It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst. President. Ever: Obama First President EVER to Not Reach 3% GDP Growth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

True, I really don't see a success in these graphs.

I see a failed presidency and a whole bunch of groupies trying to convince me that it was all good.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I just dont see how you can get to 'all the wrong moves'. Last time I checked, Im filling up a gallon of gas for about 2.05( thats less than when I got my license 14 years ago). I received a couple of extra pell grants on my way to a degree. I have a salaried job, all my friends are employed. I suppose its all relative however, isnt it? Of course it is. And thats my point.A lot have it worse, and they have a right to be fed up. All relative

Dont be so extreme perhaps? Obama made mistakes, like all do. But the overblown, mind numbingly, exhaustive rhetoric about how Obama has essentially delivered us to the gates of hell.... is getting old. Its worse than the Bush bashing.

I can do extreme too....
At least with the Bush bashing, there was anger cause, you know.... 1.5 trillion $ war based on an outright lie. So that the 1% could get ten times as rich. Oh sure, they had our backs by predatory loaning, with every man woman and child owning 4 homes.

But Obama... Damn him for getting us out of that gutter ..slowly....too slow! You could have done better!!!
But Obama... Damn him for lowering the unemployment rate to below 5%.. .cause people dropped out of the work force yo
But Obama... Damn him for trying to give decent healthcare for every American. So that, you know, a trip to the ER no longer bankrupts you. Wait a sec, the ACA is Obamacare/zzionk?!?
But Obama... Damn him for not being born in this country... Oh wait..' I can confirm Barack Hussein Obama WAS born in this country'...

But Obama... 'Now Ima racist anytime I say why Obama sucks.. I blame Obama'
But Obama... Damn him for using our intelligence agencies to wage secret drone wars (because the alternative was an American human life, cause those missions needed to succeed one way or the other; drone = less loss of US life..sooo... am I missing something?)
edit on 19-1-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I honestly see gas prices as a positive-
ACA is kicking the can down the road-someone else is gong to fix it.
The debt-someone else is going to have to fix it
We are still at war someone else is going to have to fix that
our economy is broken someone else is going to fix that

Obama seems like a can kicker

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: FamCore

Obama built it.

Nobody else did.

You're saying Obama caused the GFC?

What alternative version of history do you live in?

Knowing a person was going to become president, someone noone had heard of and has zero experience with anything except sweet talking, a year earlier surely kickstarted things in the WRONG direction, much like the economy has been seeing improvement spikes when the real people knew the Don was gonna win.

A whole lot of us knew he would win the second he announced, and life has been getting better ever since.

Of course he never even tried to fix anything either, just bailed out people who have more money than everyone else, even though they didn't need it.

Bigger scams than even Bush era, are the only things he did better....

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Obama was never properly vetted and his leader ship skills are under developed.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

After George, America would have elected literally anybody the Dem's put up.

The primaries for 2008 may have seemed contentious among the Democrats, but they would have all fallen in line behind however won the nomination and the landslide victory would have been the same, with, or without Obama on the ticket IMO.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Agree with this 1000% That was Hillary's true chance at president.

So repub friends... Maybe you should be happy we had Obama.. Could have had Hillary instead.. Perhaps that would have been worse?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama built it.

Nobody else did.

What an ignorant and partisan hack thing to say. You really should stop cheerleading for the Republicans because you look like a fool.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think the strings are pulled by the same puppet master. HRC or Obama-what's the diff?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

True.. But I think Hillary's strings were FAAAAAR shorter. Meaning she was much closer to the establishment than Obama was. I think she probably could have gotten MORE done in washington than Obama did

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You are right, she and Bill for that matter, had a certain way of forcing people into doing what they said.

I think I would much rather deal with Obama than Hillary the faint.

edit on 19-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Who should we assign the responsibility of the Obama admin?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But now he set another record, not to reach 3% GDP.

That's a very dishonest way to look at it, if you look at the bigger picture and the actuality of growth.

