It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst. President. Ever: Obama First President EVER to Not Reach 3% GDP Growth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They are taking into account ALL the data.

The website you posted, which is hilariously right leaning, only counted certain presidents and economic data, which can't at all give you a clear picture.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: Kryties

Oh how quickly you forget the Global Financial Crisis and its aftermath that Obama inherited.

I was also going to mention how when Obama first took office, the first most imminent thing on his plate was trying to save the economy from complete collapse.

Regardless of what you think of Obama, he didn't make that mess. And it couldn't have been easy finding a way to (at least temporarily) re-stabilize the system

** Newsflash **

When Obama won in 2012 he inherited HIS OWN economy.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I think he would be awesome to go hunting with. I can imagine field dressing a deer and tossing the heart to him--NOW that would be funny.

link   

I've got a few labels but I think I'll settle on Trump supporters. During the campaign I saw more than a few people compare Trump to Teddy.

link   

I think his point is graphs can represent almost any point you want if you only use one.

And I'd go further and say this is just a spam thread that was half assed and super partisan with no real information.

Hell, you got the numbers wrong in the title.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The average cycle is 6 years. considering he came in at rock bottom he had a whole 8 years of upwards trajectory.

Data that .gov has been spewing out is about to get corrected. No more feel good massages. I see The student loan defaults just got revised today. Their error in calculations made the numbers look better than reality in 99.8% of cases.

The obama economy was replace one full time good paying manufacturing job with two part time waitress and bartender jobs.

I'm locked and loaded with BLS data that is graphed out showing how abysmal this stretch has been.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Because the economy is such a simple thing that it only takes a few years to turn around. The conditions that led to the Great Recession extend back to at least Clinton, if not Reagan. The only time the economy has been worse was during the Great Depression and it still took FDR most of his three terms to fix things. And he had the added benefit of a world war.
edit on 1/19/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I guess (for now) you can consider me a Trump supporter. But please refer to me as Mr. supporter of Trump-- I identify as a man.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ok. The title is from the story. It looked interesting, and it is pretty accurate.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

To be fair bartenders probably make better money than factory workers. On a good day our bartenders can make close to $30/hour. And we're out in the sticks.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ok. The title is from the story. It looked interesting, and it is pretty accurate.

How is it accurate if five presidents haven't hit 3 percent since WWII, yet the title claims he's the first not to hit it?

You spam these conservative hit pieces and get burned from time to time because it's biased garbage.

I'm not saying he wasn't a bad president. What I'm saying is the story graph and title are disingenuous to say the least.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I agree with your post. How one person can be so wrong so many times in 8 years is beyond me.

It is almost as if he thought about a problem, asked all this support staff then did the exact opposite of sound and proven advice.
edit on 19-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Oh how quickly you forget the Global Financial Crisis and its aftermath that Obama inherited.

Exactly plus the republican majority in congress which was working against Obama

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The Trump Administration is going to show how the numbers have been faked.

The Citizens will be informed very soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have a feeling that once Trump has some bad numbers, he's going to claim they are fake when they are released.

He's not inheriting a great economy either, let's see how long he's willing to blame Obama for that, instead of himself, like the the left did with Bush's economy.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: woopy

Exactly plus the republican majority in congress which was working against Obama

Thank God for that.

You can only imagine how bad it would have been if they worked "with" Obama.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh we need to build more bars then.

Crap don't tell Obama, he would have a bar building stimulus plan that would guarantee 10,000 new bars. Oh he's done. Never mind.

To be fair bartenders probably make better money than factory workers. On a good day our bartenders can make close to $30/hour. And we're out in the sticks.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: woopy

This excuse is so tiresome. Obama failed to develop relationships across the aisle, roll his sleeves up and WORK at real progress. Of course, the opposing party will try to block his efforts. That's when REAL leadership is revealed and you get in there and work work work to make it happen. He was LAZY....period. He preferred to use his phone and pen and issue EOs rather than accomplish real things through the legislative process. Worst president EVER.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

What really wonder is how patient the US population as a whole is willing to be?

We have been sold a bill of goods that service sector jobs will be fine to base an economy off of. All Lies.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

** Newsflash **

When Obama won in 2012 he inherited HIS OWN economy.

** Newsflash **

Presidents don't have near the impact on the economy that people pretend they do. Let's look at Clinton. Do you believe that Clinton was responsible for the long boom of the 90's? What exactly does Bill Clinton have to do with something like the explosive growth in the tech sector? Absolutely nothing.

Do you also want to give Clinton credit for balancing the budget all by his lonesome? I'm sure Newt Gingrich would argue that the Republicans in Congress had a little something to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join