed on ATS to act like sore winners, call everyone names and insulting anyone who even dared to have an opinion. Then proceeding to go out of their way to derail every single thread they could get their hands on.....right up until today.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
What were the pictures the marines (I think) held up to the head table at the dinner? And what are the two big crystal basins for? The BBC news just showed them with no explanation....

Washing Snowflake-in-Chiefs feet perhaps?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Is hillary really sitting at the Trump family table???

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

But you don't have to stoop to their level...that makes you look as bad in their eyes as they look in yours. I've enjoyed bantering with you today yet we "identify" with different groups. We found common ground and were able to joke around. No reason we can't all do that. It has to start somewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

We can only hope that things will get better and we will all start getting along as a result of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I could see how that would rile You up. I stayed out, mostly, of the threads where all that was going on. Seemed to be a lot of juvenilistic activity going on.
I'm not for Trump, or against Him. I just try to keep My little piece of this World in tact, and all is well within that...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

THAT is a very good thing to have Hope for! Couldn't agree more!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I'm willing to give him that chance and hope that you are too...despite your misgivings and dislike of some of his personality traits. Somethings gotta give at some point

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
lmao, did anyone see how Trump gave a standing ovation to Hillary?
I have so many respect for these people *barf*

Once more, there is no left or right at the capitol.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

I think this is absolutely right. I can't imagine the worry, as a mother. I speculate this is why Baron was missing from the concert and ceremonies last night but I do not know for sure and haven't heard of some other reason. I would be filled with anxiety myself.

On another note, to listen to these news people talk about Trump is really jarring. If you observe how they talk about things like, oh no he is going to struggle with being sad at the appropriate times if something bad happens, or humble, or he wont know how to measure his emotions in different circumstances... as if every other President was some sort of perfectly composed person. Kind of makes me think about how much people look up to politicians and hold them up on some pedestal just because they are rigorously polished.

Exactly, i can definitely see how she would have had worries and anxiety and "What if's" over what could happen to her family for quite some time before today as we can be sure that she is well aware of all the hate that has been outed towards them. Her daughter even got harrased on a plane while she had her children with her. No doubt this day was a great worry for her. I know it would be a huge worry for me only building up for days ahead already.

As for those polished up politicians you are very right. I am so glad that we finally have a president that does not care much for that. I am tired of seeing Hollywood lawyers (because that is what they basicaly are) delivering all these pre-planned acts and comments and behaviors. Think back to obama trying to dry his already dry eyes pretending to have a tear or one of his obviously rehearsed jokes or hillary stammering out one of her rehearsed "pivotal" speech moments and all ran of of teleprompters.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie

But you don't have to stoop to their level...that makes you look as bad in their eyes as they look in yours. I've enjoyed bantering with you today yet we "identify" with different groups. We found common ground and were able to joke around. No reason we can't all do that. It has to start somewhere.

I've got absolutely no problem debating. I love it. It would be boring as sod just to have everyone agreeing with each other.

I take issue when the debate becomes a giant endless troll of Trump supporters making off-topic posts to derail threads and then insulting anyone who tries to bring it back on topic.

I had a great time talking with you, and some others, because it didn't devolve into that.

I admit, however, I do have a nasty streak. I cannot help but to bite back at some of the worst offenders.

edit on 20/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I could see how that would rile You up. I stayed out, mostly, of the threads where all that was going on. Seemed to be a lot of juvenilistic activity going on.
I'm not for Trump, or against Him. I just try to keep My little piece of this World in tact, and all is well within that...

Yes, from what I can tell you've conducted yourself with graciousness. Bravo!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Let go of your hate. It will eat you up.
Sound advice.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Case in point - the poster above.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join