It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any woodworkers out there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Really? It seems to me that it is the other way round if I am brutally honest.

You see the majority of folks on the group took it for what it was, a bit of banter and a lighthearted joke.

the ones that took issue were the ones with strong political views that failed to see it as it was very much like youself.

it is not my politics or even my country I simply took two things that were current and had oposing sides and made a comparison for fun?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: nonspecific
Haha that's actually a pretty funny joke. Trump supporters love to threaten violence on people that don't agree with them, get used to it.

He trolled his politics into a forum set aside for woodworking. But you're gonna blame all trump supporters for taking the bait?

I can only speak from my own experience. Anything else and I'm just assuming, and you know what's said about that.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just had to post this on your thread sorry to thread drift a little but thought you wood guys and gals would like it. Now I hope this link works I found it on pintrest.

pin.it...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

A lot of neat ideas there. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't do screws, pocket jigs, nails, etc. I guess there's nothing really wrong about them, if that's what you prefer, but I do hand cut mortise and tenon with dowel pins or dovetails and sometimes pass through mortise and tenon. And a bit of Titebond 2.
I've got a bed I've wanted to build for myself and that's my Spring project. I'm using a live edge slab for the headboard. I'd love to find one like this, but there are WAY too many zeros in the price for this kind of wood.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That sure is beautiful. Good luck with your project.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You made a joke to a bunch of woodworkers? Well, any threats you get are entirely your own fault.

You know how chippie they are.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Gorgeous wooden bathtubs! I'm speechless!

www.nkwoodworking.com...

edit on 20 1 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

a sneaky suspicion that it's all going to fall apart in less than a year
-
ól .lo9o Dropped my coffee and in the commotion that code got typed. Searched videos with that code and got this as the top result. www.glenfiddich.com... I'm not sure what the universe is trying to tell us here. Perhaps fill a wooden bathtub with Glenfiddich and soak all your worries away.

What I was going to say is I can see how that could be an inflammatory comment. I find most modern furniture remains sound for years as long as you don't touch it, breathe on it or attempt to use it.

I'll drink a toast to all those who make strong, long lasting furniture.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Far out and furious....... As my mums husband use to say instead of the F word. Thats amazing.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester
WOW is that beautiful!!! I have lots of scrap from my work and have been thinking of building a built in tub/shower the using rippings! In the thinking stage now but someday when I have nothing to do....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join