It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst. President. Ever: Obama First President EVER to Not Reach 3% GDP Growth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Bollocks.

The Republicans vowed openly to block anything Obama tried to do unless he did it their way.

There is mountains of evidence proving this, much of it from the mouths of the Republicans themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Standing ovation. Obama was not willing (or could not) to put forth the effort. He dithered and called names.

And his presidency is a terrible blip when America needed a great leader.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We have been sold a bill of goods that service sector jobs will be fine to base an economy off of. All Lies.

Bloated government bureaucratic jobs is their answer to everything. Big promises without REAL results and lots of fake polls and fake stats just add to the lies and the bill of goods we have been sold.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: woopy

In your mind, what should the (idiot) repubs have done?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Just like you couldn't put forth the effort to make an informative thread.

What is that source anyways?

The math is wrong, it's trying to pin a number a president barely has an effect on to define who is the worst ever.

He wasn't good, but I could think of worse.

This is like a shtty chain email that I wish my Gmail would recognize as spam so it could sit with the other 2,000 worthless waste of kilobytes.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: jellyrev

To be fair bartenders probably make better money than factory workers. On a good day our bartenders can make close to $30/hour. And we're out in the sticks.

I'll give you that. I'm a fair man. Someone has to supply all the booze to those depressed students and workers in this economy.

If bartending created wealth we'd all be swimming in the money these past 8 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh why do we have a pres then?

What about the supreme court overturning a record amount of cases against the Obama admin?

And the dismal amount of legislation that Obama got done?

Who's fault is that one?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Obama wasn't that bad. He had a mess on his hands when he got in and he did a good job at twisting the figures so it showed some growth. Remember, our economy is based on belief and it is not nearly as good as the figures say it is. But a lot of countries are in the same boat, the new style economic strategists of our country chose the wrong path over the last twenty five years. I don't know why people think something that historically did not work will work under their watch. The economy has been fragile for at least twenty years and is getting worse and worse. It does not matter how many people believe in a lie, it is still a lie.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh why do we have a pres then?

What about the supreme court overturning a record amount of cases against the Obama admin?

And the dismal amount of legislation that Obama got done?

Who's fault is that one?

I place the blame mostly on Republicans who openly vowed to block everything Obama tried to do. They didn't try to find common ground, they just said do it our way or be blocked.

Yet you blame Obama? Bit of a reach there......

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Of course, they are cats and dogs. They are apposed to each other-this your first rodeo?

Did the sun get into Obama's eyes too or did he have a cold for 8 years and just didn't feel good?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Bollocks.

The Republicans vowed openly to block anything Obama tried to do unless he did it their way.

There is mountains of evidence proving this, much of it from the mouths of the Republicans themselves.

Yes they were very honest and open, unlike somebody else.

Thank God.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The government jobs are the only ones somewhat keeping up with inflation.

I don't think they are being paid too much, I think private sector employees are paid too little.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You'll twist anything to suit your fantasy won't you?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Your source is cause you said?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How oh how did anything ever get done. Or was 2008 the first year there were any repub's elected?

That is an excuse, you are not being objective.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It still isn't a bad economy and he wasn't a bad president.

There are apparently too many economic indicators as a liberal can say it's great with supporting data and a conservative can say the economy is bad with supporting data.

As an independent, I trust my own experience and those of my close friends and family...

Most of my closest friends and family in several diverse/different states are gainfully, full time employed with good insurance check
my business is booming...check
My wife has never been paid so much for her job..check
Every house in my neighborhood is occupied...I'd say 80 own...20 % rent
Every business in my shopping center is occupied..no vacancies...check

I don't know of anyone that is doing badly, economically, that isn't on drugs or a hopeless alchoholic.

So please tell me again how the economy stinks? LOL

What make believe world do you live in?

Now...just to address those with differing opinions...and this isn't Obama's fault...but yes...

There are some bad neighborhoods...don't live there.
There are some cities in decline...like Detroit. Move away or embrace the new economy
With China and India going through their own industrial revolution/manufacturing faze, like the US did decades ago...of course we are losing and will continue to lose manufacturing jobs...train yourself to get a new career
Green energy is here to stay...Coal jobs especially, but oil, natural gas...those jobs will continue to decline. expect that and move on

edit on 19-1-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

Yawn, I'm sure you came up with Face book BEFORE it was a thing too.

Im not sure what on earth you're trying to insinuate. I never said I was clairvoyant. I said for every graph someone has to prove a point, someone else has a graph disproving it.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: xuenchen

I have a feeling that once Trump has some bad numbers, he's going to claim they are fake when they are released.

He's not inheriting a great economy either, let's see how long he's willing to blame Obama for that, instead of himself, like the the left did with Bush's economy.

~Tenth

One trigger might happen if the FED raises interest rates too fast.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: BrokedownChevy

If Obama was really super good, he would have thrown the bankers/wall streeters/fund raters asses in prison. You want to know what he did?

DOUBLED DOWN ON STUPID

Like employing a former Goldman Sachs CEO in the white house?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

How oh how did anything ever get done. Or was 2008 the first year there were any repub's elected?

That is an excuse, you are not being objective.

Blaming everything on Obama without considering other options is "not being objective".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join