It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst. President. Ever: Obama First President EVER to Not Reach 3% GDP Growth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32
(Trump isn't President yet)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

'Everything" That is a big huge statement. I think the thread is clear on what he pooped the bed on.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Your source is cause you said?

My source is simple math disproving the title with the graph from the same "article" as you called it (really an opinion piece).

So if you can't get a title right the source is iffy. Hell, him not hitting 1.5 would sound even better, and be true if the graphs are accurate. But it's obvious it's a sketchy partisan hit piece.

By the way, I've never voted Obama, and I voted for Trump but I don't come to ATS partisan click bait that isn't even true.
edit on 19-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

How oh how did anything ever get done. Or was 2008 the first year there were any repub's elected?

That is an excuse, you are not being objective.

Neither are you. Your own thread is titled "worst president ever" By the very nature of your sentence you arent objective.

I'll give you this( and also trying to have an adult conversation from this point) . Obama did NOT take advantage of his democratic house from 09-10. He force fed us a raped and pillaged version of the ACA instead. Mistake in my opinion. And you may not like statistics like this, but when Obama took office, 2 states had legalized marriage for all human beings in this country. we now have ,what, 37? Same type of stat goes for legalizing marijuana.

Im genuinely concerned about BOTH of these progressions our country has made. From Mr Trump's no alcohol stance ( personal opinions ALWAYS sway us in some form, right?) to Pence's stance on gay marriage. I could argue many would consider TRump the worst if he authorized the fed to overrule state law when it comes to marijuana. And I know millions would feel gravely hurt (and consider Trump the worst) if Trump led congress or picked justices into reversing the trend of marriage equality

But ...objectively... once cannot discount the obstructionist house that was led from 11- until the end of his presidency.

Subjectively speaking, no one in this thread can really speak objectively as this whole topic is based on opinion.
edit on 19-1-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

There it is. The classic "Oh s***! Trump isn't who I thought he was. I can't admit he's just as bad, if not worse, than every other politican!" response.

What, oh what, will your excuse be after noon tomorrow?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Still no source HUH?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Still no source HUH?

I used the same source to discredit itself, I think that says something. Look at the graph and tell me the title is accurate.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You live in a make believe world. I am sorry you live in a bubble world.

in 1/5 households no one works. I don't know your profession or the world you live in. But you obviously are not around these households.
70% of people have less than $1000 in the bank.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No we have a tangible record of legislation passed it is a fact.

Everything gets better when you realize these people don't care about you. Don't get so invested in the D or R before the name.

He stunk up the place and you know it.
edit on 19-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Oh how quickly you forget the Global Financial Crisis and its aftermath that Obama inherited.

GDP losses hit rock bottom in 2008, though. The last 8 years *should* have seen record growth, considering the bottom had already been reached and the Fed spent most of those 8 years artificially manipulating the situation with the greatest gains as a goal. The past 8 years are owned by the outgoing administration... the American people rejected "blame my predecessor" as a legit excuse in November.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What are you talking about, is Trump president?

Has he dropped the ball like Obama has for 8 years non stop?

I will be the first one to cry on my keyboard when he does, well, Lord knows what.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Let's hope they all reject "blaming the predecessor" if and when Trump stuffs up and tries to blame it on Obama, or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is about 6 months old. However there are tons of 'graphs' on there that show both the good and the bad of the obama economy when compared to the previous 5 presidents. not as fun as a meme, or one simple graph proving your point. But as they say... its in the details.

Grading Obama Economy

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think the free market helped to stop Obama's rampages.

His micro-managing backfired.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

To be fair, Obama was handed a deep fried crap sandwich with no bread t the beginning.

BUUUUTTTTTT- he did all the wrong moves to get the economy moving, and his foot is broken from kicking the can down the road.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Thank you, that gives me a good read tonight.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Some of those graphs make Obama look pretty sad.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Others not so much, but the corps must love him.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Seems to me the graph reflects more time spent in a recession than recovery.
You can see it peak up than stagnate out for about 6 months then repeat again.
Not really a functioning economy if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Def not arguing about that. It hasn't been a great economy and using GDP as the only measure is really silly.

I was just pointing out the data presented by the OP's source was much more skewed than it should have been if it was trying to present a clear picture.

It could have used the graphs I posted and still come to the same conclusion about how crappy the economy has done.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join