GDP has never increasingly or consecutively grown (yearly) in the last 50 Years; it has always gone up and down, but has remained more-or-less constant in its fluctuations (see the actual graphs), even though there are spikes and falls.

However, beginning in 2004, GDP started TANKING under Bush, down to -2.7 when Obama took office. After Obama took office, it GREW back to +2.5 (near average).

THAT is a growth of 5% , even if it didn't hit 3.5.

Link
Link 2

Way to bend the data to support your agenda.

edit on 19-1-2017 by Liquesence because: quotation

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well maybe in some parts of the country 2.5% is 3%. Where I come from we don't fudge numbers. He was a lack luster president that wasn't vetted properly and had limited leadership skills.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Well maybe in some parts of the country 2.5% is 3%. Where I come from we don't fudge numbers.

What the hell are you talking about?

So you're saying GDP did NOT grow from -2.7 when he took office to +2.5? That is 5% growth.

Look at the actual graphs of actual rate of growth over time. It's not "fudging numbers," it's a dishonest representation to make Obama look bad.

He was a lack luster president that wasn't vetted properly and had limited leadership skills.

So, that's your main argument since the GDP argument turned out to be BS?

Way to go, champ.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

He can't run with the other presidents in this particular gauge of success. That's all.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Oh how quickly you forget the Global Financial Crisis and its aftermath that Obama inherited.

How quickly most forget (or don't know, which is odd if you have an internet connection and a brain) is that Obama is a Progressive. Like Bush, Clinton, the odd Bush, etc. They MADE the crisis, to offer a solution. Their solution.

Obama inherited what he was supposed to inherit. What he was given was the task of further destabilizing the Republic and (with a Democratic Super-majority in House and Senate) ramrod through some (ANY!) sort of nationalized health care. Oh... and help out wherever possible on the further erosion of the Bill of Rights.

Which he did.

See, I don't understand why people go on and on about how ineffective he was. He was AMAZINGLY effective as a Progressive. He orchestrated the governmental takeover of 1/6th of our economy. Wow!

The list now is Wilson, FDR, Johnson, Obama.

He made the cut! He has his legacy.

edit on 20Thu, 19 Jan 2017 20:47:12 -0600America/Chicago17th2017-01-19T20:47:12-06:00pmThursdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

How did the govt take over 1/6th of our economy? If the govt did, I am getting the bill.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I got emotionally offended discussing Obamacare earlier, as a Teratoma of health policy intersecting Washington DC. Our wise leader, Mr. Obama didn't understand the fundamental market units of Doctor time, in 15-30 minute visits, ARE the foundation of any business plan involving health care and he puts together this policy entity that I refuse to even read, as the gist is so fundamentally flawed. Then he throws out, like a politician at a Netayahu brandy and cigar lounge: "market forces will just work out," at this ECONOMIC PHILOSOPHER being HOSTAGED by his CIA?!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: JAY1980

Def not arguing about that. It hasn't been a great economy and using GDP as the only measure is really silly.

I was just pointing out the data presented by the OP's source was much more skewed than it should have been if it was trying to present a clear picture.

It could have used the graphs I posted and still come to the same conclusion about how crappy the economy has done.

~Tenth

I think the article is misleading. The title is the biggest probelm. It doesn't mention 'annual' at all. And comparing GDP to years prior to World War II is dishonest anyway--they're estimates and this country was a different beast. Yet the article has some truth. It's referring to the past 10-11 years--coincidentally Obama's presidency. None of the year averages have hit 3% GDP growth. That's not occurred since BEA started recording 1929. BEA is hte offical (government) source for this information. Link is below:
en.wikipedia.org - Burea of Economic Analysis...

This is hte excel spreadsheet on their website. If you don't have excell, you need something like Open Office:
www.bea.gov - gdpchg.xls...

This is the GDP portion of their website:
www.bea.gov - BEA National Economic Accounts...

I located this as alternative:
www.thebalance.com - U.S. GDP Growth by Year Compared to Business Cycle...

And things were not looking good recently:
www.cnbc.com - How slow is US economic growth? 'Close to zero'...
edit on 1/19/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join